Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Getting tattoos over a scar

Old 03-15-2010, 02:11 PM

Star24 is on a distinguished road
Getting tattoos over a scar

Was wondering if anyone has gotten a tattoo to cover up a scar/on a scar. If so, how old was the scar when you got the tatto and how does it look? If you have pics, that would be great : )
Old 03-16-2010, 03:13 PM

Sammie_ is on a distinguished road
I too looked into it aftr my mini TT....... the ones I saw were long, and although pretty you could tell there was a scar underneath so defeated the object. However I did see make-up tattoo over a TT scar, that was impressive, expensive but impressive! I will consider it if my scar does not fade to a thin white line. (must be 12-18 mnths PO)

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 03-16-2010, 06:22 PM

Violetb is on a distinguished road
I got two shifty eyes over two small scars that I had from a surgery. I don't know that you can see the eyes in any of my pictures. I cant at all tell theres a scar under them. I friends of mine was severly burned on his arm as a child and he got a full sleeve to cover it. It is kinda lumpy but the colors are super bright and it looks great. i would talk to your tattoo artist I'm sure they could give you a better idea of the results youll get. In both he and my cases our scars were several years old..
Old 03-16-2010, 07:22 PM

picksydusst82 will become famous soon enough
DH said that it can help "mask" the scar depending on what kind of scar it is; however, you can't do a lot of tiny details generally over it.

picksydusst82's plastic surgeon is Alan N. Larsen M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE