Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Brazilian Laser Hair Removal

Reply Subscribe
Old 03-02-2008, 03:33 PM

ChicFashionista will become famous soon enough
Brazilian Laser Hair Removal

I'm going to take the plunge and finally do this. It's $1600 here in NYC. I get wicked bumps and ingrowns even after waxing for years, and I'm just tired of it. I have dark, coarse hair, which is the problem.

Has anyone had their ::ahem:: area down below done? Do they do a full brazilian, as in the "back area" and inside lip area too, or is that just too sensitive of an area?

How many treatments until you started really seeing results, and how far apart were yours spaced?
The Following User Says Thank You to ChicFashionista For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2008, 04:23 PM

finnox is on a distinguished road
Hey

I also want to know the same answer its about the same out here plus I got a 300 dollar gift certificate. Its 1600 for 4 treatments which is what is supposed to make it a lifetime guarantee so if anything grows back its covered. You should see what they offer with that. I want the whole thing done and also my underarms. First the brazilian and then the underarms. CANT WAIT underarms are only 660 so not bad in pricing and thats with all 4 treatments .

I would like to know anyones experience with this as well.

Tracy
Old 03-02-2008, 05:16 PM

chicagogirl6 is on a distinguished road
I was going to get that done and where i have gone before for laser treatments, the brazilian includes the back area and lips too. at my place, they give you soem numbing cream for the pain to apply prior to the procedure. i havvent had it done yet, but i assume it would be like other laser hair removeal schedules (ie every 6-8 weeks)
The Following User Says Thank You to chicagogirl6 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2008, 06:18 PM

Grazi427 is on a distinguished road
i would love to get that done! im in the nyc area as well and am very interested. do u mind PMing with the info on where your getting it done?! thanks
Old 03-03-2008, 11:42 AM

Thank you! The place I'm looking into uses IPL. I asked about using a numbing cream, and they said that they don't do it that way - that they need to know how much of it I'm feeling to adjust the machine accordingly. Does this sound right to you?

I've gotten brazilian waxes for years, and they hurt like a b$tch. However, they're fast and over in 15 minutes. I'm hoping this can't be much worse pain-wise. I just really want to see results.
Old 03-03-2008, 03:46 PM

Lipo1 is on a distinguished road
Just do it you won't regret it. The laser hurts a little but it's nothing like the pain of a Brazilian wax. I don't get a numbing cream and the place I go to uses the Gentlelase. It has some sort of coolent that freezes you before you feel the zap of the laser. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lipo1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2008, 07:46 AM

Nica is on a distinguished road
I was wondering how the hair removal was going with you blue! Glad to hear you are happy. I think i'm going to do it after this coming summer. The lady here charges 127 euro for one session for the whole area.

Let us know how it turns out for you Chicafashionista!!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:33 AM

I'll definitely keep you all updated, I made my first appt for Thursday!
Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 PM

I had my first session today! I had to ask and pay extra for them to REALLY do a Brazilian - the lips, backside, etc. They classify that as "Completely Bare", even though I did leave a little landing strip. The extra cost was annoying to say the least.

Pain-wise, this surpisingly wasn't worse than a Brazilian wax. There were definitely a few areas where I had to breathe in and out to get through it, and felt my legs shake a bit (the lips, especially when she ::ahem:: "opened" me a bit) ... but those bad areas were over in literally just a couple of minutes. And once it's over, there's no pain, unlike the bad soreness I would always get for the rest of the day with a Brazilian wax. Seriously, it was over so quickly that I asked myself why I had been too chicken to do this earlier! The back area hurt much less than the front, and was over sooooo fast.

So that's my pain report. I go back in four weeks for my next treatment.
Old 03-07-2008, 10:15 AM

<<did you IPL or laser? and how much did it cost? >>

You know, I'm not sure if they ended up using the IPL or the laser on me! They have both. They used a machine that is made for women with tanner skin tones and dark hair on me ... I'm pretty sure it was an IPL. I'll find out!

It was wicked expensive. I paid $2,300 ... and that was AFTER my 25% off discount. (I work in the industry.)

<<But getting this done is next on my list!!! I get waxed every 5 weeks and I can never avoid horrible ingrown hairs and bumps.

PLEASE keep me updated on how it goes. I'm also in the new york city area and would love a recommendation if you like it. >>

Absolutely! I've also waxed for years, and always got terrible ingrowns and bumps ... no matter what I did, no matter what I used.

I'm going to "Completely Bare" in downtown NYC. I'll let you know how it goes after a few more sessions, and if I'm happy with the results.

When I showered last night and soaped up down there, I did notice it was tender to the touch. But still not even close to how sore it feels after my brazilian waxes.

Seriously, for any woman who does brazilian waxes, the pain is managable. The blessing is that it goes fast ... even quicker than a brazilian wax.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChicFashionista For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2008, 01:52 PM

Nica is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the update. That definitely makes me feel better for when it's my turn!!
Old 03-07-2008, 02:05 PM

Lipo1 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by ChicFashionista View Post
Seriously, for any woman who does brazilian waxes, the pain is managable. The blessing is that it goes fast ... even quicker than a brazilian wax.
Couldn't have said it better. Any Brazilian Wax Veterans won't think a Brazilian Laser is that painful.

Congrats on going Laser bare..(lol)
Old 03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Sure sounds tempting to me.

My DH (live in boyfriend at the time) was the one that suggested my BA cause he has this big boob fetish, and I had little deflated "Mommy" boobs when we met, so I was always keeping my boobs covered during sex. Since he knew it stung a bit for him to suggest the implants, no.. it stung a LOT, he told me he'd also pay for laser hair removal for my legs and bikini area. I was excited!

We consulted on that along with the BA, to every PS I saw for the BA consult, (5 all together), and they all said it would take LOTS of treatments because I'm blonde, and end up being thousands of dollars. In the end I decided I didn't want to go for a year of treatments/growing it out again, treatments/growing it out, etc.. and never did it. They also wouldn't guarentee it would work 100% since I'm blonde.

That was 4 years ago. Anyone know if it's improved? If it works well on blondes now too?
Old 03-07-2008, 04:54 PM

It's actually not guaranteed to work 100% on anyone! Laser hair removal is said to permanently remove anywhere from 50-80% of hair after six treatments. I'm not sure about the technology for blonde hair, but I'd be willing to bet it's come a long way since the technology for dark hair against tan skin (me) has come a long way since I first started looking into this a few years ago. But I do know that blonde hair is tricky to treat. It's definitely worth some investigating, though it will be expensive. To do both the bikini and full legs (top and bottom) can easily cost several thousand dollars.

The good thing about laser removal is that you don't have to grow hair out at all - you actually have to shave before your appointment. So none of that fuss! I always hated that about waxing.
Reply Subscribe