Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By KayKay1206
  • 3 Post By Arob2008
  • 2 Post By BrunetteBelle

How awkward is Brazillian LHR?

Old 01-03-2015, 02:37 PM

kalice will become famous soon enough kalice will become famous soon enough
How awkward is Brazillian LHR?

I'm not really eager to show anyone my lady parts but I really want to get rid of all the hair. I found a groupon for 6 sessions for $299 so I think I'm going to finally do it!

Just how awkward is it? What can I expect? Do they do the back as well as the front?
Old 01-03-2015, 02:42 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
i dont do LHR, but i do do the full brazilian sugering. its not awkward at all!

and i do buttcrack to frontcrack, no problem!

i would love to one day get LHR there!!

kalice likes this.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:29 PM

Arob2008 is on a distinguished road
I don't do LHR, but I do get a full Brazilian wax and it's not awkward. They see hoohas all day long, it's their job, so nothing to feel awkward about! Plus, I usually have a glass of wine before and that further lowers my inhibitions!

kalice, mellen4152 and grnfox like this.
Old 01-03-2015, 03:36 PM

BrunetteBelle is on a distinguished road
I've had 2 sessions so far for a full brazillian. The lady that does mine makes me SO comfortable, I'm beyond happy I'm doing it at this place. I barely spread my legs and she holds a piece of ice in a rag/napkin as she goes, so she covers my lady bits as she does it. She does have me turn over so she can get the sides and back really well.
Everyone that I tell that to is amazed I can do it and not feel awkward, but in my mind I know they've done and seen much worse lol. It's their job, so I doubt they care. Plus I love the lady that does mine so it works out I'm doing my underarms somewhere else though and I wouldn't have been nearly as comfortable there.
Oh and I did groupons as well! I'm already really satisfied with the results I'm getting

kalice and Jpchk like this.
Old 01-03-2015, 10:15 PM

EyeWantBoobies is on a distinguished road
I get brazillian LHR. It hurts like a mofo. My lady puts a towel over by parts so I'm not completely exposed. I don't really feel embarrased. I know she's seen it all before.
Old 01-03-2015, 11:59 PM

Backpacker will become famous soon enough Backpacker will become famous soon enough
Hi! I am SO happy I did the full Brazilian LHR last year. My DH bought me the range of 6 treatments for my birthday & it was almost quadruple what you will be paying. I had to check my math! So what an awesome deal!
To answer your question, I was awkward but the nurse doing it was such a pro she set me at ease and I even laughed (a few times, in between the pain). Lol.
So if you haven't had laser done before, it's mostly just a tedious pain but especially in the very exposed area where your pelvis meets your thigh, the laser hits some tendons and Zing! It's a half second of sheer pain. But it's over in less than 15 mins per treatment & it only feels like a bad sunburn for maybe 4-5 hours afterward. Treatment # 3 is the worst, everyone I've shared experiences with has agreed.
So leave it up to the pros they are good at what they do & it shouldn't be too awkward!
Old 01-04-2015, 05:07 PM

Thanks ladies! I think I'm going to do it soon. I had a free under arm session from my PS, and the laser they use didn't hurt at all (and it worked), but the groupon is from a different place so idk that one might hurt.
Old 04-04-2015, 07:25 PM

Just thought I'd update. I had my first treatment about 3 weeks ago. The lady on the phone recommended I get their numbing gel which I decided not to because I thought I'd be tough. I got there and the woman said she wouldn't do Brazilians without it so I put it on and waited 30 minutes. She told me to put most of it on the inner parts and work my way forward so I did. When she started lasering the front/top area it hurt almost as bad as waxing! I had some ice but I still needed a few breaks. But, when she got to around the vulva I was totally numb thank goodness and didn't feel anything. Needless to say I bought some numbing gel for next time!

About a week after small patches of hair came out but like 80% of the hair is still there. I think she wasn't as thorough on the front cause I wasn't as numb and then I think she lowered the level as she moved towards the back. Hopefully my next treatment will produce better results!
Old 04-04-2015, 08:05 PM

JuicyJordy is on a distinguished road
I had laser hair removal on my underarms and bikini line and it's amazing. I noticed a difference after one session! However it feels like 1000 rubber bands hitting you repeatedly. Totally worth it though. I really want to go back and get the full brazilian.
Old 04-07-2015, 05:55 PM

JDwhat?!?! is on a distinguished road
I just had my first treatment of lower legs and Brazilian bikini. (About 3 years ago, I had an under arms done at a really expensive place. Found a Groupon for these 2 "large" areas at about 5 times less cost as the expensive place. So I figured that if it only worked even 25%, it was worth it to me.)

So my first treatment of Brazilian and lower legs at same time: about 20-30 minutes max for both and I was out of there. It was painful during treatment, but you can tell her to stop for a second if you need to catch your breath. It was immense pain right at the special parts, but she was expecting it and goes slower. And the pain doesn't last long at all. And she does do the rear on a Brazilian. Don't forget that the technician sees people up close and personal daily, so I didn't worry about it too much. So far so good, excited for the next treatment.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:13 PM

vancity85 is on a distinguished road
I usually get brazillian waxed but just started LHR. I was expecting the pain to be similar, which it was, but 100 times over again and again. I should look into the numbing gel for my next treatment! I think I remember reading in my pamphlet that my facility had it but they never asked or offered.No point in suffering through the pain lol. Tylenol didn't do much to help either
Old 04-07-2015, 11:21 PM

vancity85 is on a distinguished road
Oh and speaking of awkward. I was anticipating getting my period on or around the same day as my first session. I was nervously waiting to see if it came before my appointment, but it didn't. Could you imagine having it start while on the table, legs spread? LOL!
Old 04-14-2015, 09:31 PM

34ato34c2015 is on a distinguished road
Very awkward!! I hate it. But it is so worth it so I suck it up. I go for my 6th treatment this Saturday. Hair is going away slowly but surely.
Old 06-01-2015, 09:21 PM

Loveabull will become famous soon enough Loveabull will become famous soon enough
I love Brazilian LHR! I got a groupon and my underarms done also. I don't think it is too awkward. The nurse made me feel totally comfortable and had a towel for me to hold for modesty.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-17-2015, 07:47 AM

TexasGab is on a distinguished road
Not awkward at all because it's over so quick. I highly recommend the numbing cream! They increase the intensity of the laser as the sessions add up, so it gets worse.
Old 06-23-2015, 10:46 PM
FloridaGirl88

Floridagirl88 is on a distinguished road
This was something I was just talking about with my best friend! She used to get waxed, but decided it was worth the money in the long run to do LHR. She said she uses an ice pack right before to help with the pain, and she said it's not bad at all. However, she also doesn't think Brazilian waxing hurts, so I don't know how much I trust her opinion on pain! I get my eyebrows waxed every two weeks, and every single time it surprises me how much it hurts! I can only imagine the lady bits...

According to this thread, seems like the result is worth the pain. I'm a shaver, but I think I may have to convert to LHR!
Old 06-25-2015, 09:30 PM

DanceMONSTAR is on a distinguished road
I was wondering the exact same thing! I am thinking of doing a full body laser hair removal treatment because shaving gives me painful bumps and waxing doesn't last as long as I would like. I think though the workers are used to it and will do anything to make sure you feel comfortable.