Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree5Likes

Cellulite problems

Reply Subscribe
Old 01-02-2010, 09:53 AM

T-bone is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Cellulite problems

Do you know anything I can do to make the cellulite on my butt go away?

It has been on my butt since I was 16 and I have ever since worked out, been eating healthy, drinking water, tried some peeling products, cellulite cream and what not but nothing is helping.. So is there something a surgery could help me with?

I would really appreciate it if you knew anything I could do to get rid of this once and for all!

Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to T-bone For This Useful Post:
Old 01-02-2010, 09:57 AM

hubbyskitty75 is on a distinguished road
If you go to a spa or a plastic surgeon hey have many injectables that can melt it away. Cellulite is always going to be present. It just depends on how thick your skin is.
The Following User Says Thank You to hubbyskitty75 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 02:16 PM

cali74 is on a distinguished road
Tonalin - also known as CLA is supposed to work (I think you are supposed to take 6000 mg a day for it to really work) I take it from time to time and my skins softer from it and it did reduce cellulite a bit.

pinkfire78 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to cali74 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 02:43 PM

GYMBRAT is on a distinguished road
You have to have very low body fat in order for it to go away between 10-15% and lower.
Old 01-03-2010, 03:18 PM

Goldiloks is on a distinguished road
Has anyone tried Velashape or Velasmooth for cellulite?

Unfortunately cellulite is a very common problem for women. Possibly somehow linked to estrogen which may explain why it is not an issue for men. It also may explain why women may develop cellulite during periods of hormonal change: pregnancy, fertililty therapy, menaupause, etc.

It occurs in women with all body types: underweight, overweight, high body fat and even low body fat. It tends to worsen with age. Collagen loosens and fat bulges begin to show through the skin. I have seen many heavy women with high body fat content have no visible cellulite and thin women with alot of cellulite.

Regardless, of the cause, it is unsightly and embarrassing. Despite a healthy diet, cardio and weight bearing exercise it still persists!!

I have heard that endermologie which involves deep tissue massage to break up the fat is very popular. I have also been researching Velashape and Velasmooth. Has anyone tried these? did it work??

joyful likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Goldiloks For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 03:25 PM

Kiwi77 will become famous soon enough
There is no "cure" for cellulite, unfortunately. It's hereditary. Most women have it whether u excercise or not, or whether you're skinny or chunky. Just try to tone the areas. Some women say keeping a base tan helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.

Jennie and joyful like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kiwi77 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 04:52 PM

Hmvb01 is on a distinguished road
I think all those treatments, like Velashape, etc., are supposed to work while you are using them. Once you stop, it comes back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Hmvb01 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Christmas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Kiwi77 View Post
There is no "cure" for cellulite, unfortunately. It's hereditary. Most women have it whether u excercise or not, or whether you're skinny or chunky. Just try to tone the areas. Some women say keeping a base tan helps reduce the appearance of cellulite.
I totally agree with what Kiwi said. A lot of it is genetics.
Old 01-03-2010, 05:06 PM

jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough jsgirl4 will become famous soon enough
Cellulite is from the way fat sets under the skin. If you massage your butt for 5 min. every day the fat will break down into smaller groups of fat that will smooth out the cellulite appearance. It sounds silly, but you can use a rollingpin on the back of your legs and butt to make it go away!! Can't hurt to try. A family member of mine who was a "dancer" for over 10 years said she and the other dancers did this and it worked great!!
The Following User Says Thank You to jsgirl4 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2010, 05:18 PM
mprs

mprs will become famous soon enough
When I was a teenager they used to have an exercise place called "Elaine Powers", with a bunch of machines same as today's work-out places. But it had this "Roller Machine" which I loved!!! It was a bunch of rollers connected, and you sat on it while it rolled! You sat on your butt part of the time, and your thighs part of the time. It was great for Cellulite and trimming that area! I just don't know why they don't have these at any gyms today. They worked great! If I could just get ahold of an old one from that gym, I would be on it daily!
The Following User Says Thank You to mprs For This Useful Post:
Old 01-05-2010, 04:43 AM

Cider-n-cats will become famous soon enough Cider-n-cats will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by T-bone View Post
Do you know anything I can do to make the cellulite on my butt go away?

It has been on my butt since I was 16 and I have ever since worked out, been eating healthy, drinking water, tried some peeling products, cellulite cream and what not but nothing is helping.. So is there something a surgery could help me with?

I would really appreciate it if you knew anything I could do to get rid of this once and for all!

Thanks!
Just saying whats been said. It is genetic. For me, I don't lose cellulite completely til I reach 13% bodyfat. That is extremely hard for me to maintain so it doesn't happen often.

Eating healthy, staying hydrated, and having a tan help reduce the appearance though.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Cider-n-cats For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2010, 07:23 PM

blackviolet has a spectacular aura blackviolet has a spectacular aura blackviolet has a spectacular aura
I have cellulite on my butt and thighs. It's awful! Why won't lipo help?
The Following User Says Thank You to blackviolet For This Useful Post:
Old 01-16-2010, 06:04 PM

timeforchange is on a distinguished road
I exercise regularly 6x a week for 1.5 hours--elliptical, treadmill, free weights, and Vinyasa Yoga (daily). I am 5'6" and usually weight between 115-120lbs. No matter how much weight, exercise, etc. I do, I still have cellulite.

So, I'm devising a game plan for now and am hoping to see a noticeable difference.

--Maintain a good tan via Mystic and Sunless tanners.
--Velasmooth (?)
--Try adding a Bar class and a Spinning class to the mix

I wish there was a magical treatment or pill. But, I don't think that's the case. So, if anyone has any suggestions please post!
Old 01-17-2010, 02:38 PM

yasminv1 is on a distinguished road
Cellulite sucks. I have always been super thin..all my life. I have always had a low body fat, no higher than 15% and I still have some dimples on my butt, thighs and back of legs. Luckily they are not that bad but there nonetheless. I realized it would never go away when I lost a ton of weight 5 years ago and weighed 91 pounds. The darn cellulite wasn't too bad looking but was still there!! Perhaps some day they will find a cure. In the meantime the best thing to do is eat clean, exercise, keep body fat low and massage like crazy.
The Following User Says Thank You to yasminv1 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2013, 08:43 PM

Jessirabbit is on a distinguished road
I hate my cellulite too ... I have it On my jlo booty that I otherwise love and my thighs ( back) I love my body but that bloody cellulite is a killer !! Please baby Jesus help me find a cure I'm prone to it really ,when I was pregnant I even had it on my arms!
Old 10-28-2014, 09:21 PM

jaelovely is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jsgirl4 View Post
Cellulite is from the way fat sets under the skin. If you massage your butt for 5 min. every day the fat will break down into smaller groups of fat that will smooth out the cellulite appearance. It sounds silly, but you can use a rollingpin on the back of your legs and butt to make it go away!! Can't hurt to try. A family member of mine who was a "dancer" for over 10 years said she and the other dancers did this and it worked great!!
instead of a rolling pin I'm wondering if a foam roller would work just as well. It's great for myofasical release but I never thought of it possible improving cellulite.
Old 11-18-2014, 07:34 PM

khammy is on a distinguished road
Your fat cells either get bigger or smaller. It comes down to genetics, hormones and diet. It can be reduced if you clean up your diet. This is my experience anyway. I wouldn't get sucked into all those creams etc. as I don't think they work. I do believe in dry brushing your skin, I think that is suppose to help with blood flow. Great for getting rid of dry skin as well.
Old 01-24-2015, 08:29 PM

stardustlover is on a distinguished road
I find the more water I drink, the less lumpy the back of my thighs look. It drives me crazy, I cry a lot because of it. I so wish there was a sure fix
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 PM

Neonny is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jaelovely View Post
instead of a rolling pin I'm wondering if a foam roller would work just as well. It's great for myofasical release but I never thought of it possible improving cellulite.
Foam rolling works well for me. I have done it over a year and I can see results. It takes time but it's worth it. And another thing that helps a lot it dry brushing. I do it daily and it seems to help, my skin is softer and smoother. But of course cellulite never goes away 100%, everyone has it. But doing foam rolling and dry brushing, at least mine in not on my butt anymore, just little on the sides and back of my legs.

Shadow16 likes this.
Old 03-06-2015, 05:35 AM

HotMagenta will become famous soon enough HotMagenta will become famous soon enough
Unfortunately its mostly genetic/the make up of your skin... because even a lot of fitness models who are on strict diet/exercise regimens still have a bit of cellulite on the back of their leg/butts. Jillian Michaels even speaks out about her own cellulite a lot. Its a lot to do with lighting too... lol...like in some lights you will see that it is more obvious and in others not as bad.
The best you can do is keep healthy by working out/lifting weights and eating right/drinking enough water...but other then that, all those creams/cellulite-reducing promises are pretty much BS. Fake tan can make the appearance look not as bad.
You just cant let it get you down too much. Almost every female has a bit of cellulite, its normal for women - everything to do with your genetic makeup. I know overweight women without cellulite and thin women with cellulite...people like to think its a weight thing but it isnt...

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Reply Subscribe