Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Laser Hair Removal last week - OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Reply Subscribe
Old 10-29-2009, 09:43 PM

taydev is on a distinguished road
whats the general price for full brazilian laser hair removal. anyone? im seriously considering this, so tired of shaving
Old 10-29-2009, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by XLoveX View Post
I really want to get this done but I heard a rumor that it doesnt work that well on dark skinned women with thick hair I am still willing to try and hopefully get a good outcome!

best of luck with yours!!!!!
NO! NO! NO! that is NOT what i want 2 hear! lol
Old 10-31-2009, 11:32 PM
I dont need your world to validate me...

msmisty is just really nice msmisty is just really nice msmisty is just really nice msmisty is just really nice
Originally Posted by taydev View Post
whats the general price for full brazilian laser hair removal. anyone? im seriously considering this, so tired of shaving
i paid 1200 for 8 sessions for a full brazilian. i live in the bay area though and everything here is pretty pricey...
The Following User Says Thank You to msmisty For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2009, 06:43 PM

BlueOrchid is on a distinguished road
why is it that we are more sensitive around our period time?? I was sooo sensitive on my upper legs when usually it only hurt around my ankles! It hurt so bad Lol
Old 11-27-2009, 09:48 PM

fromb2c is on a distinguished road
Update - it was WORTH IT!!!

Hi Ladies,

So far it's been seven weeks since the Yag and I have noticed a HUGE decrease already in hair on my legs and underarms. My underarms have wispy hair now already. Bikini - somewhat, neck - very much, lip - yes and chin - hardly any.

But sooooooo worth it. So for all those out there wondering if the pain is worth the gain, for me it has been with just one session. I know they say it takes at least 3 or 4 sessions to see a difference. Not for me. I started with black, thick, coarse hair and LOTS of it.

Not looking forward to the pain again, but very excited about the potential results!

The Following User Says Thank You to fromb2c For This Useful Post:
Old 11-28-2009, 02:21 AM
I dont need your world to validate me...

msmisty is just really nice msmisty is just really nice msmisty is just really nice msmisty is just really nice
Originally Posted by justright View Post
I think armpits hurt the most. .
i havent had my armpits but i am getting a full brazilian and let me tell ya, its hard for me to imagine any other area being as painful as that one...LOL

i've had treatments and it STILL hurts every time...the good news is that i have significantly decreased in hair growth!
Old 12-01-2009, 01:08 PM
Hello!

fashion101 is on a distinguished road
For me the first time it took about 2 weeks for the hair to fall out. It took about 3 weeks to came back. I have had 8 treatments now and it still hurts each time (sorry).
Old 12-03-2009, 04:31 PM

Yes!!!

Went in for my 2nd treatment. I have already noticed a drastic difference after the first one. She turned up the laser today and it still hurt but NOTHING like last time. The chin, underarms, and bikini were still the most sensitive areas. There were two patches on my legs she missed the first time. I have VERY red skin there right now - the intensity of the laser being set up higher, probably. My legs are red and patchy, like someone plucked a chicken

Soooooooo... for all you ladies out there who have dark, super thick, coarse hair like I did, IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!

I even did my arms today as well. I didn't even feel my arms (but I've been waxing them for years). The spa I went to does 1/2 price if you donate to a listed charity on their site, or give 10 hours of volunteer time. Awesome place, highly recommend them and the technician who lasered me. I'd list the names of both but I'm not sure about the board policies. You can PM me if you live in the triangle area and would like to know.

I hope everyone has as good an experience as I have had.

Last edited by fromb2c; 12-03-2009 at 04:39 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-03-2009, 05:52 PM

jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by fromb2c View Post
Went in for my 2nd treatment. I have already noticed a drastic difference after the first one. She turned up the laser today and it still hurt but NOTHING like last time. The chin, underarms, and bikini were still the most sensitive areas. There were two patches on my legs she missed the first time. I have VERY red skin there right now - the intensity of the laser being set up higher, probably. My legs are red and patchy, like someone plucked a chicken

Soooooooo... for all you ladies out there who have dark, super thick, coarse hair like I did, IT IS SO WORTH IT!!!

I even did my arms today as well. I didn't even feel my arms (but I've been waxing them for years). The spa I went to does 1/2 price if you donate to a listed charity on their site, or give 10 hours of volunteer time. Awesome place, highly recommend them and the technician who lasered me. I'd list the names of both but I'm not sure about the board policies. You can PM me if you live in the triangle area and would like to know.

I hope everyone has as good an experience as I have had.
Thank you for this update, it gives me hope!! One day in the future I'm sure I'll get this procedure done. Hopefully by the time I do it they come up with a less painful method.

