Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MerryD
  • 1 Post By NekkidCamper
  • 1 Post By OntarioTwins

Little spider veins on legs. schlero and vein wave

Old 10-18-2014, 01:13 PM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Little spider veins on legs. schlero and vein wave

So i had a consult for sclerotherapy and i want to do it, 225 for 15 mins which he said should get rid of all of them, i don't have a lot land they are small but I'm so pale that its def visible when i wear shorts, dresses. I had yag laser, ill done to them and it did nothing, I'm just scared to waste the money again if it doesn't work. does it hurt???????? anyone have terrific results???
he also said he would do a thing called vein wave, has anyone heard of that?
Old 10-22-2014, 04:45 PM

anyone had schelerotherapy?
Old 11-22-2014, 06:14 PM

MerryD is on a distinguished road
I havent yet but i have an appt on Dec 4th to get it done!! I'm nervous but my doc said she puts local anesthetic in with the sclerosing agent so it should be tolerable!

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:53 PM
Nudist by Nature

NekkidCamper is on a distinguished road
About a year ago, I had a micro phlebectomy, which was covered by insurance as a health issue. I also received a complimentary schlerotherapy treatment, that I took advantage of a few months later.

The Dr said that they weren't too bad, but his estimate was that it would take 3-5 treatments over time, for it to really be noticeably gone. I opted for the one treatment this past April. Took about 30 minutes total from the time I was in the room, and wore the compression hose for 3 days after that.

So the spiders eventually turned brown, rather than blue, and the needle point incisions are no longer visible, but looked like brown pinpoints for several months. Not sure if I will bother for subsequent ($300 each) visits unless it wil make a marked improvement. I'd say this one visit made a 20% improvement in reducing that darkness of the veins...

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:37 PM

OntarioTwins will become famous soon enough OntarioTwins will become famous soon enough
I've had sclerotherapy a few times. I hate getting it done but I love the results. I had a lot of horrible veins, especially behind my knees. It is unfortunate that if you are someone who gets the spider veins you will always get more eventually and maintenance is needed, forever. It hurts getting the needles. I'm a needle hater. I wish I was a pot smoker because I think maybe it wouldn't be so bad stoned. I need to get it done again soon. Boo.

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 01-07-2015, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by NekkidCamper View Post
About a year ago, I had a micro phlebectomy, which was covered by insurance as a health issue. I also received a complimentary schlerotherapy treatment, that I took advantage of a few months later.

The Dr said that they weren't too bad, but his estimate was that it would take 3-5 treatments over time, for it to really be noticeably gone. I opted for the one treatment this past April. Took about 30 minutes total from the time I was in the room, and wore the compression hose for 3 days after that.

So the spiders eventually turned brown, rather than blue, and the needle point incisions are no longer visible, but looked like brown pinpoints for several months. Not sure if I will bother for subsequent ($300 each) visits unless it wil make a marked improvement. I'd say this one visit made a 20% improvement in reducing that darkness of the veins...
had it done just under 2 months ago and they are still very much present... went back for a follow up today and he said he would give me 10mins free to treat them again. i don't think mine are THAT bad to begin with and he said i would have good results...... praying 2nd treatment is a charm in time for summer short wearing!!!!!!!