Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Juvaderm for acne scarring?

Old 03-12-2013, 01:10 PM

cricket007 will become famous soon enough
Juvaderm for acne scarring?

I had a post op appt today and talked with my PS about doing something about my acne scars. I basically have two small areas (one on each cheek) and then an annoying smile line on my left side. Has anyone tried juvaderm for acne scarring and like the results? My scars are like little pits. One surringe is 595$ and I will most likely just use one. I want to make sure its worth it.
Old 03-14-2013, 09:29 AM

cricket007 will become famous soon enough
Anyone? Is it good with smile lines? I figure I will update this thread with results once I het it done.
Old 03-16-2013, 10:24 PM
Video Vixen Body = My Goal

SoGlossy is on a distinguished road
What did you do to stop your acne? My former derma won't do anything about scars until my acne is gone. Makes sense. Well, nothing he did worked long term and i refused to get on accutane. So I've been just dealing with it.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:05 AM
I LOVE MY BOOBIES!!!!

boobiesforme is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cricket007 View Post
Anyone? Is it good with smile lines? I figure I will update this thread with results once I het it done.
I wish I could help you. I have some scarring too and I would love to see your after pics if you do try it. Please keep us posted

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
Old 03-17-2013, 02:26 AM

BoobsAndLoubs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by SoGlossy View Post
What did you do to stop your acne? My former derma won't do anything about scars until my acne is gone. Makes sense. Well, nothing he did worked long term and i refused to get on accutane. So I've been just dealing with it.
I have been battling with acne since I was 12 years old and FINALLY I feel like I've won the battle. I've tried TONS of methods, procedures, products etc. but NEVER have I ever used Accutane. I found my derm here in Beverly Hills and she is AMAZING, Dr. Rachel Abuav. A lot of her clients are performers for Cirque du Soleil and treats their WHOLE bodies bc they use such heavy Mac makeup for performances. She said I was an excellent candidate for "acne surgery." They numb your face with a numbing cream, then with a tiny needle, they go in and kill the bacteria all over your pores. The process took about 45 minutes because I got my WHOLE face done including my neck. I'm then using Retin A (0.025%) on my face every night and taking a low hormone birth control daily.

The acne surgery wasn't covered by my insurance (of course bc insurance covers almost NOTHING these days ) and cost me $342. Not bad, but still it came out of my pocket. The Retin A is covered by insurance and I pay $10 for every refill and the same for birth control.

Do you have cystic acne? I did too! Your derm can inject cortizone shots in the raised pimple that has no head and within hours (and I mean like 2-3 hours) the cystic bump is gone! That is also NOT covered by insurance and I think for me it costs me $60 per syringe.
The Following User Says Thank You to BoobsAndLoubs For This Useful Post:
Old 03-17-2013, 10:29 AM
Video Vixen Body = My Goal

SoGlossy is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BoobsAndLoubs View Post
I have been battling with acne since I was 12 years old and FINALLY I feel like I've won the battle. I've tried TONS of methods, procedures, products etc. but NEVER have I ever used Accutane. I found my derm here in Beverly Hills and she is AMAZING, Dr. Rachel Abuav. A lot of her clients are performers for Cirque du Soleil and treats their WHOLE bodies bc they use such heavy Mac makeup for performances. She said I was an excellent candidate for "acne surgery." They numb your face with a numbing cream, then with a tiny needle, they go in and kill the bacteria all over your pores. The process took about 45 minutes because I got my WHOLE face done including my neck. I'm then using Retin A (0.025%) on my face every night and taking a low hormone birth control daily.

The acne surgery wasn't covered by my insurance (of course bc insurance covers almost NOTHING these days ) and cost me $342. Not bad, but still it came out of my pocket. The Retin A is covered by insurance and I pay $10 for every refill and the same for birth control.

Do you have cystic acne? I did too! Your derm can inject cortizone shots in the raised pimple that has no head and within hours (and I mean like 2-3 hours) the cystic bump is gone! That is also NOT covered by insurance and I think for me it costs me $60 per syringe.
Wow! Thanks for all of the good information. I need to check into a higher profile doctor asap to get that done. I have had some cystic and a lot of surface white/black heads occurring non stop since about 12 or 13 as well. Now that my skin is worn out from the acne, I feel like Freddy Krueger.