So, I've heard that laser treatments like these can leave your skin sensitive to the sun and if you are exposed to the sun you can get permanent dark spots. Is this true? Or rumor? Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this? Thanks.
Old 12-03-2009, 06:04 PM

Sooo....do they laser your butt crack too? Ive never had any laser treatments, not even a full brazilian wax yet. i jus shave and i cant stand it any longer lol.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by taydev View Post
Sooo....do they laser your butt crack too? Ive never had any laser treatments, not even a full brazilian wax yet. i jus shave and i cant stand it any longer lol.
They'll laser just about anything you want
Old 12-05-2009, 04:25 PM

Sun exposure

I was told no sun exposure 2 weeks prior or after. That's why I started in the fall, and will continue through winter. The friend that told me about her experience bought a lifetime package. After four sessions she had 90% hair reduction and realized she could have come out cheaper by paying per session. I suppose it has to do w/the type of hair you have and skin pigment.

Originally Posted by jeremysgirl1984 View Post
Thank you for this update, it gives me hope!! One day in the future I'm sure I'll get this procedure done. Hopefully by the time I do it they come up with a less painful method.

So, I've heard that laser treatments like these can leave your skin sensitive to the sun and if you are exposed to the sun you can get permanent dark spots. Is this true? Or rumor? Anyone have any knowledge or experience with this? Thanks.
Old 12-05-2009, 04:46 PM

jenkay is on a distinguished road
i really have been wanting to get my upper lip and chin done, i could really grow a goatee if i wanted to

i just hate PAIN!
Old 12-05-2009, 04:54 PM

lillie82 is on a distinguished road
I had it done on my bikini area and it did not work for me : (
the hair gre back thinner during the treatment but it all came back after and it seemed to have bleached my skin in that area. it's been 5 years and it still looks a bit lighter compared to the rest of my body. I also thought it was very painful!
Old 12-06-2009, 05:33 PM

jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lillie82 View Post
I had it done on my bikini area and it did not work for me : (
the hair gre back thinner during the treatment but it all came back after and it seemed to have bleached my skin in that area. it's been 5 years and it still looks a bit lighter compared to the rest of my body. I also thought it was very painful!
How many treatments did you go through? And would you say you have light, medium, or dark skin? I'm olive skin toned and it's light skinned in the winter and I get dark tan in the summer without trying. I'm scared of the skin discoloration and just curious about your details. Thanks.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:55 PM

Katpm is on a distinguished road
The first time I went I thought they were using a blow torch on my bikini line. The next time I went there was a new more experienced lady and it didn't hurt at all! She said a lot of people use the laser on the wrong setting! I loooooovvvvvee not having to shave my bikini line

Katpm's plastic surgeon is T.Y. Steven Ip, M.D.,F.A.C.S.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-12-2009, 11:39 AM
that's what she said

txteacher is on a distinguished road
I only did my underarms and bikini. I didn't use anything the first treatment and it wasn't that bad IMO. The next treatments they up the laser intensity so I used numbing cream, i think Z-caine or something? It def. helped, but I could still feel it.

I think where the hair is more concentrated it hurts more, my underarms were easy to have done, no pain, but certain areas on my bikini hurt like heck, and I think I handle pain well. For what it's worth, I got a tattoo on my rib cage, and i think the laser hair removal on my bikini hurt more than the tattoo.

My hair started falling out after the first treament and it was easy to pull out on my own. I did 7 treatments and I still have hair, though it is much thinner and more sparse. I can just tweeze what underarm hair I have left and they look great. It makes me mad I spent all the money and still have hair, but I lost interest...I'm going to ask my PS how his laser removal works compared to the place I went to and if I could get rid of the hair I have left easily.
Old 03-17-2010, 11:38 AM

greeneyes is on a distinguished road
I've been getting laser hair removal in the bikini area and underarm area. So far, has been working pretty well. We will see what happens long term. My technician told me that it doesn't work on gray hair or blond hair, only dark hair. So for anyone waiting to get it done, do it before you turn gray, otherwise it won't work .
Old 03-17-2010, 02:10 PM

Little Mo is on a distinguished road
I have a full Brazilian and had 5 full treatments and a few spot treatments. I have like 15 hairs left that I shave or pluck. My arm pits have been done 3 times and I still need to shave about every 3 days. I did my legs twice but had very little hair to start with. I only shave my legs like every two weeks now. I am sure it helped that I am very pale with dark hair.

One thing I learned is that the amount of caffeine you have in your system can really change the amount of pain you have. My laser center paperwork said no caffeine but it sounded like crap to me. Once I had a Red Bull about 2 hours before a treatment and holy cow was the pain worse. I usually would say it is about the same as a rubber band being snapped on you. After the Red Bull it was like 10X worse.

I am really happy with the results I got and would do it again with out a second thought.
Old 03-18-2010, 04:45 AM

brooklyn123 is on a distinguished road
I just had my 2nd treatment done on my underarms and it hurt worse than the first time but nothing awful. I purchased a 6 treatment package and if I need a 7th/8th they are half price and any more than that are free. I am getting ready to start on my full leg and brazilian - I am sick of shaving and waxing. I have resigned myself to these two truths: Beauty is expensive and beauty is painful - but all worth it!!!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Reply Subscribe