Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By GardenGirls
  • 1 Post By OceanGlitter11
  • 1 Post By OceanGlitter11
  • 1 Post By saviiibabiii
  • 1 Post By breathwork

1 syringe of filler = not that noticeable????

Old 06-17-2011, 07:08 PM

GardenGirls is on a distinguished road
1 syringe of filler = not that noticeable????

Has anyone else experienced getting one syringe of filler and after the swelling goes down the lips don't look much different than before? I feel very frustrated because I expressed that I wanted my lips to appear fuller and pouty and wanted my lower lip to have some outward fullness. I even used the word Luscious to describe what I wanted. I went to an injector that has a really great reputation and he felt that one syringe of Perlane would be sufficient. He injected in the middle of my lower lip and the center and sides of my upper lip.

So I really hoped after my swelling went down my lips would look close to what I pictured but after two days I am extremely disappointed. I am not seeing any outward fullness of my lower lip and only seeing a very subtle difference in my upper.

Is this typical after getting one syringe? This is my first time with filler so I am not sure what I should have expected but relied I the expertise of the injector. If needed I am open to getting another syringe but again I am afraid of another let down.

I ended up calling another plastic surgeon's office that is really good and the injector seemed extremely knowledgeable of the phone and she said a very small amount of botox (about 3 units) help with getting the lip to turn outward. I had a really great conversation with her and wish I started out with her to begin with so I will now be seeing her on Tuesday to definitely get the botox and most likely more filler. It sounds like she is a fan of Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus??? Hopefully I have better luck with her!
Old 06-22-2011, 03:26 PM
Currently in a Love/Hate relationship with my Boobs

bigboobsmcgee has a spectacular aura bigboobsmcgee has a spectacular aura bigboobsmcgee has a spectacular aura
Same here girlfriend!

Hi!

I had one syringe of juvederm ultra injected in April. At first my doctor told me that half a syringe would probably give me results that I wanted. I started off with an average top lip and more than average bottom. I wanted more pouty top lip and more "meaty" center to my bottom lip. He injected half a syringe and told me to come back in 2 weeks once the swelling went down to see if I wanted more. Within 2 days the swelling had left and I was a bit bummed. Hardly any difference. I went back after a week and a half and told him to inject the other half!

He injected the other half in the sides of my top and in the borders of my top lip and in the center of my bottom. He was so surprised that even with now one full syringe, my lips looked a bit more plump. That's it. He said some people "eat up" the product and would need more than one syringe. I haven't had the opportunity to go back for another syringe, but I am hoping to in a few weeks.

I loved the look post injection when my lips were swollen. I wish they would stay that way! It's not too uncommon to need more than one syringe from what I have researched. I was just really shocked that one didnt do a whole lot of outward change.

With that being said, almost everyone I come into daily contact remarks about How much bigger my lips look now. Maybe I am just so used to seeing my lips that I don't realize that there is a size difference. Someone recommended that I take before and after shots of my mouth to look back on to really see the difference. I did just that and I am glad I did, otherwise I would have thought that this doctor just injected water into my lips!

Good luck and keep us updated if you get a second syringe. Take some before and afters if you haven't already!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bigboobsmcgee For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 03:57 PM

lfea1234 will become famous soon enough
I haven't had my lips injected but I bet it is like boobs and we think they are big at first until we get used to them. My friend had her lips injected and she was the same way, loved them at first and now thinks they are not full enough. You could always ask your doc to put more filler in, I know my PS offered that to my friend if she felt they needed more of course for purchasing another syringe but I do think the second syringe was somewhat cheaper.
The Following User Says Thank You to lfea1234 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 04:07 PM

HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough HockeyBabe17 is a jewel in the rough
I think it must be common, because my friend apparently just got fillers done, and I honestly can't tell... it doesn't look like she did anything! I don't think Ill tell her that though lol. You should ask somebody who sees you every day, and see if they notice or if they think they look bigger. It could just be like implants though, 400cc on everyone else here looks huge but on me they don't look big without padded tops. I imagine it's the same for fillers and such, they're probably more/less obvious on different people.
The Following User Says Thank You to HockeyBabe17 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 04:52 PM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
Yea I noticed the same thing the first time I got my lips done. I got 1 syringe of Juvederm Ultra Plus (lasts longer & provides "plumper" resluts) and my lips weren't big enough for me. I now get 2 syringes when I go & love my lips. I also get some on the ( ) marks under my nose and mouth.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Genie For This Useful Post:
Old 06-22-2011, 08:00 PM

Well I ended up going to see the injector at the PS office and I LOVE her. She was just such a very knowledgeable person and knew exactly what I was looking for and she immediately knew what to do. The other person I went to only put filler in the body of my lips and did not put anything in my vermillion border. She said by putting it in the border is what helps give the lips the definition I am looking for. She also put some filler in the vertical area that supports the crossbow and that was able to lift my upper lip to make the sides of my upper lip more visible. The injector I went to last week insisted I couldn't get that look because of how my teeth/gums were and no matter how much he put in it my teeth/gums wouldn't support it.

That just makes me so angry that I wasted all the money with the other injector after I was so specific what I wanted and he just placed the filler in all the wrong areas.

I could probably use a little more fullness in my lower lip but the very talented injector said if she uses a really tiny amount of botox (only about 2 units) to very SLIGHTLY relax the lower lip it will really make a difference. So I will probably end up having her do that because it will be way more economical (about $30) instead of buying another syringe or half syringe.

I LOVE this injector even more because she asked me if I ever had BOTOX in my frown lines and I told her I tried it twice a while ago and I wasn't that impressed. She said BOTOX will allow her to give me free BOTOX to try to convince me to give it another shot with NO STRINGS ATTACHED! She gave me 22 units and said if I stick with it and routinely come back for more my static lines will keep getting better but I did not have to. It sounds like the more talented the injector, the better experience you will have so I definitely told her to go for it!!!

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 06-22-2011, 08:06 PM

AmericanBeauty is on a distinguished road
I am not very hip to this juvaderm stuff, but would like to give it a shot since I have the worlds thinnest lips (ok exaggeration) is it permanent or something you would have to do every couple months? any info is appreciated, thanks

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-30-2011, 02:51 PM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
I am glad to see this! I was fairly disappointed after my first syringe of Restylane about 5 months back. By the third month I couldn't even tell I had anything done... and most people said one syringe is PLENTY for the lips, yeah right. My injector said some people just dissolve the product faster than others and that first time injection results are shorter lived. The more you go the longer it's supposed to last I guess b/c of scar tissue created from the needle prick.

I'm going in a couple of days to get a syringe of JUP injected and I'm hoping this stuff sticks around a little bit longer, and that one is all that will be necessary to notice a difference. It's interesting reading about what your injector mentioned about botox too, hmm. I may have to ask this PS his thoughts on that!

Thanks for all the info!

LouisVLover likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to OceanGlitter11 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-30-2011, 11:01 PM

I am beyond frustrated with lip fillers. Considering that I ended up with 2 syringes of Juvederm Ultra my lips refuse to look the way I hoped. I really wanted full, pouty lips and my lips look gorgeous the day I get the injection done but within a day or two my lips seem to shrink back to normal looking lips. Extremely frustrating! If I open my mouth I can see that the width of my lip is deeper front to back, the top of my lower lip. When my mouth is closed you can't tell the difference at all.

I finally had the injector do 4 units of botox around the lower lip and I am hoping within the next couple of days I see my lower lip relax. This is my last attempt so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
Old 07-01-2011, 09:54 AM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
Aww, I understand your frustration!! I always wonder how these women on the real housewives shows have such amazing results?! Maybe you should play with the idea of implants instead of fillers??

I noticed you were in Charlotte, NC! Who do you have doing your injections? I had mine done at The Hunstad Center my first time in Huntersville and this time I'm trying someone in SC just bc it's closer... I hope the botox works out! Keep me posted

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 03-16-2012, 11:46 PM

fisty kitten is on a distinguished road
I thought i was the only one! I had 1 full syringe and a lil more of perlane and after the swelling went down it wasnt really noticeable. Ive been wanting to try something else but scared to waste more money, maybe juvederm?
Old 01-10-2015, 08:21 AM

saviiibabiii is on a distinguished road
So I really hoped after my swelling went down my lips would look close to what I pictured but after two days I am extremely disappointed. I am not seeing any outward fullness of my lower lip and only seeing a very subtle difference in my upper.

Is this typical after getting one syringe? This is my first time with filler so I am not sure what I should have expected but relied I the expertise of the injector. If needed I am open to getting another syringe but again I am afraid of another let down.

I ended up calling another plastic surgeon's office that is really good and the injector seemed extremely knowledgeable of the phone and she said a very small amount of botox (about 3 units) help with getting the lip to turn outward. I had a really great conversation with her and wish I started out with her to begin with so I will now be seeing her on Tuesday to definitely get the botox and most likely more filler. It sounds like she is a fan of Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus??? Hopefully I have better luck with her![/QUOTE]

I got 2 syringes. ..I love them

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 02-03-2015, 05:41 AM

beccabear is on a distinguished road
Little late to this thread but I would say definitely yes! People are so scared of lip filler in case they end up trout pout-y, but it's so subtle. Depending on the filler as well, they could come 0.55ml to a syringe (Juvederm smile & 4) or 1ml (Juvederm volbella).

I actually had 2 syringes of Juvederm volbella, so 2ml, in about 4 weeks and it still wasn't thaaat different. Need a top up soon and I'm getting another 2ml yay
Old 02-03-2015, 07:44 AM

breathwork will become famous soon enough breathwork will become famous soon enough
I went really slow with lip injections. I feel you can always go back for more. It doesn't cost more in the end. When you swell it's hard to see where you are at but every time the swelling goes down they can reevaluate. I also found by going slow I've had scarring on the insed from the injections. Which is a good thing. I did my lips 4-5 years ago now and haven't had to have them done again. They are still so full, now sure how much they will change. Obviously you have a skilled injector now. I recently saw someone get a little too much Botox in the bottom lip and her whol lip flipped over for a week or two before it wore off. Just an fyi.

Don't get too frustrated. I forget how many syringes I had in the end to do my lips. But I went really slow and kept going back. And now haven't gone in years.

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:26 AM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by saviiibabiii View Post

I ended up calling another plastic surgeon's office that is really good and the injector seemed extremely knowledgeable of the phone and she said a very small amount of botox (about 3 units) help with getting the lip to turn outward. I had a really great conversation with her and wish I started out with her to begin with so I will now be seeing her on Tuesday to definitely get the botox and most likely more filler. It sounds like she is a fan of Juvederm Ultra or Ultra Plus??? Hopefully I have better luck with her!
I got 2 syringes. ..I love them[/QUOTE]

Ive never been to o happy with 1 syringe. when the swelling goes down i can hardly ever tell i did anything. maybe next time i will do 2! I always heard prelude was the way to go for more volume? no?
Old 02-28-2015, 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by bettybb View Post
I went really slow with lip injections. I feel you can always go back for more. It doesn't cost more in the end. When you swell it's hard to see where you are at but every time the swelling goes down they can reevaluate. I also found by going slow I've had scarring on the insed from the injections. Which is a good thing. I did my lips 4-5 years ago now and haven't had to have them done again. They are still so full, now sure how much they will change. Obviously you have a skilled injector now. I recently saw someone get a little too much Botox in the bottom lip and her whol lip flipped over for a week or two before it wore off. Just an fyi.

Don't get too frustrated. I forget how many syringes I had in the end to do my lips. But I went really slow and kept going back. And now haven't gone in years.
thats good to know, i had a friend that told me the same thing that your body builds up scar tissue, she hasn't had filler in years and her lips are full!!! why can't i ever get that lucky. mine is gone in like 2-3 months
Old 02-28-2015, 10:07 AM

saviiibabiii is on a distinguished road
I may have gotten 3 and been happy just so expensive 500 per 1ml
Old 03-18-2015, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by LouisVLover View Post
I got 2 syringes. ..I love them

Ive never been to o happy with 1 syringe. when the swelling goes down i can hardly ever tell i did anything. maybe next time i will do 2! I always heard prelude was the way to go for more volume? no?[/QUOTE]

Originally Posted by saviiibabiii View Post
I may have gotten 3 and been happy just so expensive 500 per 1ml
ya it is... esp for something that isn't permanent!
Old 03-24-2015, 03:55 PM
Got a new job and decided to take my pics off...

Crimsontidegirl is on a distinguished road
this entire thread has made me change my mind about having my lips done. It seems like the entire thing is a guessing game. if I wanted t add another syringe how does pricing change? whats been everyones experience?