Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Does anything help stretchmarks?

Old 06-16-2010, 05:23 PM

barefootmama is on a distinguished road
Does anything help stretchmarks?

I was wondering if anything can help with stretchmarks. I gained a lot of weight very quickly in college (60 lbs in a year an a half) and I have stretch marks all over my upper and inner thighs and on the backs of my calves. They are older so they're white, not red, but now that I've lost all of the weight they're really wrinkly and depressing. Does anything help?
Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 PM

kasara3 is on a distinguished road
Sorry wish I could help mine are 25 yrs old from kids If anyone knows please I would like to know also!!!!! I've tried everything UGHHH.......Curious to know if anything works...
Old 06-16-2010, 06:02 PM

EyesFixdSkyward is on a distinguished road
Cocoa butter lotion helps. U can find it at walmart. It fades the apperance of stretch marks (especially red deep ones) but it won't get rid of them completely. However it can prevent them by keeping the skin moisturized
Old 06-16-2010, 06:32 PM

Eagle is on a distinguished road
I have two kids who left my tummy very well stretched with lots of marks all over my tummy. I've used almost everything out there. Two months ago, I started using Merderma stretch marks therapy. It works wonders on my tummy. My stretch marks are almost invisible, never thought anything could erase them. You can get it in any drugstore and if you go to their Web site, you can get a coupon for $5.
Old 06-16-2010, 07:26 PM

Wild Orchid is on a distinguished road
Take this for what you will. This is my honest response to anyone that asks about stretch marks (response from a medical provider standpoint).

Anything you put onto your skin to help remove stretch marks is about 99% likely to do nothing for them. The stretch marks are tears in your subcutaneous layers. This is the layer between your epidermis (skin) and your muscles. For anything to work it would need to penetrate your epidermis and get into your subcutaneous layer, and pretty much nothing over the counter will do that.

This is too late to help, but for other women that are hoping to avoid stretch marks, I would SERIOUSLY recommend massage. If you are pregnant or when you get pregnant, have your significant other (or yourself) use some lotion or oil, and massage your body, especially the areas that are prone to stretch marks. This will help so that the subcutaneous layer will be able to stretch or be slightly more elastic as your body expands.

Now, feel free to try whatever you like, but do not expect anything short of medical intervention to really help. If it works for you, great! Just remember that when it comes to things like stretch marks, everyone knows someone that knows someone that SWEARS that your first stool of the day will remove the marks (kidding!).

Susie B.

Massage might help though, even after stretch marks. Hey, use it as an excuse to get massaged!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Wild Orchid For This Useful Post:
Old 06-16-2010, 07:33 PM

barefootmama is on a distinguished road
Yeh, I'm not really looking for some kind of magic cream. I know that nothing I rub on my skin will help at this point.
I was mostly wondering if anyone has tried lasers or other medical procedures that helped.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:02 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Lasers can improve the appearance but NOTHING will ever get them to fully go away. Its best to treat stretch marks with lasers when they're relatively new (still red/pink), once they turn silver/white it gets more difficult to improve the appearance. Also, it takes SEVERAL treatments to improve the look of them and adds up to $$$$$.

Sorry,wish there were an easy and better fix, but that's about all you can do for now. Surgically removing the stretch marks helps, but then you're left with a new type of scar......it's a never ending circle.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2010, 03:14 PM

mydesire is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Palmers

Palmers cocoa butter or stretch mark cream. FOR REAL it reallly helped me!!!!!
Old 06-29-2010, 01:04 AM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Bio oil which is sold in any pharmacy and is around 13 dollars has helped my stretch marks so appearance so much. I also recently did this thing called FRAXEL laser, which normally is used for the face. However my surgeon has been using it on stretch marks and scars and it works.
Heres my story on that: So hope it helps.

Like the above poster said though, nothing ever takes them away. But these things help them look less obvious and in my case invisible to the naked eye.

http://www.justbreastimplants.com/fo...rs-anyone.html
Scroll through the thread for all my updates!
The Following User Says Thank You to Victorious* For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2010, 09:36 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
Glad you had great results with the Fraxel. That's what I use on my patient for their scars and I've had some beautiful results. It really does help quite a bit.

I've been working on a patient that had stretch marks from rapid weight gain (but has since lost it) and 4 treatments into it I'm having a hard time finding them. I have to find the stretch marks by feel as I can't see them until I've treated them and the swelling begins. Needless to say, this patient is VERY pleased with the treatments.

Not only is it very satisfying to the person I'm treating, but it is also satisfying to me to see that I'm helping to improve the appearance of those areas.

Congrats on your results!!!!
Old 07-01-2010, 09:42 PM

shorty4986 is on a distinguished road
I have been using Vitmain E oil and Mederma on mine and it seems to be making them lighter.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:18 AM

churn20 is on a distinguished road
My dermatoslogist told me that stretchmarks are permanent =( but he said there are some treatments that can reduce their apperance. He prescribed me a lotion, and it works!
Old 11-30-2010, 08:59 AM

seryiously is on a distinguished road
I have been using Jason Natural Cocoa Butter, I started to get red ones on my boobs (35 weeks pregnant and they have def. ballooned up lol) at 1st, I thought they were just irritation because I thought stretch marks were white until I googled it! (I have never had any until getting pregnant) the stretch marks have def. faded, now i have some on my right butt cheek and under my belly (i think because i carry so low) but sadly, they discontinued that cocoa butter so im freakin out a little
Old 11-30-2010, 09:41 AM

Kiwi77 will become famous soon enough
I just watched Tyra yesterday...and there was a segment on stretchmarks. youtube Tyra Nov 29 2010 episode. Unfortunately there is no cure to get rid of them. it really sucks!! Once your skin is stretched and the marks are there.....there's no turning back.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:51 AM

boobies123 will become famous soon enough
Nothing will RID stretch marks, but there are things you can do to help fade them. Cocoa butter lotion (or the plain cocoa butter sticks), bio oil, baby oil, any oil with Vitamin E.

I have been using palmers intense therapy vit E oil. It helps to keep moisturized!