Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Laser hair removal at Ideal Image

Old 09-14-2017, 12:39 AM

karen001 is on a distinguished road
Laser hair removal at Ideal Image

Anyone gone to Ideal Image for their laser hair removal?
I went for a consultation yesterday and I got a good impression of the place and staff. I'm getting my Brazilian, arms, legs and thighs done.
Looking for some experience with Ideal Image, and of course LHR in general.
Old 09-14-2017, 07:16 AM

MomofBoys2 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by karen001 View Post
Anyone gone to Ideal Image for their laser hair removal?
I went for a consultation yesterday and I got a good impression of the place and staff. I'm getting my Brazilian, arms, legs and thighs done.
Looking for some experience with Ideal Image, and of course LHR in general.
Hi there! I have been going to Ideal Image since 2008. I started with underarms, arms, and bikini then later added on legs (only up to knee). I signed on with them when they still offered lifetime touch ups which at this point is the only reason I still need to go. I have always found them to be a clean establishment and the staff very friendly. I have been told by other friends though that they are not the cheapest place to go so you may want to consider shopping around. I also had one friend who joined with them last year and because she knew I had lifetime touch ups bargained with them to get additional touch ups added to her package (since they no longer offer lifetime touch ups).
I found I only needed the numbing cream for my bikini area. FYI you can actually purchase numbing cream cheaper through Amazon rather than buying from their vendor. I will say from experience to follow the directions on the cream if you want it to work! Use the amount the directions tell you and apply within the timeframe it says or else you are wasting your time and the cream.
Also be warned the laser gets stronger with each visit and as it gets stronger it tends to be more painful. I used to wax myself so I was no stranger to pain but laser hair removal is way more intense than waxing. If they tell you it doesn't hurt that's a lie but I found it has been totally worth it! lol I compare it to childbirth in that the actual experience is painful but then you love the results so much you tend to fuzzy up the memory of how bad it hurt.
I hope this info helps!
Old 09-14-2017, 11:05 AM

Thank you!
How often do you have to go in for the touch ups? Do you get a lot of regrowth in between?
Old 09-14-2017, 02:24 PM

MomofBoys2 is on a distinguished road
I believe you are only allowed to go like every 8-10 weeks to allow time for hair to grow back. I'm guessing they explained but if they didn't, your hair grows in different cycles and that determines what layer of skin it is in and so you allow the hair that was in a different cycle to grow and they zap it...sorry that's not super technical but that's my basic understanding. I will say it's different for everyone the outcome they see from their first visit but with each visit you see better and better results. In the beginning, I was definitely ready and had plenty of hair to be zapped lasered each visit but eventually it was less and less. FYI if you have any blonde/clear hairs the laser won't get those. In my case, those hairs were really noticeable once I didn't have any dark hair covering it. So I still shave my legs like once a month or so to get those.
For me I saw great results after my first treatment that made the pain totally worth. A tip I learned is if you ask they have stress balls you can hold onto while they laser away.
Old 09-15-2017, 12:45 AM

Yes, I was told that I could go appx every 8th week. They also did a skin tone check on me and examined the color of my hair. I happened to turn out a bit darker tone than what's optimal, at least that was the impression I was left with. But pretty much all my hair is dark so I was given a go ahead.
I've heard it's rather painful and when I asked about this, they said their laser had cold air blowing out of the "mouthpiece" to minimize the pain. I don't know how effective this feature is..
Old 09-15-2017, 01:54 AM

Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura Gummies4Me has a spectacular aura
I went to Ideal Image 5 years ago, got a full brazilian and underarms... I WISH I could do my legs and arms but they are blonde

I will need touchups now after I get my BA I plan to get them, I'm starting to get sparse hairs back but I believe it's because I had an IUD inserted a year ago and since then the hairs started slowly coming. It's not near as much as it was before I ever had laser hair removal done. When I got mine, I paid for a package that included 9 treatments I believe, over the course of I think 18 months. It was explained to me due to hair cycles etc this would give me the most results. I am part of the lifetime touchup club too... I just pay I believe $50 per touchup, something like that.

I haven't had any touchups yet since I had it done, but as I mentioned I need one now but waiting until after BA and after I'm healed. I just shave now, but it's not much to shave.

I will not lie to you... the underarms weren't that painful, just a little sting... but the brazilian... during the first few treatments when the hair was still coarse... the pelvic bone part above the vagina (sorry don't know what to call it) hurt really bad, so did the area between the vagina and rectum as well as around the rectum. The more sensitive the area or the more coarse the hair... the more it will hurt. I didn't use any numbing agents. In the coarse or sensitive areas it feels like I was getting stung by a bee over and over (and I'm allergic to bees so that crap hurts).

Good luck, let us know how it goes.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:26 PM

mayflower1 is on a distinguished road
Went to Ideal Image today and got an offer at $180 per session for complete Brazilian..is that OK? I was hoping for more like 150..

mayflower1's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-28-2017, 02:05 AM

TheRedOrchid is on a distinguished road
I have not been to this place but I did have LHR Brazilian. 6 treatments total. I need to go back again because some hair has grown back but no where near what was once there. It’s very fine and sparse. I do recommend LHR to people who ask me about it. I also have blonde hair on my legs and wish I could have done them too! Oh yeah, it is painful in certain areas.

Red

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-30-2017, 11:06 AM

schtonk2017 is on a distinguished road
I am going for a LHR consult on Dec 13 for a Brazilian. I have dark hair and pale skin, so I'm hoping I'm a good candidate.

What is a normal price for a the initial Brazilian LHR? Sounds like $40-$50 an appt for touch-ups thereafter is normal?
Old 12-01-2017, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by mayflower1 View Post
Went to Ideal Image today and got an offer at $180 per session for complete Brazilian..is that OK? I was hoping for more like 150..
mayflower1 did they tell you how many session they think it will take?
Old 12-01-2017, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by TheRedOrchid View Post
I have not been to this place but I did have LHR Brazilian. 6 treatments total. I need to go back again because some hair has grown back but no where near what was once there. Itís very fine and sparse. I do recommend LHR to people who ask me about it. I also have blonde hair on my legs and wish I could have done them too! Oh yeah, it is painful in certain areas.

Red
Hi TheRedOrchid. . . so how much did they charge your for the 6 treatments? And when/if you go back, what will the price be?