Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Laser Hair Removal

Old 04-03-2007, 07:47 PM

amyh is on a distinguished road
Laser Hair Removal

I know there have been people posting questions on here about getting this done. Well I just did it so I thought I'd share my experience. I did my research here and other places. The overall thing I heard was that it didn't hurt that bad and that it was like a rubber band snapping you.

I like to think of myself as someone with a high pain but OMG OUCH! It was definately not the worst pain I have ever felt and it was over really quickly but during it hurt. I think the part that was the worst was the shock. I was expecting this little sting and it really caught me off guard. The underarms were nothing but the brazilian was another story! I would definately recommend the numbing cream for anyone getting this area. I will be using it for sure next time.

Well I don't want to bore anyone with the whole story but if anyone has any questions feel free to ask while it's still fresh in my mind.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:51 PM

sarah191 will become famous soon enough
Wink

I really want to get it done... how man y times did you have to go? If you don't mind me asking, how much $ was it for both under arms and bikini?
THANKS!!!
Old 04-03-2007, 10:06 PM

rhijennings is on a distinguished road
Thanks

I am going for my first underarm next week. I am really excited but nearvous. Plus i cant shave for a week
Old 04-03-2007, 10:07 PM
eve
Avi is the look I hope to achieve, or similar :)

eve will become famous soon enough
yeah, i had the same questions as Sarah! Congrats- i bet you're thrilled- I know I would be if I never had to shave those areas again!!!
Old 04-04-2007, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by sarah191 View Post
I really want to get it done... how man y times did you have to go? If you don't mind me asking, how much $ was it for both under arms and bikini?
THANKS!!!

I am going back 5 times I believe. Then after that I can go back for maintanance for a year at no charge. Then forever (or as long as they stay in business) I can go back for a fraction of the original price. They say this is good for hormonal changes, like pregnancy, menopause, etc., that can cause new hair to grow. So even if I get pregnant and grow a bunch of new hair, I'll never pay more that 200 dollars again.

It was pretty expensive. I paid $1900 for my underarms and full brazilian. Seems like alot, heck it is alot, but I think it's worth it to never have to shave again. And never have to worry about razor bumps in a bikini! I'm so excited! Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with. By the way, I went to Ideal Image. This was the safest, most recommended place I found besides PS's offices.
Old 04-04-2007, 02:56 PM
eve
Avi is the look I hope to achieve, or similar :)

eve will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
I am going back 5 times I believe....

It was pretty expensive. I paid $1900 for my underarms and full brazilian.
Is that $1900 each visit, or for the total of the 6 visits? Just checking to make sure!!! That's actually not too bad! Think of how much $$ we spend on razors and waxing.... over the lifetime it probably would cost more than that!
Old 04-05-2007, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by lovinmarriedlife View Post
Is that $1900 each visit, or for the total of the 6 visits? Just checking to make sure!!! That's actually not too bad! Think of how much $$ we spend on razors and waxing.... over the lifetime it probably would cost more than that!
It is $1900 for the 5 visits and a year of maintanance. Yeah you're right, we probably would spend that or more on razors, waxing, etc!
Old 04-05-2007, 10:33 AM

Originally Posted by bealotus82 View Post

But I am not sure if I want to do it because they told me that you cannot be exposed to the sun as in sun bathing or tanning because it could cause scars.
Is that true?
I really want to get it done.
What they told me is that I have to cover up with a child sunscreen of 45 or higher any time I'm in the sun. The sun on the areas cause sun spots. They are not permanant and do eventually go away but they cannot treat you when you have them. So they delay your sessions and basically cause you to lose money. Hope this helps
Old 04-06-2007, 12:49 PM
Things are lookin' up!

catotexas is on a distinguished road
I had laser hair removal done on a small area. It took about six or seven visits, probably totaling $500.00.

Someone mentioned earlier that she couldn't shave for a week b/f her laser hair removal. They told me that the area had to be COMPLETELY shaved because the laser actually burns into the hair follicle, and if there is a hair there, it will burn the hair and burn your skin. Find out!!!
Old 04-06-2007, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by catotexas View Post
I had laser hair removal done on a small area. It took about six or seven visits, probably totaling $500.00.

