Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

ANyone heard of lazer for strechmark removal?!

Old 07-25-2008, 07:56 AM

hotmama&twoboys is on a distinguished road
ANyone heard of lazer for strechmark removal?!

I hear of it on tv but I didn't know if it was something that they actually do yet. Does that make sense?! Because I don't have extra skin from having kids, just strechmarks. So I don't think I'd get surgery for just getting rid of lines. I can live with them but would rather with out! Anyone heard of or had this before? I know them may not completely get rid of them but at least make them a lot lighter? Thanks.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 AM

TammieS is on a distinguished road
I would love to know this too. My tummy is great - except for about 10 million stretch marks. So I can never show off the six pack i busted butt to get.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:29 AM

tiffany has a spectacular aura tiffany has a spectacular aura
I've heard of it, and I've spoken to the nurse where I get laser hair removal done. She pretty much told me not to waste my money because it doesn't make a big enough difference. I'm hoping the technology will improve in a few years.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:52 AM

SUNSEEKERS is on a distinguished road
I worked in derm for 10 years.... It's not really perfected yet... There are lasers out there that claim to work... They may be able to treat the red/purple like color.. but if the are depressed stretch marks... I have not seen or heard of anything that works on that... would love it if they would get something going!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to SUNSEEKERS For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2008, 09:38 AM

ChicFashionista will become famous soon enough
I've researched all these options to get rid of some stretch marks on my own hips/butt. Unfortunately, this laser technology is not up to par yet and really doesn't make much of a difference at all
Old 07-26-2008, 03:29 PM

lauren21 is on a distinguished road
Talking

I too have NO extra skin whatsoever after pregnancy..Very flat tummy but Stratch Marks on the side and hips...I have used alot of lotions and oils..and have seen improvement definitley alot lighter..But not completely disappearing!..Still wear a bikini though..It took me alot of hard work to lose the baby wieght..So I am not hiding my curves and flat stomache! Proud of my stretch marks! (not really..just stopped caring) lol...
Old 07-26-2008, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by lauren21 View Post
I too have NO extra skin whatsoever after pregnancy..Very flat tummy but Stratch Marks on the side and hips...I have used alot of lotions and oils..and have seen improvement definitley alot lighter..But not completely disappearing!..Still wear a bikini though..It took me alot of hard work to lose the baby wieght..So I am not hiding my curves and flat stomache! Proud of my stretch marks! (not really..just stopped caring) lol...
Gosh, I wish I could get to that point!!! I hate anyone seeing my stomach. With my ex-husband it obviously wasn't such a huge issue, and he didn't mind at all, but the thought of another man seeing that naked, scarred up tummy - AAAAAA. Of course, if we get to the point of having sex, I guess it shouldn't matter. lol
Old 07-26-2008, 06:14 PM

hotmama&twoboys is on a distinguished road
Oh well. Has anyone used Bio Oil or anything on them that helps? I just have left them alone. I just really want to wear a bikini next year and get a tan belly...I've been working so hard at loosing this last bit of baby weight and want to show it off! By next summer I'll totally be there, any suggestions?!
Old 07-26-2008, 06:55 PM

I just heard about the Bio-Oil earlier in another post, but I haven't used it.

I did start using the Palmer's Belly Butter and Avon Clinical for Stretch Marks - but only 3 days ago. lol

How about Strivectin? Has anyone used that?
Old 07-26-2008, 08:12 PM

lauren21 is on a distinguished road
Talking Tammie

Tammie your are super cute!! I'm SURE a guy will not ONLY be looking at your stomache, I bet he will be paying much more attention to OTHER areas..lol. Plus..you're beautiful!! And with that six pack PLEASE!

Oh by the way ladies! I read a survey on cosmopolitan magazine (i think cosmo) that most guys do not mind nor notice alot of stretch marks...while this may be tru or not...I am stcking with it!!! lol

Last edited by lauren21; 07-26-2008 at 08:15 PM. Reason: added
The Following User Says Thank You to lauren21 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-26-2008, 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by lauren21 View Post
Tammie your are super cute!! I'm SURE a guy will not ONLY be looking at your stomache, I bet he will be paying much more attention to OTHER areas..lol. Plus..you're beautiful!! And with that six pack PLEASE!

Oh by the way ladies! I read a survey on cosmopolitan magazine (i think cosmo) that most guys do not mind nor notice alot of stretch marks...while this may be tru or not...I am stcking with it!!! lol
Thank you so much. (hugs). ;-)

I think I'll stick with that survey too!!!!

Thanks again - I need a confidence booster
Old 07-26-2008, 08:42 PM

hotmom143 is on a distinguished road
well i had a few stretch marks on my left side and one on my right side after my kids and i used mederma.. it is alittle pricy but worth it because they lightened up ALOT!! plus when i tan, they get alot lighter and i can barely notice them now