Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Fading burn scarring?

Old 03-05-2013, 04:24 AM

indicababy is on a distinguished road
Fading burn scarring?

Hey everybody, I am wondering if anyone can advise me.
I have a burn scar above my right boob from being burnt as a toddler. It is about 3" long and 2" wide. Is there anything I can do to reduce the appearance of this scar?
I have tried topical ointments and was considering a scar revision but this wouldn't be ideal due to the location of the scar.

I would really like to fade it a little before my augmentation as it hugely hampers my confidence and limits what dresses and tops I can wear, I'll probably feel worse about it when I have nice boobies.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance

Last edited by indicababy; 03-05-2013 at 04:25 AM. Reason: Bad spelling
Old 03-05-2013, 05:06 AM
Boobies!...Finally! :)

*Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light *Meg* is a glorious beacon of light
Omg!!!

I also have burn scars above my (left) breast. I also got them when I was a toddler. Mine are 3rd degree scalding scars caused by boiling water and have faded significantly over the years so now they are skin coloured at least but the texture is ropey and waxy though fairly flat...I notice them more than others but isn't this usually the case?

I have talked to different PS's and at least in my case not a lot can be done...the most I was advised was to try silicon sheeting...though I never really kept up with it for very long (which is surprising as I used the silicone sheeting 24/7 for 8 months on my BA scars and was very happy with the results) ..I know that silicone sheeting can help a lot in flatterning and fading scars...what caused your burns?

Last edited by *Meg*; 03-05-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-05-2013, 08:57 AM

indicababy is on a distinguished road
Thank you *Meg* for your response. My burn was also caused by boiling water. I will try silicone sheeting, cheers for the recommendation.
My scarring sounds a lot like yours actually. Uneven edges, thicker in some places than others and wont tan but goes bright pink if I catch the sun. It is a bit ropey too. I know it sounds awful but I'm glad to find somebody else with chest scarring, was beginnning to think it could affect my chances of having a good result.
The Following User Says Thank You to indicababy For This Useful Post: