Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Just got back from laser hair removal

Old 06-06-2008, 02:12 PM

tiffany has a spectacular aura tiffany has a spectacular aura
Just got back from laser hair removal

Well, I finally broke down and bought a laser hair removal package. The place I went to uses the Soprano Alma laser, which is supposed to be less painful and more effective than IPL. It's marketed as "virtually painfree" but I would have to disagree. It was almost pain free for underarms, but parts of the bikini line definitely hurt a bit. All in all it wasn't too bad though. I'll keep you guys posted on whether it was effective. All of the medical assistants there have had it done, and they are all very happy, so I'm optimistic.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:32 PM

oliveskinlover will become famous soon enough
Yeaaa for Tiffany! LOL Keep us updated on your progress.

I had laser treatments on spider veins on my legs a few weeks ago... I asked the woman how it would feel, "It will feel warm." So then she started doing it and I was like, "Hey, that hurts!" And she said, "It feels like a hot poker doesn't it?" YES IT DOES!!! LOL But I sucked it up and let her keep going.

Not as good of a result I was looking for, so my PS did a scleroderma treatment on me today on one vein cluster to see if it would work. She originally thought it might discolor my skin as I have a somewhat olive complexion. We shall see.

Tiffany - are you doing that waist trainer thingy?? How is that going??
Old 06-08-2008, 01:07 AM

BlueOrchid is on a distinguished road
wow that's cool. how much does it cost? i would love not worrying about body hair ever again!
Old 06-08-2008, 07:33 AM

tiffany has a spectacular aura tiffany has a spectacular aura
Thanks guys. I'm very excited about never shaving again. I bought 6 sessions, so I hope that does the trick.

Milla, it's great to hear that you're still happy with it 5 years later. I hope the Alma laser is as effective. Fingers crossed...

Claire, this laser was "a bit warm" as well. LOL! In certain sensitive area, it was a bit too warm. BTW, I do have the waist trainer thing, but I never started using it. It's difficult to hide under clothes, so I think I might wait until winter. It's such a pain to put on and take off. I should do it, but I don't know if I have the commitment it takes.

Amo, it is definitely expensive. For a full brazillian, it's $200 per session. I got underarms done as well, which is cheaper. Sometimes they offer special deals though, or give you discounts if you get more than one area done. Shop around. If the Alma laser works out well for me though, then you should look into that one, because it's supposedly a lot less painful than IPL. I'll bump this thread up in a few months after I've had a few sessions to give a more thorough review.
Old 06-08-2008, 08:00 AM

yasminv1 is on a distinguished road
So cool...keep us updated on your progress. Other than my BA, Lazer Hair Removal is the only other thing I want to do for myself. Seems so expensive! Looks like I better start saving my pennies!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:33 PM

mom24 is on a distinguished road
Can't wait to hear your progress. I would LOVE the laser hair removal, especially in the bikini area!
Old 06-10-2008, 08:22 PM
LDH

LDH will become famous soon enough
Last year I had laser hair removal on pretty much my whole body. Legs, full bikini, happy trail and armpits. It cost more than my BA (almost $8,000) and it took about 10 treatments. Each treatment lasted about one hour or more and I screamed through some of it, but so so so worth it. The most painful part of the body was the ankle and the top of the foot. (ok, I know it sounds like have really hairy ankles and feet) Some parts of the bikini were painful, but not the ones you would expect to be painful. One thing my laser person recommended was that I take Advil about one hour before the treatments to help with the discomfort and it did work. I have to go back for some touch ups soon because I can see some random hairs growing in spots.

One funny thing was that she told me not to eat any "gassy" foods the night before my treatments because if a person passes gas while they are getting their "area" lasered, it can cause a fire. Well, that's one way to remove the hair!
Old 06-10-2008, 11:57 PM

fairycakes is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Xiola View Post
I think she was either kidding around or she's been given some bad info. It takes a proper spark or flame to ignite and that is with some SERIOUS gas. Lasers do not spark, no matter how much it may feel like it. They probably just hope not to have a gassy patient for more obvious reasons. LOL
LOL!!

I want to get this done too. My BF says I'm crazy, but I'll do it whenever I have extra money.