Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Laser hair removal

Old 05-05-2010, 11:10 AM

mxmother is on a distinguished road
Question Laser hair removal

I'm looking for girl's that have had laser hair removal in the bikini are. what is the pain like ? how many times do you have to go to tell it working.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:18 AM

tinahh is on a distinguished road
Ive had laser hair removal in my bikini area. I had all of the hair lasered, from lower happy trail to butt. The first one or two sessions were very painful, imo. Then I expressed my concern about pain, and they gave me numbing ointment to apply about an hour before my session, and that definitely helped. Some people say it feels like rubber bands snapping, and that might be the case on other parts of the body, but since its in your sensitive bikini area, it feels more painful.

I went 8 times and my last session was September 09. And I could tell after the first session that it was working (but I was also the ideal with dark hair and pale skin so it worked very well with me). And of course some hair does grow back, but its only a stubble, and the hair is so soft, that it takes no time or effort to shave. I usually shave once a week, but just because i hate little stubble...and really it shouldnt even be called stubble bc the hair is so soft and no longer "prickly". I used to get realllly bad razor bumps and irritation when I shaved, but not anymore. I shave the stubble, take like one minute, and good to go for another 2 weeks or so. Seriously, i havent tried to see how long it would take for the hair to grow all the way out, but i would guess a very long time.

i LOVE my laser hair removal. i recommend it to anyone!
The Following User Says Thank You to tinahh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 12:17 PM

kaikai is on a distinguished road
i too, would recommend it. according to some research i've done, it works best on light skin/ dark hair, because the laser picks up the follicle easier. its worked wonders for me (though i wasn't super hairy to begin with). its pretty freakin painful without the cream, but tolerable with it. unfortunately i have some stubborn lighter hairs, but very few. i just went again this month after taking 1.5 yrs off, hopefully it'll help. i think its definitely worth a try! good luck!

kaikai's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to kaikai For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 02:18 PM

Ever84 is on a distinguished road
Well I didn't have it in that area but I did get it on my underarms and let me tell you burn baby burn. The lady numbed the are too but since I am dark and it was thicker (hence why I did it in the 1st place) it hurt bad! I had laser hair removal on my legs too.

This lady was professional and did the sessions spaced out just right and I still am not hair free on my legs and under arms. Luckily because she let me just so a "credit" with her...I just never paid! That might sound bad but really I only got half for what she did...im not hair fee but it's thinner then before.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ever84 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-05-2010, 08:12 PM

jolee is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by mxmother View Post
I'm looking for girl's that have had laser hair removal in the bikini are. what is the pain like ? how many times do you have to go to tell it working.
Hello
Ive had laser hair removal. Im on my 5th treatment (Im getting 6 and they were 4/6 weeks apart) and I have one more left. I have my bikini area and labias done, leaving only a small strip (I don't like to be completely bare, I feel like a little girl and neither does my husband). As far as pain is concerned, to me its something I can deal with, it feels like a snapping rubberband againist your skin and its quick. If you're having the bikini area done its pretty fast, they apply a gel (if you ever had a sonogram its the same gel but this time it will be freezing cold, something I appreciated) and with a small wand zap the area several times (3 times maybe or 4), the first zap is the worst (the unknown factor) then its fine. To me its totally worth it, the best money I ever spent on myself, aside from my up coming breast surgery ofcourse. Results vary but I will tell you that I'm very hairy and when I shaved (which I tried not to do, I rathered waxing or tweezing but then I would get ingrowns) my hair would grow back the following day, now I have no ingrowns at all and my bikini area is like the ones you see on models and on babies, nice and smooth. I have no hair now in some spot and very fine in others but like I said it varies from person to person, you may need more than 6 treaments and maybe a touch up 1x a year (thats fine with me, my tech offers half price for touch ups, less than 80 bucks). My labia hair is stubborn and I know now that I will need more treatments in that area but I understand. I say go for it, just research make sure the place knows what they are doing. My tech is a nurse not a cosmetologist, that was important to me. Oh also the hair is supposed to fall out 1 to 2 weeks after the treatments and if it didnt my tech would make me come back and she would zap me again at no charge. GL
Old 05-05-2010, 10:18 PM
Loving the new boobs!

Sugarlove will become famous soon enough Sugarlove will become famous soon enough
I want a full brazilian treatment sooo badly but I am dark so its gonna take like 15 treatments and I am terrified to let someone put a laser that near my hoo ha. lol
Old 08-12-2010, 08:49 PM

Mamita is on a distinguished road
I have ad just about every area lasered for 8-10 times and after 3 years i has all regrown. I have also had electrolysis which didn't get the job done either. I don't recommend it to anyone.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:38 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
I have been having my armpit hairs removed with the laser hair removal. It takes 8-10 times to be complete and is not super painful, but we havent reached the highest level of laser yet. Its quite uncomfortable but its done so fast its worth it.
The lady told me the most painful one was the bikini, they dont numb the area
I have asked about it on here and some girls said they buy their own numbing stuff and put it on before they go. GL.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:50 PM

Verodica is on a distinguished road
I did this 5+ years ago, so technology has probably improved.

I had my legs, bikini (all), legs...8 treatments, three weeks apart. My bikini I can hardly even tell. My underarms turned out the best with maybe 5-10% the hair. My legs are good with a few here and there (mid front of knees may have ended up only removing 50%). The bikini, I think she was afraid to turn it up cause my legs got a few burns on one session. Like I say it wasn't good.

Does your person give some kind of guarentee? I would go back if I thought they could actually get the rest.
Old 08-14-2010, 12:34 PM

WaxwingSlain is on a distinguished road
I just went for my second session for full bikini and underarms last week. Get the numbing cream!! I was almost jumping off the table, and that was with the laser intensity turned down slightly to 12 (14 is average). For my first session, they turned it down to 10 for my lower region.

