Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Your C-Section Scar?

Old 01-22-2009, 11:00 AM

JustM.A.D. is on a distinguished road
Your C-Section Scar?

I have had 2 C-Sections and my scar is super ugly. It is dark and it is a raised scar (I'm black). I am planning on getting some scar light and scar guard. I was just wondering for those of you who had a c-section, does your scar look bad? I am concerned about when I get a TT will my scar heal like that. Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 12:45 PM

lOvy is on a distinguished road
Your TT will more than likely heal like your c-section. It's just how you scar. My husband is half black and he still scars really dark only being half.

Did you use anything on your csection scar?
If you use the products you mentioned it may lighten it considerably.
The Following User Says Thank You to lOvy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 12:50 PM

Juliemad is on a distinguished road
Hi I had and C-section and a Tummy Tuck and my scars are flat. I do have some areas on my tummy tuck scars on my left hip that looks a little brown and some areas a very white (skin color) you almost can't them. Make sure when you go and talk to your PS about your Tummy tuck - you show him your C-section scar. Your PS may have a good idea about your scaring. I have heard that some people tend to get the raised scarring. But I don't know what would help it.

Good Luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Juliemad For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
No, I've had 2 c-sections as well, last one was 2 years ago and the scar is just a thin white line. I would guess that a TT scar would look much like your c-section scar only longer.

Ask at your TT consult if there's anything you can do to prevent it from healing dark and raised that you didn't do w/ your c-section incision. I'm sure there are treatments that could improve it somewhat.

I wouldn't let it discourage you from getting a TT if you really want one. Either way you'll have a scar, and there's a chance the TT scar could heal better than your c-section did w/ some scar therapy!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 01-22-2009, 06:51 PM

JustM.A.D. is on a distinguished road
Dare: Yeah I think that I will definitely ask him what I can do about my scars. I don't want my breast scars to heal bad either...ewww! I can deal with a scar like that on my tummy more than my breasts. I was thinking about doing some silicon strips for my breast scars and my TT scars. We will see what happens. If I can get the scar light and the scar guard then I will make a picture diary of my scar fading to show if the products really work. I will post them somewhere on here for yall to see if you should buy it...

Thanks for all the replies!
The Following User Says Thank You to JustM.A.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 01-23-2009, 12:50 AM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
I would either do a crease incision or trans-ax so that the scar isn't right on the breast mound. Applying some constant pressure with micropore tape and then silicone strips should help. Hope your PS has good news for you!
Old 01-25-2009, 03:03 PM

Jenster520 is on a distinguished road
I also had a c-section and it healed half raised and half flat. Fairly dark but it faded alittle over time. When I had my TT, I had some that were raised and some were flat and white. My PS is on it and inject steroids to the raised sections and it has helped flatten it. I'm still in treatment and hopefully all will be flat in the future. Discuss with your PS your concerns and make sure that the PS can treat your scar if you are not happy with it. As for BA, I had a trans-ax and it is not raised at all. I can barely tell because PS cut right in the fold of the armpit. For anyone that look at it, it could have been a shaving scar. Best of luck to you. I also use the silicon sheets on the TT scar since surgery.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jenster520 For This Useful Post: