Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

anyone regret lip implants?

Old 11-26-2010, 05:22 PM

roz23 is on a distinguished road
Question anyone regret lip implants?

everytime i see pics of me my top lip is like non existent
i dont want injections, i want a permanent fix
those who got lip implants, are they worth it?
do you always feel them?
do they look natural?
do they feel weird? (to the touch, when eating, kissing etc.)
i only want the top done but not if i'm gonna have like 2 completely different looking/feeling lips
thanks in advance
The Following User Says Thank You to roz23 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2010, 12:09 PM

Envyme is on a distinguished road
Hi, I had mine done several months ago. Here are a few things I have come to realize...I had decent lips pre implants but I wanted to have fuller lips especially from the side. Front view I had a decent lip but the side view made my lips look so thin. I went with the permalip implants in the largest size and at first I was so scared about them looking so huge that I even cried about it. The swelling is gone and honestly I could have gone bigger (if they made a larger size).

The other thing is that once you have the implants you can't do any fillers. So, you are basically stuck with what size you end up with -unless you remove them completely & go a different route. If you are looking for a major change a different method of enhancement such as the implants that the surgeon fills with saleen (sp) solution may be a better option or fillers. I think my results are subtle and natural so it all depends on the look you are going for.

I don't regret it at all & I don't really feel the implant unless I am looking to feel them. Yes, they are there and I can feel them but you get used to them and you sometimes forget about having them...but to say you can't feel them period....at least in my case isn't 100% accurate. They are there but it's subtle is the best way I can describe it.

My bf has never said one way or the other if he could feel them or not BUT I am pretty certain he would tell me if he could feel them.

I had an issue with my lower lip on the right side...there was some swelling that formed. Now that time has passed a majority of the swelling is gone. I was going to have it fixed but since it has gone down quite a bit more I have decided to hold off until the 1 yr mark. As long as it stays where it is now or gets less I will leave it be. If it got worse then I would have the PS go back in and correct it.

I hope that helps a bit. Maybe I just confused you more LOL. Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide.

XOXO
Old 12-27-2010, 12:56 PM

JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Envyme View Post
Hi, I had mine done several months ago. Here are a few things I have come to realize...I had decent lips pre implants but I wanted to have fuller lips especially from the side. Front view I had a decent lip but the side view made my lips look so thin. I went with the permalip implants in the largest size and at first I was so scared about them looking so huge that I even cried about it. The swelling is gone and honestly I could have gone bigger (if they made a larger size).

The other thing is that once you have the implants you can't do any fillers. So, you are basically stuck with what size you end up with -unless you remove them completely & go a different route. If you are looking for a major change a different method of enhancement such as the implants that the surgeon fills with saleen (sp) solution may be a better option or fillers. I think my results are subtle and natural so it all depends on the look you are going for.

I don't regret it at all & I don't really feel the implant unless I am looking to feel them. Yes, they are there and I can feel them but you get used to them and you sometimes forget about having them...but to say you can't feel them period....at least in my case isn't 100% accurate. They are there but it's subtle is the best way I can describe it.

My bf has never said one way or the other if he could feel them or not BUT I am pretty certain he would tell me if he could feel them.

I had an issue with my lower lip on the right side...there was some swelling that formed. Now that time has passed a majority of the swelling is gone. I was going to have it fixed but since it has gone down quite a bit more I have decided to hold off until the 1 yr mark. As long as it stays where it is now or gets less I will leave it be. If it got worse then I would have the PS go back in and correct it.

I hope that helps a bit. Maybe I just confused you more LOL. Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide.

XOXO
Do you have any pics? I'd love to get lip implants. My lips aren't non-existent, but they aren't as full as I'd like either. I've heard horror stories about lip implants, such as the implant "pulling" when the person smiles, moving out of place, etc. But I'm still thinking about doing it at some point. The worst that can happen is I'd get them removed.

I wonder if Taylor on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills has lip implants. If so, they don't look good at all.
Old 12-27-2010, 01:18 PM

Jolowell is on a distinguished road
Yep, Taylor from Housewives has lip implants! She said so on "Watch what happens live" after the show a few weeks back. She said she got the implant(s) 20 years ago. Her top lip looks terrible! I'm sure implants have come a long way since then!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 12-27-2010, 01:20 PM

JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of JBI_BA_Info has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Jolowell View Post
Yep, Taylor from Housewives has lip implants! She said so on "Watch what happens live" after the show a few weeks back. She said she got the implant(s) 20 years ago. Her top lip looks terrible! I'm sure implants have come a long way since then!
I knew it!!!! The reason I suspected them is b/c her lips never change size (as w/fillers), and I know that they film the show over a period of months.

Did she say what kind of implants she has? I guess she likes them b/c it's not like she doesn't have the money to get them fixed. Personally speaking, I don't think they look good.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:47 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
She said she didn't like them anymore and would likely do something about them at some point, but I think trying to remove them, after being in that long would be quite a task. Lisa Rhinna (sp?) said removing hers was a nightmare of complications. Having said that, she looks SO much better now! I'm not sure if she had an implant, or silicone injections, but I'm guessing the latter. Anyone know?

I'm guessing, just like when a woman removes large breast implants she's had for several years, that there would be a need to remove stretched skin? Sounds very OUCH.

Anyway, I think if I really wanted to add fullness, an implant is the way to go. Constantly doing fillers every 4-6 months would be a bother, and expensive.

JMO, but I would find an experienced doc that does lips a lot, have them use filler first, in an amount that mimics the implant size they recommend, to
make sure I like the look, and if that turned out well, then go with an implant.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 12-27-2010, 02:53 PM

Yeah, I think Lisa Rhinna had silicone injections, which is kind of the equivalent of removing a ruptured silicone implant from your chest. Much more difficult to remove.
Old 12-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Thanks, i figured LR had injections.

I'm pretty sure Taylor said she had an implant, but did they even have lip implants 20 years ago?
Old 12-27-2010, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dare View Post
Thanks, i figured LR had injections.

I'm pretty sure Taylor said she had an implant, but did they even have lip implants 20 years ago?
You know, I thought the same thing when I read your post! Here's a pic of her in 1988. Doesn't even look like her!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:38 AM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
I would love to have lip implants, but because of some things mentioned above, I'm terrified. It's so "in your face" (literally) that if a bad job was done, there is NO hiding it (unlike breast implants) and probably a terror to have corrected.

On the other hand like Dare said, injections can get so expensive! A few rounds of injections and you could have paid for implants! Although I've seen some awesome results, I've seen just as many awful ones too. I feel like it's too much of a "hit or miss" for my taste.
Old 12-31-2010, 10:40 AM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Jolowell View Post
I agree!! They look awful.
Old 12-31-2010, 01:54 PM

Envyme is on a distinguished road
Yep, I do have pics up - I will update with new ones in a few weeks. I have come down with the worst cold ever!

I will say sometimes my lower left side of my bottom looks smaller then it orig did - which is good and other days it's about the size in the pics (the one with the lump). You can FR me to look at the lip implant pics. I think I set it to private. There is a little nogel (sp) or lump that is there that seriously bothers me bc I am a very symmetrical person. It isn't too noticeable but I really do go back & forth between going back to the PS - who is now a 2 1/2 hr drive from me or just leaving it be. It could be WAY worse-let me tell you. LOL
Old 12-31-2010, 04:28 PM

Jena is on a distinguished road
I have seen some horrible lip implant jobs. There is a girl that works out at the same gym as me and some guys really make fun of her. I saw on a plastic surgery show that you can actually get saline injections to have an idea of what lip injections would look like on you and it goes away in 48hrs. So if you don't like it, no big deal, but if you do you can go ahead with the procedure. I am guessing this would be fairly affordable and could prevent a lot of heartache later on.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:15 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
I've had my lip implants for about a year and a half now. No regrets whatsoever!! I like to stay conservative so mine look very natural (my album is public for you to look at). Yes I can feel them when I rub my lips together but other than that I don't notice them, my husband cannot feel them at all. Mine are the PermaSil implants. They're silicone tubes. Nice thing about them is that they're ever so slightly mobile in your lip so to take them out is a breeze (your tissue develops a channel around them). They were $2300 for upper and lower.
Old 02-17-2011, 03:47 PM

poppy_eve is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Nikki View Post
Yeah, I think Lisa Rhinna had silicone injections, which is kind of the equivalent of removing a ruptured silicone implant from your chest. Much more difficult to remove.
I have silikon 1000 from Dawn in the Ritacca Center, three sessions.

On a television program Lisa admitted to silicone lip injections (its not a lip implant) but she had a reaction and was injected with steroids and the lips puffed up to their big size.

I know Dawn does an awesome job and I wouldn't go to anyone for silikon if he/she wasn't extremely qualified. She has her own lips done, all the girls there have it and she did her mom's. I recently went with my mom as well and now my sister wants it.

As for the results, you have to get super teeny amounts and after the initial swelling, it looks the same and you get frustrated. After a month, you go again and same thing. Some people need 4-6 treatments and some only 2-3 treatments. I was one of the lucky ones and saw a slight different after the first time and now after my third session, my lips are quite full. They still look natural.

I do have lumps in the injection sites because that's how it works. Your body attacks the medical grade silicone and forms scar capsules around the teeny amounts of mobile silicone and then the capsules stay put in your lips. If you go in small amounts, you shouldn't have any migration whatsoever. Plus-the good injectionists won't go over the micro amounts that are specified.

I LOVE my lips. I could technically get another treatment but my lips fluctuate in size depending on my hydration level and some mornings they're HUGE and for that reason I won't get another treatment. I'd start looking like Angelina Jolie. When they're shrunken, they still look at least twice as big as my old lips.

I'm very happy and recommend Dawn.

I now wear crazy lipstick colors and can pull it off.
Old 02-18-2011, 07:48 AM

roz23 is on a distinguished road
Smile

Thanks for the replies everyone
Helps a lot!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:42 AM

CathyMe. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Envyme View Post
Yep, I do have pics up - I will update with new ones in a few weeks. I have come down with the worst cold ever!

I will say sometimes my lower left side of my bottom looks smaller then it orig did - which is good and other days it's about the size in the pics (the one with the lump). You can FR me to look at the lip implant pics. I think I set it to private. There is a little nogel (sp) or lump that is there that seriously bothers me bc I am a very symmetrical person. It isn't too noticeable but I really do go back & forth between going back to the PS - who is now a 2 1/2 hr drive from me or just leaving it be. It could be WAY worse-let me tell you. LOL
Envyme,
I sent you a FR as I would like to see your lip implants. Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm always debating whether to keep getting Juvederm or take the plunge and get the implants. Sorry to the OP for the hijack.