Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 1 Post By roxiev
  • 1 Post By burr12
  • 1 Post By little_minx
  • 2 Post By dex
  • 1 Post By HotMagenta
  • 2 Post By Nonie13

Doctor says nothing will help old, white stretchmarks

Old 03-16-2014, 04:28 AM

roxiev has room for improvement
Doctor says nothing will help old, white stretchmarks

I went to a consultation at the skin clinic and the doctor who saw my stretchmarks was very adamant that nothing can help them. She said not even their state of the art laser, no creams or chemical peels as all these treatments are all "bullshit". I was very disappointed because from what I read on many websites and articles that lasers may help to improve the appearances.

Then at the end of the consultation, after her comments that nothing can help my stretchmarks, she gave me some topical gel samples for stretchmarks just to see if they would work. Talk about contradiction. It was very confusing and annoying, the consultation wasn't cheap and the wait was very long, it was a total waste of time and money.

I have already made another consultation to see another doctor who will hopefully have some good news.

Nonie13 likes this.
Old 03-22-2014, 07:11 PM

burr12 is on a distinguished road
Have you looked into dermarolling and dermastamping? It's rather inexpensive if you do it yourself. I do my face and my c-sect scars along with stretch marks on my legs.

roxiev likes this.
Old 03-29-2014, 10:37 AM

roxiev has room for improvement
Originally Posted by burr12 View Post
Have you looked into dermarolling and dermastamping? It's rather inexpensive if you do it yourself. I do my face and my c-sect scars along with stretch marks on my legs.
Is dermarolling foolproof, since I can do it at home?

I have heard of that online before but I am unsure if it will cause any harm if not done right. Did it work well for you?
Old 03-31-2014, 07:57 AM

little_minx is on a distinguished road
i think you should go into a different doctor and get a consultation, because as far as i know laser does improve the stretchmarks. even if theyre very old.

also, you should look into dermarolling. from reading up on it, i found out that the results are better than those from laser

hope this helps!

roxiev likes this.
Old 03-31-2014, 11:29 AM
dex

dex is an unknown quantity at this point
At least she didn't make you pay for an expensive technique that wasn't going to work. In a way I commend her for telling you the way she sees it. She isn't in it for the money like so many other doctors.
I use Mederma on my BA scars and it works really well. They have a cream for stretch marks too. I used the entire tube and it did absolutely nothing. Now THAT was a waste of money.
I hope you find something that works. If you do, please come back and let us know about it. I'm sure there are a lot of women who will be hoping you come up with something that IS worth the money.
So many people have stretch marks on the stomach, butt, hips or boobs

roxiev and pugmama like this.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:10 PM

HotMagenta will become famous soon enough HotMagenta will become famous soon enough
Yeah I guess I would rather the honest reality rather then have an expensive procedure with no result.
But, that being said, just because this particular place doesnt think they have anything to help you - another place may have something or an idea as to what may improve what you are looking to improve.
I hope your next consult goes better for you, and as far as topical creams/gels - she likely gave them to you to try as everyone is different and some may find a product does help them while others find no difference at all...basically wish-washy results

roxiev likes this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-31-2014, 06:18 PM

Nonie13 is on a distinguished road
I sell an anti aging product called Nerium and it isn't advertised to reduce stretch marks but my friends have had positive outcomes. I am currently using it on my rear end, it takes awhile but is painless
Message me and I can send you info if you'd like to try it.

roxiev and Swtblonde like this.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:48 PM

TL_RN is on a distinguished road
One of the ladies that works in my PS office told me that microneedling the stretch marks helps a lot and most of hers are gone. She told me she gets the micro-needling and then a chemical peel over it and so far they have made her stretch marks disappear. I had a TT but still have a lot of stretch marks so I plan on trying this after I finish healing from my TT/BA.