Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Lip Fillers how much does it cost?

Old 05-30-2007, 11:43 AM

mz925 is on a distinguished road
Lip Fillers how much does it cost?

Just wanting feedback, I wanted to get my lips done not sure on pricing, experience, product ect....

Also i was told you could share the filler with a friend? Is this true?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Happy Holidays!

elizabethmc is on a distinguished road
Restylane

Restylane is about the #1 filler out there in regards to length of time it stays with you and what the docs are using nowadays. A tube costs about $500 depending where you are. If he doesn't use the whole thing they can put your name on it and refrigerate it for future use.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to elizabethmc For This Useful Post:
Old 06-09-2007, 04:07 PM

Laurie is on a distinguished road
the larger restylane injectable is around $800.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Laurie For This Useful Post:
Old 07-17-2007, 10:09 PM

Italianprncss is on a distinguished road
I am having Juvederm injected into my lips tomorrow. I will let you know how it goes. My PS told me only one syringe per patient. Even if they do not use all of it, they cannot use it on someone else. HTH! Also, one treatment is $500. I did call around and another PS uses restylane for $650. If you visit both their websites, they are made up of the same ingredient, which is hyaluronic acid. Both sites say it will last up to 6 months.

BA: July 3, 2007
24 years old
5'0 113 lbs
350cc's Silicone Mentor MPP
Smooth Round Unders
Areola Incision
Pre BA: 32C/34B
Post BA: 32DD/34D
Old 07-17-2007, 10:50 PM

how do your lips look???? have any pictures???
Old 07-18-2007, 07:45 AM

I will take some after pics tonight! I took some before pics this morning. Kinda nervous about it. My appointment is today. I will let you know how it goes! Have you heard if it's painful at all?

24 years old
5'0" 113lbs
Smooth Round Unders
Areola Incision
Old 07-18-2007, 12:02 PM

So painful! OMG

I'm going to answer my own question on this one and tell you that lip filling was the most painful thing I have ever experienced!!!! I am not kidding you. My BA pains were nothing like what I felt when they injected novicane into my upper lip to numb it. They do this just before injecting the juvederm. My eyes watered and to say the least, it was bad.

I feel like my upper lip is way too big for me, but it does now match my bottom lip. I feel like I look like a fish. I need some opinions. When I get home I will take some pics.

24 years old
5'0 113lbs
Smooth Round Unders
Old 07-18-2007, 02:13 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Eek! That doesn't sound pleasant at all. I assume there's swelling that will subside some so you don't feel like a "fish" for long, try not to worry. Sorry that was so painful! Dang.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dare For This Useful Post:
Old 07-18-2007, 03:16 PM
Just One Bite --

YummeeCookee is on a distinguished road
Im excited to see these pics too! Im thinking about having my lips done before I get married. Ive heard some of the other girls on here say it feels like lava or boiling water was being injected into their lips, yikes! How long did they say the initial swelling lasts?
Old 07-18-2007, 03:53 PM

Well I'm pretty bruised right now, and I hope to look a little better tomorrow. I just wanted my upper lip to be as full as my bottom, however I am not liking what I see in the mirror! Having your lips done are not as fun as your boobs. I will probably not do this again. Actually when I think about the pain, I know I will never do it again. I was scared and I am pretty tough normally!

Hamptonite - if you're talking about women in south Florida, I know what you mean about the women with the obvious big enhanced lips! I grew up in Palm Beach! LOL

When I get home I'll post the pics and you can tell me what you think! Thanks!

Old 07-18-2007, 08:15 PM

kikidoll is on a distinguished road
well im getting a new filler called artefill soon. it costs 1500 but it last for sure for 5 yrs. that is how long they have studied it so it could last longer. i am excited. i will let you know.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:59 PM

Hey guys,

Well I've been doing some research online and I have found out that it is normal to have the "fish" or "duck" look after lip injections. Bad news is it can last for 1 to 3 weeks before looking "normal". Also, brusing, redness, and lumps are very common. This is just horrible!

Anyway, I have put a couple pictures of my experience in my new yahoo group:

The guy I'm dating is coming home Sunday, I'm praying I don't look like a duck when he comes back!
Old 07-18-2007, 09:06 PM

I guess my address never showed up in the last reply! Here it is:

http://groups.yahoo.com/groups/34Dz/
Old 07-19-2007, 12:31 PM

I joined. Wow I am scared now, my aunt had it done and said it wasnt painful but who knows I hate pain...
Old 07-19-2007, 08:16 PM

PrettyinPink is on a distinguished road
Hey I just joined! I hope that is okay!
Old 07-19-2007, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by PrettyinPink View Post
Hey I just joined! I hope that is okay!
No problem! Please give me your opinion on lips and boobs!
Old 07-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Shopping Time!!!!!

ChanelGirl007 is on a distinguished road
I just requested to join also. I have a consultation on Tuesday of next week to see which fillers are available and which one I want to go with. I am very interested in finding out more info from other people on here who have had it done.
I may go with something that does not last so long to see if I like the full lip look and then when I have to get them redone , get something longer lasting. Im just so afraid that I will not like what it looks like. I have always had somewhat thin lips.
Old 08-03-2007, 07:32 AM

Update

It's been about 2 1/2 Weeks and I still have the duck lips Two people have already called me out on it! I was like...um I'm not sure what's wrong haha. They both guessed that I had done botox or something. Well anyway, I was doing some research online and found a product called Vitrase. It's an enzyme that breaks down Hydraulic acid, which is what Restalyne and Juvederm is. Well, I called a million dermatologists and PS's in the area and found a doctor who has this stuff. It takes about 15 minutes, and it will get rid of the Juvederm in your lips! The PS said it would take a few hours for all of the Juvederm to dissolve. And I thought I was stuck with this look for a couple of months!!! It costs $150. Wahoo my appointment is Monday! I'll let you guys know how it goes.

So for anyone thinking about getting Restalyne or Juvederm, ask your doctor if they have Vitrase just in case you don't like the outcome. Also I suggest only doing half a syringe the first time. They will store the rest of it at their office and you can always go back and use the rest!
The Following User Says Thank You to Italianprncss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-03-2007, 01:58 PM
Shopping Time!!!!!

ChanelGirl007 is on a distinguished road
That is REALLY great to know. I will ask about that on tuesday....Im so afraid I will not like the new look and do not want to be stuck with it for months if I do not. But Im hoping for the best.
Keep Us posted .....would love to know how it worked out for you.
THANKS!!!