Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By justright
  • 1 Post By timmysmomma

Anyone heard of "Perlane?"

Old 12-31-2010, 07:30 AM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
Anyone heard of "Perlane?"

I'm scheduled to have my lips done on Jan. 6th and the RN that will be doing it mentioned Perlane. It's made by the same company that makes Restylane, but in Perlane the molecules are larger. She said it will give me a more dramatic look and last a bit longer

My only concern is will it give the lumpy/overdone look?! I know a lot of it depends on skill and I'm not worried about that (she also does my PS fillers) but I don't want to regret doing this!

Have any of you heard of it? If not, what has worked for you girls that have had it done, any recommendations? Thanks!!
Old 12-31-2010, 10:03 AM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
I have heard of Perlane but I don't use it when I get my lips injected. Try doing sum research before you have them done. I always get Juvederm Ultra +. It lasts longer than regular Juvederm (8 months-1 year) so I don't have to get them done as often. I was actually going to use Restalyne when I first considered getting my lips done but was told that Juvederm Ultra is the best for lip enhancement by my PS. Good luck! Oh btw-ur avatar is fab!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genie For This Useful Post:
Old 12-31-2010, 10:24 AM

Thanks love! I definitely did my research and have found that it's for more deep lines and wrinkles but that it can be used for lips if careful?! I'm just nervous that restylane wouldn't give me my desired result...

I've heard a little bit about Juvederm Ultra +... thinking that may be the way to go!! I would looove to get 8 months out of it Thanks again!
Old 01-03-2011, 05:09 PM

Alejandra is on a distinguished road
Hello,

Ive had perlane injections a few times and to be honest its JUST like restylane.. i didnt notice any difference ..when i got perlane i didnt need to use alot ..it lasted 3 months..all the injections are the same to me lol maybe because ive been getting them done for so long..dont worry u wont get the lumpy look as long as she doesnt inject too much GOOD LUCK hun!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Alejandra For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 05:16 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
I'm no expert, and have yet to try any fillers, (and it shows, lol), But just from reading about other women's experience, (and a friend that had resty in her lips and said it was too lumpy/firm), I would probably ask your doc more about juvederm first. Larger molecules sounds like a bad thing, but I dunno?

Last edited by Dare; 01-03-2011 at 05:17 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 01-03-2011, 08:19 PM

Alejandra, thanks for your response girl! I guess I'm really just freaking about lumps

Dare, those are my thoughts exactly! Bigger molecules would have to mean more of a chance to be lumpy, right?! I think it would be safer to try Juve for my first time.

Thanks ladies!!
Old 01-05-2011, 12:44 PM

lippydame86 will become famous soon enough lippydame86 will become famous soon enough
Hey girl ~ You already know I'm a JUP girl . GL at your appointment! I'm curious to hear what you decide!!
The Following User Says Thank You to lippydame86 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2011, 03:10 PM

Clarisse is on a distinguished road
I have had perlane and restylane and I have to admit that for the first times I was thinking that perlane last a bit more but now I think it's only appeareances.
I think there are really few difference.
Old 02-07-2011, 04:16 PM

Good to know! I'm going again Friday to get a little more added and I'm definitely trying Juvederm Ultra Plus this time. Haven't been super impressed with the Restylane...
Old 02-12-2011, 10:59 AM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
The larger molecule of a product simply means that it binds to more water in the tissues and therefore you get more plumping. The lumps and bumps are a result of the injector. Every injector should massage the injected area to make sure the tissues are smooth. If they don't you should see someone else. This stuff rarely goes in perfectly smooth and needs to be massaged by trained hands (it is possible to move it in an undesireable way).

Restylane is a smaller molecule than Perlane. Juvederm Ultra is a smaller moelcule than Juvederm Ultra Plus. Each product is different in each person. What lasts longer for one may not necessarily last longer for another, you simply need to figure out which is best to use on you and sometimes you just have to try each to determine that.
The Following User Says Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 02-12-2011, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by justright View Post
The larger molecule of a product simply means that it binds to more water in the tissues and therefore you get more plumping. The lumps and bumps are a result of the injector. Every injector should massage the injected area to make sure the tissues are smooth. If they don't you should see someone else. This stuff rarely goes in perfectly smooth and needs to be massaged by trained hands (it is possible to move it in an undesireable way).

Restylane is a smaller molecule than Perlane. Juvederm Ultra is a smaller moelcule than Juvederm Ultra Plus. Each product is different in each person. What lasts longer for one may not necessarily last longer for another, you simply need to figure out which is best to use on you and sometimes you just have to try each to determine that.
That makes total sense, thank you justright! I ended up holding off on getting the injection yesterday. I didn't really want to dish out another $500 for such subtle results. I can't tell if I've just gotten used to my result, or if it's already wearing away I know they say the 2nd time does much better. I have to go back in another month. I think I'll definitely do it then!

In your experience, what have you found gives the longest lasting results?
Old 02-15-2011, 06:35 PM

enough3 is on a distinguished road
I have done Juve ultra 6 times in my lips. Best way to make it last is do it every 4 months for a year. 3 times in one year-full syringe each time. If you buy 3 syringes up front, you will get it for close to half off...just ask. Your lips will build up over time, especially after the 3rd. I haven't had mine done in 1 1/2 year and its still in there (at least 40 %).

