Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation
 
|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.


Lip Injection Question

Old 02-26-2011, 10:45 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Blonde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Magalia California
Posts: 24
Blonde is on a distinguished road
Red face Lip Injection Question

I'm scheduled for lip injections on 3/8. I have a couple of questions... How bad does it hurt? Do they numb you up first? Do I look ridiculous right after? - like can I go shopping? Currently my lips are "average" - they charge by 1/2 or full syringe. I want big full lips... do I go with a full syringe? Thanks for any input!!!
Blonde is offline  
Old 02-27-2011, 06:47 AM
  #2  
 
CathyMe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: southern maine
Posts: 203
CathyMe. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Blonde View Post
I'm scheduled for lip injections on 3/8. I have a couple of questions... How bad does it hurt? Do they numb you up first? Do I look ridiculous right after? - like can I go shopping? Currently my lips are "average" - they charge by 1/2 or full syringe. I want big full lips... do I go with a full syringe? Thanks for any input!!!
I've had Juvederm 2X now and I found it to be extremely painful the first time because the nurse did not put the numbing cream on early enough so I felt every prick of the needle. I had the juvederm with the lidocaine in it as well. The second time, I made sure she put the cream on early enough and it was not bad at all. I did bruise quite a bit and there was some swelling but I did not look silly right after. I would definitely get a minimum of 1 syringe and maybe 2 if you want fullness. I went back after my 1st one and had her put another 1/2 syringe in and my PS said most ladies like more than 1 syringe. Good luck to you. It is very addictive!
CathyMe. is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 01:23 PM
  #3  
 
OceanGlitter11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 675
OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
I got my first full syringe of Restylane about 2 months ago. My experience was actually pretty painless! I had a topical numbing gel rubbed all over my mouth and sat with it on for about 20 minutes before she injected. Between every injection, she gave me ice to put on my lips and it helped that the restylane had lido in it

I was a little swollen walking out but definitely could have gone out the same day... that night I looked like a duck, and the next morning it was even worse lol! I iced for the first 2 days and after that I looked pretty normal. I'm planning on getting another full syringe in about 3 weeks, and this time I'm trying Juvederm Ultra Plus. HTH
OceanGlitter11 is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 06:59 PM
  #4  
freedom is not free, thank you veterans!
 
GardenerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 1,554
GardenerGirl has a spectacular aura GardenerGirl has a spectacular aura
How long does an application last & what is the avg cost per syringe?
GardenerGirl is offline  
Old 03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
  #5  
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: San Bruno California
Posts: 317
timmysmomma is an unknown quantity at this point
At my work we numb u if u want it. I use topical numbing and then they put a little lidocaine in the filler. So patients like to be completely numb do they can do nerve blocks. The lips do hurt and they do swell but it is so worth it. U could go shooing if u wanted to, u might look a little duck ish but not horrible. Use lots of ice after. Remember to take pictures from the front then the 2 sides because people forget what they looked like before so it is nice to have a begining reference picture for later.
timmysmomma is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to timmysmomma For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2011, 07:39 PM
  #6  
 
OceanGlitter11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 675
OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by lkwardooley View Post
How long does an application last & what is the avg cost per syringe?
My injector told me it would last 4-6 months since it was my first time. Then the more I did it, the longer the results would last (8-12 months) b/c every time the needle pricks, tiny bits of scar tissue form. It also depends on how fast your body absorbs the product. For some people, they only see results for a very short period of time.

I definitely agree with timmymomma! Take before and after pictures b/c you won't believe how fast you get used to the result!
OceanGlitter11 is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 03:06 PM
  #7  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 54
MissTrippleD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CathyMe. View Post
I've had Juvederm 2X now and I found it to be extremely painful the first time because the nurse did not put the numbing cream on early enough so I felt every prick of the needle. I had the juvederm with the lidocaine in it as well. The second time, I made sure she put the cream on early enough and it was not bad at all. I did bruise quite a bit and there was some swelling but I did not look silly right after. I would definitely get a minimum of 1 syringe and maybe 2 if you want fullness. I went back after my 1st one and had her put another 1/2 syringe in and my PS said most ladies like more than 1 syringe. Good luck to you. It is very addictive!
what were you able to do after like kiss or eat?? do you have before & after pics that you are willing to share? im getting mine done on 3/17/11
MissTrippleD is offline  
Old 03-15-2011, 04:40 PM
  #8  
 
