Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Scar Revision Surgery?

Old 08-31-2014, 03:12 PM

BimboBarbie is on a distinguished road
Scar Revision Surgery?

Some years ago I had to have spinal surgery and as a result it left a substantial scar on my back, which prevents me from wearing low back tops and bikinis. This coming month I'm going to see my surgeon who performed the surgery to see what options are available to me to remove the scar.
I'm aware that one of these options is scar revision surgery.

I'm wondering how many of you here have had scar revision surgery, and if so, how successful has it been for you? How many treatments did it need to go completely? And how long did it take?

Thanks in advance.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:44 PM

D4ME is on a distinguished road
I'm so glad you brought this up....I also had spine surgery and my surgeon decided to make the cut on the side of my body rather than on the back so it wouldn't be too visible, however you can still see it. Anyway I went to several surgeons in NYC and they told me I have a "beautiful" scar and that my doctor did a good job and that they wouldn't be able to cover it and refused to touch it

If you happen to hear otherwise please let me know.....I feel your pain especially bikini season!
Old 04-12-2016, 10:50 AM

cesa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by BimboBarbie View Post
Some years ago I had to have spinal surgery and as a result it left a substantial scar on my back, which prevents me from wearing low back tops and bikinis. This coming month I'm going to see my surgeon who performed the surgery to see what options are available to me to remove the scar.
I'm aware that one of these options is scar revision surgery.

I'm wondering how many of you here have had scar revision surgery, and if so, how successful has it been for you? How many treatments did it need to go completely? And how long did it take?

Thanks in advance.
Hi there, I know your post is from a while back, but I am dealing with this now so I thought I'd share my experience. I too had to have spine surgery (and a year later I had to have a radical hysterectomy). Needless to say, I now have scars all over (oh well....such is life). The one in my back really bothered me because it did a weird thing where skin/muscle would almost fold over if I did a back bend. I had some complications on the ones from the radical hysterectomy (5 scars total - two with complications) so needless to say I was self conscious about them. I did laser treatments and honestly, they didn't work for me. I think part of the reason is that the scars were thick since both surgeons used dermabond (which I ended up being allergic to). When I had my BA two weeks ago, I decided to also have scar revision surgery on the one on my back and three in the front. So far, they are very red and a tad bigger, but they look like they are going to be just a line (rather than a thick scar like before). To this day I don't understand why wounds for ANY kind of surgery are not closed by PS. Anyway, I can keep you updated with my progress if you'd like as time passes and the scars hopefully get better. Just let me know.

Hope this helps!