Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By AFaerie
  • 1 Post By neednewones

Surgically removing navel piercing scar

Old 01-05-2010, 11:21 PM

Sindaura is on a distinguished road
Question Surgically removing navel piercing scar

I am wondering if anyone has done anything similar and what their results were. I cannot find anything online.

I pierced my belly button very young, think I was 12 or 13. Anyway, I took it out during my pregnancy. Towards the end of my pregnancy I must have got an ingrown hair or something between the top (entrance point) and the bottom (exit hole) of my piercing. So it got a bit of a stretch mark effect to it and left a scar in that area.

Something like this:
)~(

The inverted parenthesis marks being the piercing and the squiggle the scar. So I am thinking about having the area excised during my BA, I realize I will still have a scar. However, it will be a straight scar. Just FYI the piercing is still open, I choose not to use it though because I really don't show my belly due to the look of my navel. Also, I do not plan to have more children.

I am wondering if anyone has done anything like this? Had the holes or scars from a piercing removed?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:57 AM

Wink Just a little...

I hope there is someone out there, who can tell me something.

Old 01-08-2010, 06:56 AM

littlelady is on a distinguished road
I have a belly piercing that I've had for 6 years and I took out the jewelry so it can close up because it migrated very close to the surface and I didn't want it to rip my skin. I did ask my ps about it and he said that I would just be swapping a scar for a different scar. That's a difficult area. Mine is barely noticeable so I'm leaving it alone. Hope this helps you.
The Following User Says Thank You to littlelady For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2010, 07:33 AM

Originally Posted by littlelady View Post
I have a belly piercing that I've had for 6 years and I took out the jewelry so it can close up because it migrated very close to the surface and I didn't want it to rip my skin. I did ask my ps about it and he said that I would just be swapping a scar for a different scar. That's a difficult area. Mine is barely noticeable so I'm leaving it alone. Hope this helps you.
Thanks for replying.

Yea I knew it would be a trade off. Because of the stretch mark though, I am thinking a PS can leave a better looking scar than what I have now.

I guess it is encouraging to see these ladies who have such inconspicuous incision scars from their BA's.
Old 01-08-2010, 08:01 AM

Catscratch is on a distinguished road
I have a similar scar and my skin is puckered in that area as well. Also my entrance hole to the piercing is darker due to the scar tissue. I had my navel pierced 3 seperate times, one time it got stuck on clothing and tore a little, other times due to pregnancy. I've just learned to except it. It sucks, but we can't be perfect I guess.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Catscratch For This Useful Post:
Old 01-08-2010, 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by Catscratch View Post
It sucks, but we can't be perfect I guess.
Aahh, if only....lol.
Old 01-13-2010, 11:07 PM

zen33 is on a distinguished road
i had 2 navel piercings; one on the top of the navel, one on the bottom. Of course, now that I'm as old as I am, I wish I hadn't done it and I took them both out. Now I have 4 holes that will likely never close. Good goin', zen33!
The Following User Says Thank You to zen33 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-13-2010, 11:47 PM

AFaerie is on a distinguished road
Is it possible a surgeon could do a crescent type cut above the navel so the scar either ends up inside or bordering the curve of the navel (does that make sense)? I'm thinking about a crescent lift for your bellybutton, lol!

AllieCat likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to AFaerie For This Useful Post:
Old 01-14-2010, 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by zen33 View Post
i had 2 navel piercings; one on the top of the navel, one on the bottom. Of course, now that I'm as old as I am, I wish I hadn't done it and I took them both out. Now I have 4 holes that will likely never close. Good goin', zen33!
I love that look! I am glad I never did with the issue I have now though....lol. Probably would be fine if I hadn't gotten that poorly timed ingrown hair....lmao.
Old 01-14-2010, 02:17 AM

Originally Posted by AFaerie View Post
Is it possible a surgeon could do a crescent type cut above the navel so the scar either ends up inside or bordering the curve of the navel (does that make sense)? I'm thinking about a crescent lift for your bellybutton, lol!

