Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Varicose vein treatment with saline solution

Old 03-30-2007, 09:09 AM

dreanene is on a distinguished road
Varicose vein treatment with saline solution

I was just told that while you are under you can ask to have (if you have any) varicose veins treated, my friend said that they inject the area with saline solution and they will dissapear. Is this true and has anyone had this done?? I am anxiously waiting for my doctors office to open so I can ask
Old 04-01-2007, 09:12 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
I've never heard of saline being used, I really doubt it'd make a much of a difference... I know they can inject the veins with a special foam-like filler which will keep the circulation off the vein and make it die though.
Old 04-01-2007, 11:02 AM
Ivy
President of the Universe

Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all Ivy is a name known to all
Originally Posted by dreanene View Post
I was just told that while you are under you can ask to have (if you have any) varicose veins treated, my friend said that they inject the area with saline solution and they will dissapear. Is this true and has anyone had this done?? I am anxiously waiting for my doctors office to open so I can ask
Yes, saline solution can be used as an injectable to treat varicose veins. I have a friend that did this and it worked well for her. Some times it take several times of doing it before you see results and the results take a while, it's not an immediate fix (you see the results over a few weeks). My friend also said that it stings and burns while being injected. Let us know what your PS says and if you decide to have it done.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:46 AM
Ina

Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light Ina is a glorious beacon of light
Hmm, so they probably use saline that's stronger than body strength then? Which would break the cell walls around the injection site. Clever!
Old 04-03-2007, 11:02 AM

dfede425 is on a distinguished road
I have done this before with spider veins, so I can say it is very good, also very expensive, I asked my ps's office before the BA if they did this but they did not. There aren't many doctors who specialize in scherlotherapy here in the US, I have read that In europe it is very popular.