Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Keloid Scars

Old 03-08-2010, 05:44 PM

ChristeenaMarie is on a distinguished road
Keloid Scars

Has anyone had scar revision surgery for Keliod scars? I am thinking of having my C-section scar "corrected" while i'm getting my BA since the doctor will only charge his fee and nothing extra. I am worried that I will spend the extra $500.00 and end up keliod scarring again...Anyone out there any advice?
Old 03-09-2010, 09:10 AM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
if you keloid, you'll probably do it again. Sometimes keeping paper tape on the incisions until they're FULLY can prevent some of that or the doc can inject small doses of steroids along the incision line but neither treatment is a guarantee to prevent them.

Sorry.
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2010, 01:25 PM

travelnurse is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down

I keloid scar as well, I had a revision surgery once... This was followed by wearing a silicone patch for 3 months and getting steroid injections once a week for 3 months into the scar.

I now have a keloid 5 times larger than the one I started with.

travelnurse's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-19-2012, 09:51 AM

lolacinco is on a distinguished road
I have a few keloid scars in my body!! Got steroid injections in all of them.

The oldest one being 6 years old... is not completely flat and you can still see it but doesn't itch and hasn't itched for years now. I believe it went completely flat at around year 4.

the other two.. one is not so bad but the other one is HUGE. It's from a tattoo removal gone bad. It's been almost 4 years now and it's still raised but much less than before and it itches so badly still!!! I'm going to go to a PS sometime this year to see if I can get this fixed or taken out...