Hmm, research time. Thanks for the suggestion, never thought of anything like that. It does sound weird, huh?

I appreciate the idea though, sometimes you gotta be creative....lol.

Last edited by Sindaura; 01-14-2010 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Forgot to cross my "T"
Old 01-19-2010, 03:07 PM

ellie_butterfly is on a distinguished road
omg! i have the same thing only mine looks like a huge "V" it split 2 ways during my pregnancy so i have two big ugly stretchmarks coming off the hole where it was pierced! so wish there was something i could do about it!
The Following User Says Thank You to ellie_butterfly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-26-2010, 06:51 PM
what's that ouchie lumpy bumpy?

neednewones will become famous soon enough
Mine has a tiny stretch mark on it and I was thinking of just having it repierced now I am thinking maybe leave it alone hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Bella88 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to neednewones For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2013, 10:07 AM

Aubreezmomma has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I

Have the same problem I have my top and my bottom pierced so I'm trying to see photos of how the after scar would look like but I can't find any I'm debating on if I should do both holes or just fix one if the scar isn't too bad then ill do both
Old 02-08-2013, 10:20 AM
Accountants love boobies too ;)

Bella88 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Sindaura View Post
I am wondering if anyone has done anything similar and what their results were. I cannot find anything online.

I pierced my belly button very young, think I was 12 or 13. Anyway, I took it out during my pregnancy. Towards the end of my pregnancy I must have got an ingrown hair or something between the top (entrance point) and the bottom (exit hole) of my piercing. So it got a bit of a stretch mark effect to it and left a scar in that area.

Something like this:
)~(

The inverted parenthesis marks being the piercing and the squiggle the scar. So I am thinking about having the area excised during my BA, I realize I will still have a scar. However, it will be a straight scar. Just FYI the piercing is still open, I choose not to use it though because I really don't show my belly due to the look of my navel. Also, I do not plan to have more children.

I am wondering if anyone has done anything like this? Had the holes or scars from a piercing removed?

I have this exact problem, and I have my appointment to go see this PS in NY today so we'll see what he says. We are however expecting a really bad snow storm so I dont even know if I'll make it I was thinking about may be piercing it again but that would only be a temporary fix ugh...lol

I really wish I had never done that. I am taking a pic of how ugly it looks and show it to my DD for the day she tells me she wants one lol

Here's his page
http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery....mbilicoplasty/

what do you guys think?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:47 AM

Chive is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Bella88 View Post
I have this exact problem, and I have my appointment to go see this PS in NY today so we'll see what he says. We are however expecting a really bad snow storm so I dont even know if I'll make it I was thinking about may be piercing it again but that would only be a temporary fix ugh...lol

I really wish I had never done that. I am taking a pic of how ugly it looks and show it to my DD for the day she tells me she wants one lol

Here's his page
http://www.drschulmanplasticsurgery....mbilicoplasty/

what do you guys think?
wow he has some great results!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 06:59 PM

browneyes2593 is on a distinguished road
I also have a scar from my belly ring that got yanked out (chain hooked onto pants)
Old 03-05-2013, 02:23 AM

Jaddles is on a distinguished road
Ouch Browneyes, that sounds painful!
Old 03-08-2013, 10:39 AM
Working as an LVN and in School Pursuing my RN

breastbeauty will become famous soon enough
Yes, I have! You may have already seem it, sorry if it's a repeat: check out the belly button lift thread. :O)
Old 03-08-2013, 11:00 AM

Merrygold is on a distinguished road
I had my nipples pierced, and now there are holes (pock marks) to either side, they are fading ever so slowly.. Been about 6 years now some things we do... I wanted belly button done... Then at least I'd match .lol
Old 03-08-2013, 11:12 AM

Kiwi77 will become famous soon enough
My BB piercing migrated too close to the surface and never healed properly. I took it out after only having it 3-4 months. Left me with a small dot scar which has since faded. However, I'm still mad at myself for scarring my beautiful new BB from my TT. Grrrr