Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

stretch-marks

Old 09-09-2009, 04:28 PM

miss-kittie is on a distinguished road
stretch-marks

is there any thing that can be done for stretchmarks??
i have them all over my thighs and want to get rid of them
Old 09-09-2009, 09:45 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Laser resurfacing helps quite a bit. Nothing will ever make them totally disappear but laser resurfacing will make them less apparent. I use Fraxel on my stretch mark patients and have had great success with it. It takes a number of procedures, but it will lessen the appearance of them and can help tighten the skin a bit in the area (depends on the severity of the stretch marks)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2009, 11:52 AM

miss-kittie is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by justright View Post
Laser resurfacing helps quite a bit. Nothing will ever make them totally disappear but laser resurfacing will make them less apparent. I use Fraxel on my stretch mark patients and have had great success with it. It takes a number of procedures, but it will lessen the appearance of them and can help tighten the skin a bit in the area (depends on the severity of the stretch marks)
how much does that cost?
Old 09-10-2009, 11:56 AM

Dee-D is on a distinguished road
I have heard Bio-Oil helps to get rid of them?? Not sure how true this is... HTH xoxox
The Following User Says Thank You to Dee-D For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2009, 01:05 PM
*LoVe mY BoObIeS*

Meesh1986 is on a distinguished road
spray tanning works wonders for me!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Meesh1986 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-13-2009, 08:45 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
How many treatments you need depends on the serverity of the stretch marks and if they're new or old. Also the color of your skin (tan vs. fair) will affect how many treatments you can have due to the laser settings and propensity of hyperigmenting from the laser's heat.

Cost varies based on the size of the area treated. I've done small areas for about $200 and full abdomens for about $850 per treatment.

I've read a little about Bio-Oil but haven't looked into too deeply to determine if it could help or not. I'll see what I can find out.
Old 09-16-2009, 09:14 PM

honda_chick is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dee-D View Post
I have heard Bio-Oil helps to get rid of them?? Not sure how true this is... HTH xoxox
i have been usin it. helps alot
Old 09-17-2009, 12:28 AM

honda is on a distinguished road
Hey i definately have a LOT of research and personal experiences in this area! I became pregnant and was OBSESSED with the thought that i may get stretch marks so I did everything possible to avoid them. I found that using tepezcouite pomade (got mine for $16 only online) to prevent and a 1mm dermaroller ($40) to virtually erase them worked amazing! Tepezcohuite is widely used in Mexico for burn treatment and is really great for scars. If your stretch marks are older i would suggest getting the dermaroller or getting a really course sponge or loofah and using the pomade or even rosehip oil. both are full of skin food and will help reduce the appearance and help regenerate your tissues. rosehip only comes cheap at this one website i found otherwise its expensive as hell! here:
http://www.newdirectionsaromatics.co...in-p-1389.html
if you have any questions message me!
Old 09-19-2009, 10:41 PM

missplaced is on a distinguished road
Laser resurfacing & cosmetic tattooing
Old 09-29-2009, 04:42 PM

juliarchy is on a distinguished road
My sisterinlaw used this stuff while pregnant and got absolutely no stretchmarks:

http://www.revitol.com/

It says it works to get rid of them too - but I haven't had any personal experience with that. But I was amazed at her stomach with no stretchmarks. Crazy.
Old 10-10-2009, 10:55 AM
Hello!

fashion101 is on a distinguished road
Great thread ... I am going to get an derma roller.
Old 10-10-2009, 11:58 PM

unsure is on a distinguished road
that's amazing, alright. here's my question: do you know if she has stretch marks from puberty? the reason i ask is b/c some people just are destined to get them (like me and all my sisters who got them on our hips and breasts during puberty).
Old 10-11-2009, 12:31 AM

Vvegas is on a distinguished road
Someone told me that derma rolling works..I havrent tried it yet though..But I want to look into it... They said it was on ebay too...

There post on here about it
Old 07-22-2010, 03:04 PM

annalea is on a distinguished road
I have been using a dermaroller for a few months. It helps a little, but according to my research it will take a while to see very strong results. There is a doctor in Beverley Hills, Dr. Ourian, who offers a procedure called CoolBeam. One of the few treatments that will work for older, white stretch marks. He is at the Epione Center, Here is the link.
http://www.epione.com/coolbeam. There some good pictures on the site. I want to get this done soon. Pricey but would be worth it if you saved. ; )
Old 08-07-2010, 11:00 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
http://www.justbreastimplants.com/fo...rs-anyone.html

Heres my story for what helped me with my stretch marks.
Im so happy with my results. I also use bio oil, and vitamin e oil.
Goodluck.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:23 PM

sheay17 is on a distinguished road
I am currently using the dermaroller. I stopped cause i read that using retin a on newer stretchies can help. They are almost a year old but i think that using the dermaroller (which creates small holes in the skin to help absorb topicals up to 1000 times better) along with retin a ( which can shrink stretchies making them smaller in width and length) will help alot. I am also working out to tighten my sin aroung my stomach and that helps alot also... I guess i really can't complain cause you can barely see them and they are a little lighter than my skin, not the purple ones... if this doesnt work i will look into laser
Old 09-02-2010, 05:31 PM

GodsBeauty is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by miss-kittie View Post
is there any thing that can be done for stretchmarks??
i have them all over my thighs and want to get rid of them
I heard rubbing lemon like twice a day for a while will fade stretch marks

I've also used Ambi producks to fade stretch marks from puberty on my hips
(I believe its like under $10)

I also heard bio oil but I have not personally used it
Old 09-23-2010, 08:12 PM

Ann16 is on a distinguished road
VictoriaC
Do you feel that Fraxel worked? I read your posts, an it sounds like your happy wiht your results, but I have to ask! Mine aren't dark, they blend perfectly into my skin, but you can see them bc of the texture. And boy can you feel them! Does the fraxel help with this?
Old 09-24-2010, 07:36 PM

snowbell is on a distinguished road
I share your problem. Mine is so bad that I have not worn a bathing suit since i was 14 years old; that's when they started appearing. I have them frommy flanks down to my knees. However the worst is the butt and top back part of my thigh. It's now so bad that my husband, when he first saw me naked, though I had a some skin disorder. The worst part is I'm not overweight and never have been. Damn puberty!

I'm always searching for the "cure" for stretch marks. I have heard there is a laser out there that treats them, but it's pricey. I think the rate was $2000 per treatment area and you'd need between 2-6 treatments. Youtube it. I'm currently saving up for it.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:49 PM

just for me is on a distinguished road
I bought some Bio Oil last night and I'm going to try it on my knee surgery scars. It requires dedication though, it says twice a day for at least 3 months. We'll see if I can keep that up.