Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Who's had Brazilian laser hair removal?

Old 04-25-2007, 04:13 PM

jeansie is on a distinguished road
Who's had Brazilian laser hair removal?

I've been getting my underarms and bikini area done and figure I mine as well get the Brazilian done too. It's only a $300 more and I've been getting good results. I hate shaving there, hate having to get the area waxed because I have to wait for the hair to grow, then it just looks gross to me and then I have to worry about ingrowns. Ick. If I could, I would get my whole freakin' body lasered!!! Everything!

What I'm wondering is, how is the pain like? I'm tolerating the underarms and bikini line fine, but a Brazilian? That's different!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:27 PM

sarah191 will become famous soon enough
Wink

I want to get laser done, REAL BAD!!!! If you don't mind me asking how much is it costing you? Thanks!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:33 PM

Hi! They had a special where the underams were free so it was $1200 for the bikini and underarms but really, it is $1200 just for the bikini area. I think it's $775? for the underarms. For a Brazilian, it's $1500, so I would just have to pay that $300 extra when I go in in May and it's for a total of 6 treatments that you go in for once a month. I was referred to this medical spa by someone online and have been very pleased with the results and staff! I wish I could afford getting laser done from head to toe!
Old 04-25-2007, 04:49 PM

smmprincess is on a distinguished road
Ive had 4 sessions and the only advice I have is get the numbing cream and ice it. This helps a lot!!! It just feels like rubber bands. Worth it though!!!! Its almost gone!!!! No more shaving!!!!!
Old 04-25-2007, 05:29 PM

amyh is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by jeansie View Post
I've been getting my underarms and bikini area done and figure I mine as well get the Brazilian done too. It's only a $300 more and I've been getting good results. I hate shaving there, hate having to get the area waxed because I have to wait for the hair to grow, then it just looks gross to me and then I have to worry about ingrowns. Ick. If I could, I would get my whole freakin' body lasered!!! Everything!

What I'm wondering is, how is the pain like? I'm tolerating the underarms and bikini line fine, but a Brazilian? That's different!
I just had my first Brazilian and underarm treatment a few weeks ago. This is just my personal opinion, but the areas that I though would be the most sensitive weren't. The absolute worst part for me was the highest part like between the hip bones. With that being said, none of it was comfortable at all and I wouldn't recommend it without the numbing cream. There is a post around her somewhere that I started of me complaining about the pain because I did it the first time without the cream. NOT a good idea!
Old 04-25-2007, 06:10 PM
Things are lookin' up!

catotexas is on a distinguished road
Okay, I have to ask. What exactly constitutes "Brazilian"? Is it EVERYTHING below the waist, but not the legs?

I've had laser hair removal done on the top of my feet. It hurt like @%&! but was totally worth it!!! I'd love to have my entire body done also.

P.S.
Never mind; I just looked it up. It sounds rather embarrassing and painful, but wouldn't it be great to be completely hair free???

Last edited by catotexas; 04-25-2007 at 06:40 PM. Reason: new thought
Old 04-25-2007, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by catotexas View Post
Okay, I have to ask. What exactly constitutes "Brazilian"? Is it EVERYTHING below the waist, but not the legs?

I've had laser hair removal done on the top of my feet. It hurt like @%&! but was totally worth it!!! I'd love to have my entire body done also.

P.S.
Never mind; I just looked it up. It sounds rather embarrassing and painful, but wouldn't it be great to be completely hair free???

I've been getting Brazilian waxes done regularly for several years now so a Brazilian laser isn't going to be any different for me. My first time though, I was sooooooooo embarassed!

I wish I had decided to get this laser business done sooner. It is expensive but Brazilian waxes are not cheap either and adds up.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:46 PM

discobisco1 is on a distinguished road
wow that would be great...ive only ever had a brazillian waxing done once and i was really embaressed and sore..i didnt even know that you could get laser removal done..i must check this out in dublin....does that mean it would be completely gone forever?
Old 04-28-2007, 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by discobisco1 View Post
wow that would be great...ive only ever had a brazillian waxing done once and i was really embaressed and sore..i didnt even know that you could get laser removal done..i must check this out in dublin....does that mean it would be completely gone forever?
They told me in my consultation that it was an 88% reduction in hair growth. That was good enough for me! I've had two treatments and I was amazed at the results even after the first treatment! When I went in for treatment #2, there was no hair to treat! She said that hair grows in different cycles so that they will continue to treat even though there is no visible hair.
Old 05-05-2007, 01:00 AM

bflylover is on a distinguished road
I will be having my third treatment on Tues I am having my underarms and full brazilian LOVE it.

I get the numbgel cause I couldn't tolerate getting the hood/lips without it OUCH!

I also decided on the second treatment to get my scraggly granny hairs on my chin not totally dark but just a few and my upper lip done she cut the cost WAY down and its only $150 for those 2. The underarms/bikini was around $900 or so I would have to go back and double check.

I would LOVE to get my legs done next LOL
Old 05-08-2007, 09:52 PM
jiggle it (=

camrok22 is on a distinguished road
i wish i could go into a machine that just zaps every hair on my body except for my eyebrows, eyelashes and hair on my head.

bc seriously...i HATE shaving.
Old 05-08-2007, 10:58 PM

rhijennings is on a distinguished road
I just looked it up and didnt realize it was ALL of that area... OUCH but sounds oh so nice!!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:12 PM

Aqua is on a distinguished road
Zap! Laser! I did it!

On full legs, underarm, hands and fingers, and brazilian bikini. The big surprise was that the parts that really kill to wax: the between the legs, the labia, etc, was the least painful area to laser! For me the killer was refining the pubic triangle in front. TMI? sorry!
But all over id say it was if waxing hurts like 10/10, lasering hurts like 7/10 and is waaay faster. It took about 30-40 minutes for everything i mentioned to be done.

BTW never do laser near the hairline, upper arms or on your back: my laser lady said it stimulates those follicles and makes the hair grow back robustly and thicker!
Old 05-08-2007, 11:18 PM

rhijennings is on a distinguished road
I could just imagine never having to shave again... ahhhh
Old 06-20-2007, 11:16 PM

Rachael will become famous soon enough Rachael will become famous soon enough
The first time that i got my brazilian (i got impulse light treatment not laser) i cried!! it was so painful!! The next lot of sessions i got a local anaesthetic cream to apply before i went and it made it a little more bearable
Old 06-20-2007, 11:59 PM

malika02 is on a distinguished road
Oh I want this done SO bad!! I used to go for waxes every month but I started doing it myself. It was killer at first but after a couple of months I got used to it and now I don't even think twice. It would be nice not to have to worry about any hair!! I'm all for head hair, eyebrows, and eyelashes, but the rest could go! Why are girls made with all that hair anyway? YUCK!
Old 06-25-2007, 09:57 AM

SOON2BD is on a distinguished road
Id LOVE not to have to shave.............
But Im not big on pain...lol
Old 06-27-2007, 01:31 AM

britney is on a distinguished road
i started saving up for lazer