They said you get a better result at the higher intensity, but I just couldn't take it. They put some aloe type gel down there because I was really having a hard time, which made it more tolerable.

They said the pain is more intense where the hair is more dense. Must be my Italian side...

I noticed a BIG difference in the underarms after the first treatment, and maybe a 20% reduction in the bikini area. I'm just now starting to see some fallout from the most recent treatment. I also have very light skin and dark hair.

I love it! I regret not doing it sooner!
The Following User Says Thank You to WaxwingSlain For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 05:51 PM

2coconuts is on a distinguished road
Seems to be working for me...

I had my armpits and "playboy" bikini line, as opposed to the whole "brazilian" style, about 2 weeks ago. I wasn't sure if it was working at first, but now that those hairs have finished growing out I am very impressed. My technician was very good and it was at a PS office. She told me during that it was going well since I have light skin and course dark hair.

I wasn't impressed with the numbing cream, not sure if it worked or not. But anyway IMO it hurt considerably less than getting waxed! I was able to do about level 3 on my first visit.

I guess it doesn't go this well for everyone, but I haven't shaved my armpits or bikini line in 5 days! That would never happen before! Armpits are mostly bare, bikini 75%, and no bumps or ingrowns on either which is the best part for me.

I would consider doing my legs too in the future because they get stubble super fast.
The Following User Says Thank You to 2coconuts For This Useful Post:
Old 08-25-2010, 10:09 PM

mandydolphin is on a distinguished road
I have one treatment left on my bikini, legs, and armpits, but the results are already amazing. You still have to shave every once in a while, but its literally a few hairs. As for the pain, I went for the numbing cream from the very first appointment because I'm hyper sensitive. The bikini really wasn't painful at all, but the legs hurt a lot in certain places, especially where there is bone.

I would recommend that you do not go to Ideal Image. I don't know about all of them, but they were charging 3x the rate that other offices were charging, and my friend had poor results with them. I went to a private practice run by a doctor, and it felt more like a spa than a medical center.
The Following User Says Thank You to mandydolphin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-31-2010, 01:34 PM

2coconuts is on a distinguished road
I agree with mandydolphin! I have purposely not shaved my underarms for over a week so that I could really know. Sorry if TMI! I'm so excited though because there are literally just a few hairs growing after one treatment! And IMO I was fairly hairy before, dark course hair. That is supposed to be the right kind of hair for this procedure though.
I'm especially excited because my breast implant surgery is in less than 2 weeks and it will be transaxillary (through the underarm) so it seems like it will be easier post-op without wishing that I could shave them every day!
I probably sound a bit hyped up about the whole thing, but I've been super self-conscious about my underarm hair since it ever started growing, a long, long time ago. ;-)
The Following User Says Thank You to 2coconuts For This Useful Post:
Old 09-07-2010, 09:09 AM

cutestxinfinity is on a distinguished road
Smile

I've had it to to underarms and bikini like. I did not have all the hair lasered. For me, it felt like a slight prick sensation. It didn't really hurt at all. I was told it takes about 7 procedures to fully guarentee the hair removal although I've only done the procedure twice. I can see the difference in hair thickness though for sure even after only two times.
The Following User Says Thank You to cutestxinfinity For This Useful Post:
Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 AM

amanda2 is on a distinguished road
I think the pain totally depends on your pain threshold and the courseness and amount of hair you have. They usually advertise it's like a rubberband snapping on your skin...my ass!!! I'm darker skinned, (maybe a 4 on the scale they use) with a lot of dark course hair and it hurt bad. Now I didn't get the numbing cream, so maybe that would have helped but my first time I didn't know and everytime since then has gotten better (I've done three sessions so far). The lady that does mine uses the cooling wand (feels like ice prior to zapping the hairs and I do think that helps. I'm doing bikini, happy trail, underarms, legs, toes...I had/have a lot of hair! I noticed a difference after the 1st session (maybe 20% difference and the hairs came back finer). After this third session things are looking pretty good too. For my underarms the hair was actually coming out from the root as she did it...I loved seeing that! Again, it does hurt but depending on your hair it may not hurt as much. Good luck!
Old 09-10-2010, 07:03 PM

oregongirl25 is on a distinguished road
I had my first treatment of underarms and Brazilian a couple weeks ago! Didn't hurt too bad, was just a different feeling from waxing! I've already noticed a difference, I stay a lot smoother with less hair and don't have to shave as often, hardly any ingrown hairs. I haven't had to shave my arm pits in like 3 days, and the only hair that's really growing very much down below is the stuff by the labia TMI sorry! I was suffering from massive in grown hairs that would get infected earlier. I am having my treatments done by a dermatology center.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:00 AM

Yvie is on a distinguished road
Its important to have an intervall of at least six weeks between sessions because of the mechanism of the laser treatment: The energy of the laser is transfered via the hair to the root where it destroys the seeds of new hair. But only within a certain proportion of the hair there is a connection between root and seeds (depending on its cycle). That is the reason why you only get rid of between 8% and 15% of the hair in one session, although most of the hair will fall out after the session for a start.
Only after six weeks the new hair has completely recovered and can be treated again.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:56 PM

emmanuella is on a distinguished road
I bought a home laser hair removal system so I do it myself and you can adjust the intensity so on the lowest setting you cant feel a thing. I did both my legs and entire bikini area and it works great I love it almost all my hair is gone and when it does grow back I just give it a zap and its gone I recommend buying the do it yourself at home version versus going to get it done at a spa or whatever. It works great