Perlane is for around the mouth. I would never get it in my lips
Old 02-15-2011, 10:23 PM

justright will become famous soon enough justright will become famous soon enough
There isn't really anything that will make a filler last longer in an individual. It's a matter of how your body breaks it down, some just do it faster than others. You may also be getting used to the new look. Take a picture of yourself before injections and then look at it later when you start to think that the product may be gone. The change may be subtle but if you look close enough you will more than likely see a difference.

Both Medicis and Allergan (makers of Restylane/Perlane and Juvederm Ultra/Ultra Plus respectively) suggest "touch-up" injections about 4 months after the initial. It does help it stay longer. Also over time you may not need it as often or as much (depending on where you're having it injected and how you age). Scientifically, with each needle stick you're creating a little bit of scar tissue and your body's response to those sticks is to bring new collagen to the area to "heal that wound". The hyaluronic acid (the active ingredient in all of these fillers mentioned) can also help stimulate a bit of collagen production in the injected areas. Some fillers like Radiesse and Sculptra work by actively recruiting your body to make new collagen in the area the product is injected and that is how those can last longer than the HA fillers.

Perlane *can* be injected into the lips. Again, it's a matter of the injector smoothing out the product within the tissues. I will say, however, that Restylane and Perlane in the lips feels a bit "stiff" in the week following the injections whereas Juvederm does not. Both will soften over 7-10 days and you shouldn't feel the product in there. If anything, the tissues may feel a little more "dense".

I have injected ALL of these products in all areas of the face, including the lips (I'm a RN Injector, this is all I do ALL day long at work), everyone has a different preference, that goes for the injector and the patient. It's all a matter of finding the product that works best for you and where you want it injected and sticking with that one. Some who swear by Restylane may try Juvederm and find that they get a better result with it and vise versa. For some one product works well in one area, but another is better in another area. You CAN use all of the fillers together and layer them. They do not interact poorly with one another, they work synergistically.

Hope this helps to clarify.

redbmw and fromb2c like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to justright For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2011, 11:23 PM

timmysmomma is an unknown quantity at this point
I have had juvaderm, restylane, perlane and evolence all put in my lips a diffrent times. I really love the evolence but it is no longer made so I am pretty bummed about that. It was a collegen that lasts a long time. So the other ones are hylaronic acid which is something we already have in our body anyway so it is very safe. Hylaronic acid draws water to it and expands and that's how it plimps. The good thing also about the hylaronic acid fillers is if u don't like it u can do an injection called hylaronidase that will dissolve it.
If I where u I would stay away from perlane for the lips it is defiantly for deeper folds, having the bigger molecules maxes it easier to look lumpy. Are Drs at my work lean taward jeuvaderm xc which is nice because the cx has lidocaine in it so once they start injecting It numbs it.
One thing about lips I like is for them to start just doing the vermilion boarder of the lips which is basically your lip lines. Some people go straight for the body of the lip and u end up looking like u have fat lips so if u start out with the lip line the sometimes is perfect because it just gives it that natural looking but sext boarder of the lips. Then I like a little in the body of the middle of the bottom lip the pouty look. Jist make sure they don't make ur top lip to big I hate when I see Drs do that the bottom lip should be slightly larger than the top.
Sorry to ramble I just assist in fillers everyday so I am very opinionated plus I have had most of the fillers done on me too so I know what they are like.
Before u get them done make sure not to take any aspirin products loke ibuprofen or anvil for a week before because it will cause bruising.
I would get some arnica tablets from a health food store and start taking them a few days before to help prevent bruising and minamize swelling. U will need to ice you lips after the procedure and through out that day after.
You will love them
Good luck

fromb2c likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to timmysmomma For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2011, 09:47 AM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Ive had Perlane, and juvaderm ultra plus and reg juvaderm, the only thing I noticed was perlane was def. lumpier, as far as lasting it was about the same, i think i break it down way too quick, i only notice fullness for the first month or so then after that back to small lips. I think i need to try a different injector because i dont like the way the end up looking its like my top lip sticks out away from my face but you dont see more pink lip area... does that make sense?
The Following User Says Thank You to LouisVLover For This Useful Post:
Old 02-16-2011, 06:35 PM

Thumbs up

Thank you girls VERY much for all the replies! I've learned soo much more than I thought I knew from just these few posts! It makes total sense that one person's body can break down the filler a lot quicker than another.

I also think I may have gotten used to my look. I took some before's but they're at totally different angles than my afters. I'm definitely not giving up just yet I loved my look a couple days after when they still looked a little swollen. I'm also very curious to see how Juvederm will "feel" as opposed to Restylane. I can definitely tell there's something there now, but it's not lumpy if that makes sense.

timmysmomma, I totally understand what you mean about filling around the boarder. That's really where I want to see a change! I think that's what I may tell my injector next time...

Justright, thank heavens you're a memebr on JBI My injector is also an RN and is an advanced certified nurse injector. She was very conservitive (like I asked for) and did an awesome job. I'm hoping next time I'll recive the result I'm looking for. If not, the next thing to think about are implants. Yours are absolutely amazing!!!