Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By cattrail
  • 1 Post By EyeWantBoobies

Chemical Peel tomorrow!! I'm nervous!

Old 01-13-2015, 05:12 PM

CoconutSugar is on a distinguished road
Chemical Peel tomorrow!! I'm nervous!

So, when I was in my early twenties I had a bout of cystic acne that required a 6 month accutane regimen to clear up. Since then my skin has remain fairly clear but I was left with tons of tiny ice pick scars on my cheeks, hairline and eyebrow area. I've hated that my face isn't perfectly smooth and I always feel like I have to wear makeup. Even before my BA I was more self conscious about my face than my boobs. So I decided to see a PS finally and get help to improve my facial acne scarring. The PS I'm swing for my face is going to do a series of chemical peels (two of them) and micro needling treatments (three of them) over the course of the year and says that this amount of treatments will give me vast improvement from before. I trust him, as he's dealt with acne scarring and treating them for himself as well.

I am going for my first chemical peel tomorrow, though, and I'm so nervous! I feel like I don't know what to expect. I watched a couple YouTube videos on it and it doesn't seem so bad and I read a bunch of posts on real self about it but I'm still nervous lol. Anyone had a PS perform a chemical peel and if so do you have and advice/info you could give me? I feel like I'm more nervous for this than I was with my BA!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-14-2015, 01:10 PM

Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the numbing cream to kick in. Then they're going to cleanse my face and the plastic surgeon is going to apply the 25% TCA peel. My face is going numb now and thank god because I don't want to feel anything! I'll update you all after to let you know how it goes

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-14-2015, 01:40 PM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
My PS offers a free one to his patients. I got it done but i never will again! That entire week after the procedure SUCKED!! My face was horrid!! Looked like i was peeling from a sunburn....x's 10!!
Old 01-14-2015, 01:44 PM

Just Right is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CoconutSugar View Post
Well, I'm sitting here waiting for the numbing cream to kick in. Then they're going to cleanse my face and the plastic surgeon is going to apply the 25% TCA peel. My face is going numb now and thank god because I don't want to feel anything! I'll update you all after to let you know how it goes
I hope it goes well. Good luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Just Right For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2015, 03:54 PM

Chemical peel update: day 0

ok I just got home. I look like I have a bad sunburn. The peel frosted pretty well which is good. My skins texture looks a little bit more even already but I'm sure a little bit of that is from swelling. I have to wait a week before I can wear makeup. 2 weeks until I can return to my normal skin regimen. Right now I have to use a mild cleanser 2x a day, retinol cream at night and SPF during the day and that's it.

The peel itself went fine. They only did 15% TCA peel this time because I've never had a chemical peel before and they like to err on the side of caution with the % they use for first time patients. Next time I'll get 25%.

The procedure: as soon as I got there the esthetician put numbing cream all over my face and let it sit for 45 min. Then she came in and washed it off and then wiped my face down with alcohol. Then the PS came in, explained the procedure and after care, and got ready to put the peel on. He applied the peel and waited a few minutes in between passes, he did a total of 2 passes all over my face, and he did 2 more passes over my problem areas (total of 4 pass on those areas) . The esthetician held a fan to help cool my face the entire time which helped with the stingy/burning sensations. I was pretty numb so the first pass I couldn't even feel anything. The second pass was about a 4 out of 10 for discomfort as it stung a bit for about 1-2 min. Then it's started to feel better. The 3-4 passes were the most uncomfortable at a 7-8 out of 10 for about a minute and then just felt slightly tingly/burny which gradually went away. After the procedure the esthetician put a neutralizer on me and some SPF 30 and I scheduled my 1 week check up for next Friday!

Not bad at all. I'll keep you all updated on progress!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-14-2015, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by KayKay1206 View Post
My PS offers a free one to his patients. I got it done but i never will again! That entire week after the procedure SUCKED!! My face was horrid!! Looked like i was peeling from a sunburn....x's 10!!
What did you think about your skin after everything got back to normal? Did it improve quite a bit? I'm expecting my face to look like a burn victim for about a week lol so I'm not worried about peeling or looking like a crazy person.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-14-2015, 08:52 PM

cattrail will become famous soon enough
chemical peels are amazing!! I actually usually do my own though and buy product through platinum skin care, I wouldn'st suggest anyone go there and buy a crazy peel and try it at home though.

CoconutSugar likes this.
Old 01-15-2015, 08:39 AM
JBI's Recovery Freak of Nature.

KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold KayKay1206 is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by CoconutSugar View Post
What did you think about your skin after everything got back to normal? Did it improve quite a bit? I'm expecting my face to look like a burn victim for about a week lol so I'm not worried about peeling or looking like a crazy person.
i honestly didnt pay that much attention to it afterwards! LOL
Old 01-15-2015, 09:24 AM

Day 1

my skin looks like I have a really really bad sunburn and it's tight feeling. Honestly doesn't look too bad though. My BF was surprised because we both thought I would come out looking much worse than I look now lol. I can't wear makeup for a week though. I'm wearing some eyeshadow and one coat of mascara but no other makeup. It should start to peel within the next couple days.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 01-15-2015, 11:41 AM

EyeWantBoobies is on a distinguished road
I do my own 15% TCA peels at home and find that my face feels like leather for a few days until it peels. They definately have helped with my blackheads and pores improve.

CoconutSugar likes this.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:50 AM

I'm hoping this one does more than an at home peel since I paid a plastic surgeon $400 to do it lol. I'm a tiny bit annoyed already that the PS only did 15% TCA when he told me they were going to do 25% at first but then said since I've never had one before they have to start slow when I was already laying on the office recliner bed with my face numbed. but I'm just gonna let that slide and see what kind of results I get from the 15%. I was expecting these costs but I'm hoping for some good results.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE