Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/laser-hair-removal-tattoo-removal-cellulite-spider-veins-stretch-marks-scar-revision/)
-   -   Colorful tattoo removal / NY recommendations (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/laser-hair-removal-tattoo-removal-cellulite-spider-veins-stretch-marks-scar-revision/183326-colorful-tattoo-removal-ny-recommendations/)

penny 06-15-2012 09:37 AM

Colorful tattoo removal / NY recommendations

My tattoo just so happens to have what I hear are the hardest colors to remove - green and purple - lucky me lol. I really regret getting it and have had trouble finding before and afters of these colors. Does anyone have experience in getting a multi colored tattoo removed?

And for those of you in the New York area, I would love to hear your recommendations. There are so many laser clinics and I have never heard about any firsthand. Thanks!

sassyj 06-15-2012 09:41 AM

I have had a hell of a time trying to get those colors removed. They are really stubborn and I had a horrific reaction to the lasers - each treatment got worse and I started to develop granulomas and cysts in the tattoo area. I am now on regular steroid injection treatments to get the skin to break up the scar tissue and calm back down. If I had it to do over again, I would have just kept the tattoo or covered over it.

My reaction is atypical but it's worth noting that there can be side effects. Mine is on my ankle and I have had bandages on that ankle for nearly a year straight. The lasers make it blister, then ooze, then crust over, then scab, then repeat. This is normal. My granulomas came after all of that and the skin got infected pretty badly.

Mine had green, yellow, blue, white and black.

penny 06-18-2012 07:37 AM

Oh wow that's a lot of trouble to go through. Im sorry you reacted like that to the laser, I hope in the end you're left with great tattoo free skin! I know this would be a long expensive process for me and that mine may never disappear, I'll have to go on consults and hopefully can find someone I trust. I don't know anyone whose ever gotten it done in my area so I'll have to go with my gut.

penny 01-08-2013 03:52 PM

:bump: any NYers have any recommendations/experiences with laser tattoo removal? thanks!

flowerchild2 01-08-2013 05:11 PM

I can't recommend anyone in NY but I did want to give you some reassurance... black, blues and purples are actually the easiest colors to remove. Greens aren't awful either. If you look at my pics in my profile, you will see the two tattoos on my chest that I am getting removed. The smaller one on my right was blue and purple. The one on my left was red and orange. As you can see, the blue and purple one is much lighter than the other one (this is more obvious in person)... although they have had exactly the same number of treatments.

I think you will find that it actually is not as hard to remove them as you might think... i have only had three treatments so far and mine were VERY bright to start with. HTH!