Just Breast Implants Forum

Just Breast Implants Forum (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/)
-   Laser Hair Removal , Tattoo Removal, Cellulite, Spider Veins, Stretch Marks, and Scar Revision (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/laser-hair-removal-tattoo-removal-cellulite-spider-veins-stretch-marks-scar-revision/)
-   -   Sclerotherapy (https://www.justbreastimplants.com/forum/laser-hair-removal-tattoo-removal-cellulite-spider-veins-stretch-marks-scar-revision/70086-sclerotherapy/)

Ladyluv 12-14-2009 05:00 PM

Sclerotherapy

Have any of you girls had sclerotherapy (it's to get rid of visible veins) and if so how many treatments did you have and did it work? Thanks

justright 12-14-2009 09:38 PM

depends on the size of the vessel to be injected. Sometimes one time will do te trick, other times it takes a few attempts. A consultation should give you a better idea of what your own treatment needs would be.

Ladyluv 12-15-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by justright (Post 790425)
depends on the size of the vessel to be injected. Sometimes one time will do te trick, other times it takes a few attempts. A consultation should give you a better idea of what your own treatment needs would be.

Well I have had 2 treatments on my legs and they are definitely better but not nearly as good as I would have thought they would be by now. Each treatment is $300 so I really don't know if it is worth trying again. Have you done it? was it successful?

fashion101 12-15-2009 11:51 AM

:nicethread: I have been wondering the same thing. I want to have it done , but I don't want to waste my money if it don't work.

Jellybee 12-29-2009 04:39 AM

I too have been looking into having it done to remove the spider veins on my legs. My sister has had her first session and was quite dissappointed with the results. I'm also looking into IPL and any other options, but I think with all of them you need to have it done a few times to get good results?

kmar 01-09-2010 12:04 PM

I had one treatment back in 2003 on the back of my legs & thighs. It definitely did work for me, but within 12-18 months I had new spider veins appearing. At this point I'm learning to live with them. I'm so pale that they're very visible when I wear shorts so last summer I started using some self tanner and that helped to make them less noticeable.

JustMe09 01-09-2010 01:15 PM

I had 6 months worth of treatments done (2 years in a row) on some serious varicose veins I had ... also on a few spider veins. It worked wonders. It was painful during the injections, but the veins were gone by the time I left the Dr.'s office. I have A LOT of experience with this, let me know if you have any questions!

lovelyrose25 01-09-2010 01:28 PM

Sclerotherapy...had it done

Had sclerotherapy done in mass just about a year ago on a varicose vein and few spider veins with disappointing results ....however it did fade the purplish blue tone of the vein and also the varicose vein is not as raised as it was before but the vein is still apparent... looking into laser treatment specifically Candela laser if anyone has any info good or bad info on this particular treatment :wave: please do inform me thanks soo much

Jocelyn72 01-09-2010 05:45 PM

My insurance is going to cover my varicose vein treatment. I have to get the VNUS ablation procedure where they go in and treat it with lasers.

Amy_J 01-23-2010 10:10 AM

I was just telling DH this is what I want next! Mine aren't raised, but I've had them since my early 20s and I'm in my early 30s now. I want this done, but I don't want to waste my money either.

timeforchange 01-23-2010 06:03 PM

I had a consult regarding my ugly vein-y legs. I was told that some varicose veins are too deep for sclerotherapy to work properly. So, my options are 1) Stripping, 2) following up with a laser in the other areas.

Anyone had their veins stripped? How painful was the procedure? How long did the bruising last?

CLM 01-23-2010 07:08 PM

I had 6 treatments. For the majority of the viens, it worked. However, I still have one "patch" I didn't get rid of. I actually got tired of going and wearing the compression hose for 4 days.

FYI....viens are hereditary. They do not come crossing your legs or other stuff. At least that is what the doctor told me.

Insurance does pay for some treatments. I think it depends on your doctor's report/insurance company.

timeforchange 01-24-2010 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by CLM (Post 831510)
I had 6 treatments. For the majority of the viens, it worked. However, I still have one "patch" I didn't get rid of. I actually got tired of going and wearing the compression hose for 4 days.

FYI....viens are hereditary. They do not come crossing your legs or other stuff. At least that is what the doctor told me.

Insurance does pay for some treatments. I think it depends on your doctor's report/insurance company.

My doctor(s) have all told me the same. Veins are hereditary...nothing you do causes them...except being alive :slapforehead:

Natalia13 08-16-2010 11:34 AM

I am a nurse and I actually buy Tromboject from online pharmacies for about $120.00 and I inject them myself. I got rid of all of my spider veins and it def beats paying $300.00 for one treatment. Alos, spider veins are hereditary and I know that more will come back but once they do I can get rid of them again.