Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision Discuss laser hair removal, tattoo removal, cellulite treatments, spider veins, stretch marks, and scar revisions here.

Laser stretch mark removal??

Old 10-14-2010, 07:53 PM

MissBarbieBaby is on a distinguished road
Laser stretch mark removal??

I had a post-op for the twins on Monday and decided to ask my PS if he does laser stretch mark removal. I heard about it on TV and did some research but not much since I knew I would be seeing him soon. When I asked if he did it he just told me that it doesn't work and I wouldn't be happy with the results but I would be a good candidate for a tummy tuck.... !!!???

I know I may not be as slim as before I had my son (who is now 18 months) but I don't have a lot of loose skin as I *think* you would need to have for a tummy tuck so I was a little offended. Plus, I'm only 23 and I want more children in the future and wouldn't even consider a TT until after I was done having children.

All that aside, I do have a few stretch marks from pregnancy that I'd love to get rid of and his answer didn't sit all too well with me. Does anyone know first hand or maybe through a friend if the laser stretch mark removal works??
Old 10-18-2010, 09:03 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
NOthing will ever make your stretch marks disappear, but you can make them look better and less apparent. I've treated MANY stretch marks with Fraxel re:store and have had great results. It takes at least 5+ treatments to get a great result.

At 23 you're in your prime as far as collagen stimulation in your skin. That equals much better healing!!!

Good for you realizing that a tummy tuck is not a good option until you're done having kids!!!!

Hope this helps!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 10-19-2010, 06:04 PM

sheay17 is on a distinguished road
I dont think he knows what he is talking about. I too have a couple of stretch marks and want to get rid of them. I am doing soo much research on the net and there have been people that have had laser and it has lightened or evened out their stretch marks. I just think that him being a PS he will automatically suggest a tummy tuck. Like the post above mine stated you will have to get a series of treatments not just one... I going to do fraxel also but before that i am going to get lipo done to flatten my tummy and tighten it. Theres a little stubborn pouch that doesnt want to move lol. But as i also said i only have a couple and they arent too noticeable but i dont want them there so they have to go! Just keep looking into it and do alot of research on whomever you choose cause they can make your skin worse if they are not certified and dont know what they are doing. GL girl
The Following User Says Thank You to sheay17 For This Useful Post: