Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Large Tattoo Removal...Advice please

Old 10-10-2010, 09:08 AM

momto2babies is on a distinguished road
Question Large Tattoo Removal...Advice please

Hi all

I know some of the girls on here have gone through this process and I am looking for some guidance on tattoo removal. My husband's business partner's daughter got really messed up on Friday night and thought it would be a good idea to get a very large tattoo on her back. She already has one tattoo but nothing the size of her new one. Of course when she woke up on Saturday she was really upset and is not happy with the tatttoo and wants to get it removed. She lives in Austin, Texas so if anyone knows of a good doctor or tattoo artist who specializes in tattoo removal please let me know. She can travel to Houston, Dallas or any surrounding areas as long as they are good at removing tattoos. I saw on another thread of a good place but they are located in NC so that I think would be too hard to do. Thanks so much for you help...you girls are the best.
Old 10-10-2010, 09:50 AM

troopershan is on a distinguished road
Look into the rejivi process. That is what I'm doing right now and it is over 1/2 gone so far.
Old 10-24-2010, 11:28 PM

lovelygirl2327 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by troopershan View Post
Look into the rejivi process. That is what I'm doing right now and it is over 1/2 gone so far.
How big is your tattoo? How many colors and treatments? I have 5 tattoos, buy only one really bothers me (The huge one on my chest). It is big with lots of color, somewhat faded, got it 15 years ago.
Old 10-25-2010, 12:16 AM

paintandbody24 is on a distinguished road
After having one medium sized tattoo on my ankle and from 40+ high beam laser surgeries to remove hyperpigmentation, removal is the most painful part. I suggest this only because as a kid I had to have a large birthmark removed for my safety (the doctors weren't sure if it was malignant or benign). The first few times I went in, I opted to only use a numbing cream which was terrible. I left the numbing cream on for two hours before the surgery and the doctor assured me I wouldn't feel anything. He was wrong! It was the worst feeling, sharp and snapping hot. The after pain was intense too. I could barely walk or sit, and despite taking pain relievers I was miserable. The next visit I switched doctors since the first one didn't listen to me when I said it hurt, and he suggested numbing the area with a cream so he could use local anethesia to numb it. This worked much better for me! Yes, I still felt the pain from the anethesia shots but they totally numbed the parts for laser. The laser session went well and afterwards the anethesia kept me from feeling the burn for a good few hours. The best thing for after the laser is this sort of blue cooling skin that they can stick over the area to get the heat out. Laser removal really hurts, in fact my dermatologist was very happy that I was behaving better as a kid than half the adults that wanted their tattoos removed, and my laser was set at a higher degree. In the healing process, be sure not to let any shower water hit the area, this will affect the scabs. The scabbing is necessary so if she picks at them, tell her to leave them alone.
I hope this helps , if you have any specific questions just message me. I'm glad to help.