CathyMe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: southern maine
Posts: 203
CathyMe. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MissTrippleD View Post
what were you able to do after like kiss or eat?? do you have before & after pics that you are willing to share? im getting mine done on 3/17/11
I just had another 1 syringe last Friday so while it's still fresh in my mind I'll give you my experience. I had it done at 9:30 am, iced for a good 1/2 hour afterwards and was able to do everything that I normally do. They were a little sore until the next day but I ate, kissed DH, etc. without any problems. The thing that I hate is that I get a big old Black/blue bruise on my upper lip. I didn't look like a duck at all. I don't have any pictures but I am going back to have another syringe added. She only put 3/4 of 1 syringe as she said I still had some in there from the last time. She suggested that I come back if I want more volume and am planning to do that within the next 2 weeks. I had the numbing cream on for plenty of time this time and it wasn't that bad. Good luck to you. You'll love it!
CathyMe. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CathyMe. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-16-2011, 04:10 PM
  #9  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 54
MissTrippleD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CathyMe. View Post
I just had another 1 syringe last Friday so while it's still fresh in my mind I'll give you my experience. I had it done at 9:30 am, iced for a good 1/2 hour afterwards and was able to do everything that I normally do. They were a little sore until the next day but I ate, kissed DH, etc. without any problems. The thing that I hate is that I get a big old Black/blue bruise on my upper lip. I didn't look like a duck at all. I don't have any pictures but I am going back to have another syringe added. She only put 3/4 of 1 syringe as she said I still had some in there from the last time. She suggested that I come back if I want more volume and am planning to do that within the next 2 weeks. I had the numbing cream on for plenty of time this time and it wasn't that bad. Good luck to you. You'll love it!
Thanks for your reply! I go in tomorrow so im excited. usually how much bigger does your lips get?? if i like it them (i cant remember what its called) but im going to get my lips done permantly. But only if i like how they turn out.
MissTrippleD is offline  
Old 03-17-2011, 11:50 AM
  #10  
 
CathyMe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: southern maine
Posts: 203
CathyMe. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MissTrippleD View Post
Thanks for your reply! I go in tomorrow so im excited. usually how much bigger does your lips get?? if i like it them (i cant remember what its called) but im going to get my lips done permantly. But only if i like how they turn out.
It looks like you've had this done but, it really depends on how much they put in, LOL! I pretty much never had much of a top lip at all and now I do. With 2 syringes, they are nice and plump but to me they don't look fake at all. I also have debated getting implants but have decided to stick with the fillers, at least for now as no one around here does the implants.
CathyMe. is offline  
The Following User Says Thank You to CathyMe. For This Useful Post:
Old 03-18-2011, 03:06 PM
  #11  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 54
MissTrippleD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CathyMe. View Post
It looks like you've had this done but, it really depends on how much they put in, LOL! I pretty much never had much of a top lip at all and now I do. With 2 syringes, they are nice and plump but to me they don't look fake at all. I also have debated getting implants but have decided to stick with the fillers, at least for now as no one around here does the implants.
how did they feel after, even a day after?? mine feel so werid to me thats why i ask..
MissTrippleD is offline  
Old 03-19-2011, 04:11 PM
  #12  
 
CathyMe.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: southern maine
Posts: 203
CathyMe. is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by MissTrippleD View Post
how did they feel after, even a day after?? mine feel so werid to me thats why i ask..
The first time I had it done I had several little bumps in my top lip that eventually went away and yes, they felt somewhat funny at first due to the fact that they were quite a bit larger! I didn't notice this at all the second time or this last time and I've not gotten any little bumps at all this time and they feel completely normal to me.
CathyMe. is offline  
Old 03-23-2011, 10:54 PM
  #13  
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 54
MissTrippleD is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by CathyMe. View Post
The first time I had it done I had several little bumps in my top lip that eventually went away and yes, they felt somewhat funny at first due to the fact that they were quite a bit larger! I didn't notice this at all the second time or this last time and I've not gotten any little bumps at all this time and they feel completely normal to me.
Oh okay.. How long do you have to wait before you can get your lips done again?
MissTrippleD is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off