Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Laser Stretchmark Removal?????

Old 03-13-2009, 09:50 PM

funnyandsunny is on a distinguished road
Question Laser Stretchmark Removal?????

Hey Girls,

So I found out that there is hope in stretch mark removal! Laser!!!!! However, I wasn't able find any place that does it. Anyone have any information on it? Have you had it done? How effective is it? Do you know how much it costs?

I've noticed a lot of women on this forum are having the same issue with these awful lines so any help would be great! Thanks
Old 03-16-2009, 11:19 AM

BrookSmiles will become famous soon enough BrookSmiles will become famous soon enough
I don't know anything about it BUT it sounds like a dream come true! lol. I have stretch mark's right under my butt! Ugh. I have to wear a sarong (sp) with my bikini's.
Now that I know that it can be removed I will look around a little and if I come up with anything I will let you know. I might even ask my ps about it. (that would be SO cool)

Thanks for this post!
Old 03-16-2009, 12:23 PM

reignofterror is on a distinguished road
i have had this done on the new stretchmarks on my boobs since my BA. from what my dr. performing the treatments has said, this works best on new (pink/purple) stretch marks and there is a lot less hope for improvement once they are already white.

it is EXPENSIVE. my dr. charges $350 a session - that covers only the little inside (cleavage) area of each breast. when i asked her to include the outer part of my breast where i saw some new stretch marks forming, she said it would be $500 a treatment. UUUGH!!! and it's supposed to take 5 treatments.

i went for 2 treatments and saw some improvement. then i went to sephora to talk to them about using strivectin, because i seriously cannot justify spending another near $2000 on fixing my stretchmarks. the sephora lady pointed me in the direction of a newer product - something everybody has been clawing at each other over. it's by Murad - firm and tone serum for cellulite and stretch mark management. i've been using it for about 3 weeks and see marked improvement. it's $75 for a big bottle, so it weighs in at half the price of strivectin and a helluva lot less than the laser treatments.

so . . that's a lot of info, but that's my story!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to reignofterror For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2009, 10:43 PM

Zophie is on a distinguished road
I researched it a lot a while back and wasn't convinced it really works. I have old white ones on my thighs and I just think I'm doomed.
Old 03-19-2009, 07:58 AM

Mrs. Erickson is on a distinguished road
I read somewhere that the laser doesn't remove the stretch marks compleletly but helps to fade them.
Old 03-19-2009, 08:06 AM

jennc is on a distinguished road
I heard too that it just fades them better, doesn't completely remove them. My breasts are covered in old, white, deep stretch marks unfortunately. I think even if laser could fade the new ones, I doubt it could change the texture of the deep ones. My PS also offers laser at his office and never once suggested it for my old stretch marks, stating that nothing fully gets rid of them, and yes, that the laser works best on newer ones since it seeks out the darker color (a reason girls with blond hair have difficulties with laser hair removal!).
Old 03-19-2009, 02:40 PM

kittymeow is on a distinguished road
I have researched stretchmark removal extensively as I have a few on my lower abdomen. Apparently they are impossible to repair. Laser and other treatments can only improve but they will never go away... There is a new treatment called rio-blush where the skin is injected with something that regenerates it which is supposed to give the best results but still not completely remove them xx hope that helps x
Old 03-20-2009, 12:47 AM

CLech is on a distinguished road
I asked my dermatologist about using any of the creams that claim they will help improve the look of your SM's and he said none of those creams will help.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:24 PM

despair is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by reignofterror View Post
i have had this done on the new stretchmarks on my boobs since my BA. from what my dr. performing the treatments has said, this works best on new (pink/purple) stretch marks and there is a lot less hope for improvement once they are already white.

it is EXPENSIVE. my dr. charges $350 a session - that covers only the little inside (cleavage) area of each breast. when i asked her to include the outer part of my breast where i saw some new stretch marks forming, she said it would be $500 a treatment. UUUGH!!! and it's supposed to take 5 treatments.

i went for 2 treatments and saw some improvement. then i went to sephora to talk to them about using strivectin, because i seriously cannot justify spending another near $2000 on fixing my stretchmarks. the sephora lady pointed me in the direction of a newer product - something everybody has been clawing at each other over. it's by Murad - firm and tone serum for cellulite and stretch mark management. i've been using it for about 3 weeks and see marked improvement. it's $75 for a big bottle, so it weighs in at half the price of strivectin and a helluva lot less than the laser treatments.

so . . that's a lot of info, but that's my story!

OMG! *sad*...I have mine on my butts and a little on my legs =( and they're already white!! I remember when I was like 13-14years old they were still pink/purple...however I was too young to think about to get it done *sigh* Any hope still?