Someone mentioned earlier that she couldn't shave for a week b/f her laser hair removal. They told me that the area had to be COMPLETELY shaved because the laser actually burns into the hair follicle, and if there is a hair there, it will burn the hair and burn your skin. Find out!!!
So did your laser hair removal work well?

The place I go to asks you to shave within 24 hours before you go because of that reason. The laser targets the darker color and if you have hair above the skin that is the hair it targets. Burning that hair and never getting down deep enough to kill it.
Old 04-12-2007, 05:16 PM

rhijennings is on a distinguished road
I had my first session today and the hairs were grown out but he did say a little to much but it didnt burn me or anything. It felt like little pin pricks but was not that bad. I go back in a month for my next treatment and will update then!!! I do have one Q that I forgot to ask can I shave between then???? Like the little hairs that they didnt get, that pop up?
Old 04-12-2007, 05:54 PM

smmprincess is on a distinguished road
I'm on my 4th session for a Brazilian. All I have to say is OUCH!!!!!!!!Holy cow it hurt even with the numbing cream. But after 4 sessions we finally got it down.....45 minutes of numbing cream and 5 minutes of ice. i can still feel it but it isn't that bad. the girl told me i am unusual and it doesn't normally hurt that bad.

leave it to me to be a big baby!!!

I still have hair growth but it is going away. Cant wait till its gone!!!

Old 04-13-2007, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by rhijennings View Post
I had my first session today and the hairs were grown out but he did say a little to much but it didnt burn me or anything. It felt like little pin pricks but was not that bad. I go back in a month for my next treatment and will update then!!! I do have one Q that I forgot to ask can I shave between then???? Like the little hairs that they didnt get, that pop up?
The girl I went to said that I could shave in between sessions or I could wait for the hair to fall out. I had to shave my armpits because it's warm here and no one wants to see my armpit hair!!! But my brazilian I decided to do an experiment with my brazilian and not shave to see if it actually fell out. It has started too now a week and a half later. I'm sick of the hair though, so I think I'll shave tonight.
Old 04-13-2007, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by smmprincess View Post
I'm on my 4th session for a Brazilian. All I have to say is OUCH!!!!!!!!Holy cow it hurt even with the numbing cream. But after 4 sessions we finally got it down.....45 minutes of numbing cream and 5 minutes of ice. i can still feel it but it isn't that bad. the girl told me i am unusual and it doesn't normally hurt that bad.

leave it to me to be a big baby!!!

I still have hair growth but it is going away. Cant wait till its gone!!!

Glad to hear you've gotten your pain control down to a science! How many treatments do you have left? Do you have dark hair with light skin? The girl I went to told me that's why mine hurts so much more than other people's. Maybe she was just telling me that so I didn't feel like a baby.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:51 PM
Things are lookin' up!

catotexas is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by amyh View Post
So did your laser hair removal work well?

The place I go to asks you to shave within 24 hours before you go because of that reason. The laser targets the darker color and if you have hair above the skin that is the hair it targets. Burning that hair and never getting down deep enough to kill it.
Yes, it did! I probably needed a follow up or two, but I had to stop b/c I got pregnant. I'd love to go back and have the armpits done.

I am very fair skinned with dark hair, and I've heard that laser hair removal works best under those conditions. But it sure hurts like you know what!!!
Old 04-19-2007, 09:37 PM

simstar969 is on a distinguished road
My PS' recommend you shave before your treatment- one of the reasons being it will stink up the office if you do it with hair- your hairs will burn! eew. No body likes the smell of burnt hair. You shave before and not wax, or use Nair or something because they need a root to target. It takes about 5-6 treatments to reduce the amount of hair you have to around 85%. Touchups are almost always required. You should not go in the sun for atleast, oh what was it, a few weeks! And you shoud return for your treatment every 6+ weeks. Definitely make sure you go to a qualified person because the laser can actually hypo-pigment your skin, aka. make your skin lighter, almost bleached looking in a spotty pattern. Especially on darker skintones- you need to be very careful. I havent started my treatments, and Im going to wait until after summer- I need to see the sun at the beach!