Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Considering Restalyne or Juvederm, ladies who have had it done help please

Old 03-05-2012, 03:33 AM

Nessy is on a distinguished road
Considering Restalyne or Juvederm, ladies who have had it done help please

Hi girls, know this topic probably has been done to death but I'm considering getting my lips done, I've been getting botox for years, and I work for a cosmetic surgeon so it wont cost me anything (bonus i know!)
anyway my lips are pretty good anyway but i just want a little bit extra, i doubt i would have any numbing cream or pain relief, am pretty good with pain, but lips hurt alot i suppose..
so what was your experience like? pain etc? did you like your results and did it last for a while? ie: pain factor worth it, thanks girls xx
Old 03-05-2012, 08:28 AM

Belly is on a distinguished road
I have had juvederm done to my lips twice. I used the numbing cream, but have also had it injected without cream. The cream is not necessary, but it is nice. Without the cream, my eyes definitely watered. I have ok lips, they are thin but a nice shape. I got it subtly done and nobody notices except to say i look better. I think even if you have great lips, why not a little subtle amt added and see if you like it. It is pretty great.
Have fun!!
-Belly
The Following User Says Thank You to Belly For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 08:29 AM

Belly is on a distinguished road
oh, but I think you should definitely get it done subtly, because the PS you work for might not want you to look too fake since you are kinda advertising for him/her
Old 03-05-2012, 12:58 PM

Nessy is on a distinguished road
thanks for your input and yes i agree it would only b subtle, it started with me losing some weight and then i was researching some stars that would be 25/35 that had got it done, it was subtle and you wouldnt know that they had, it was quite surprising really, but the results were fabulous.. keen! but dont want to end freaky!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:06 PM
"Anima Sana In Corpore Sano"

HippyCowgirl has a spectacular aura HippyCowgirl has a spectacular aura HippyCowgirl has a spectacular aura
I had my upper lip line done a couple of weeks ago just to sharpen it up and plump a little. Very subtle, even my DH didn't notice but wow, I can really tell a difference. I will definitely do it again! I had the numbing cream too and it was a bit painful but nothing you can't deal with.
The Following User Says Thank You to HippyCowgirl For This Useful Post:
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM

Peridot is on a distinguished road
I have Juvaderm injections into my upper and lower lips about every eight or nine months. Just a little and it keeps my lip line looking yourthful. I can always tell when it's time to "refill". My doctor's office provides an ice pack but normally I decline it. Once in a while, I get a small bruise that may last three or four days. Still worth it. You may want to start with just a very light injection and see what you think. You can always add a little more later on. Let us know how it goes. Good luck. p

BA on 01/23/12
Allergan Natrelle Saline 68HP
350cc Filled to 360 cc
5' 5'', 126 lbs.
The Following User Says Thank You to Peridot For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Please grant me more fluffing =D

DD Wifey <3 is on a distinguished road
I want to get this done
Old 03-07-2012, 01:25 PM

SumthinClever is on a distinguished road
I have juvederm in my lips. My upper lip is naturally pretty thin. I LOVE JUVEDERM!!! I will never be w/o it. EVER!! I had mine done while I was under with my breast lift so I don't know anything about the pain of it but my PS does it with a dental block if you are awake.....and if you want it. You can have it done with nothing also. I have a before/after album. The pics aren't the greatest though.
The Following User Says Thank You to SumthinClever For This Useful Post:
Old 03-07-2012, 01:40 PM
Did I tell you that I love my boobs?

Luvmyboobs is on a distinguished road
I'm only 38 but my top lip is really bad. I have smoker's lines and lines in the corner of my lips. I want to get the fillers but I'm wondering which one is better for these two issues. And how much do you think it would take to correct my lips?
Old 03-15-2012, 02:56 PM
1000cc of pride!

PrincessT is on a distinguished road
I had jubederm put it my upper lip today for the 1st time and my ps didn't offer me any numbing cream and it was pretty painful. Where do you get the numbing cream from? I want to be prepared next time.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Did I tell you that I love my boobs?

Luvmyboobs is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by PrincessT View Post
I had jubederm put it my upper lip today for the 1st time and my ps didn't offer me any numbing cream and it was pretty painful. Where do you get the numbing cream from? I want to be prepared next time.
I'm not positive, but I think the doctor puts it on before giving the injections.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:03 AM
ThaLovelyMissJ

GlitterPrincez is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Nessy View Post
Hi girls, know this topic probably has been done to death but I'm considering getting my lips done, I've been getting botox for years, and I work for a cosmetic surgeon so it wont cost me anything (bonus i know!)
anyway my lips are pretty good anyway but i just want a little bit extra, i doubt i would have any numbing cream or pain relief, am pretty good with pain, but lips hurt alot i suppose..
so what was your experience like? pain etc? did you like your results and did it last for a while? ie: pain factor worth it, thanks girls xx
I have been getting Restylane injections in my lips for the past 7 years and I LOVE them. Girl I have a HIGH pain tolerance and trust me even with a topical numbing cream I felt every BRUTAL poke. Once the needle is in it instantly stops hurting but I usually use a whole Vial and after the 5th or 6th poke I start asking myself "When will this be over"..haha. Totally worth it though..Mine look super natural! They are a little sore the next day or 2 but usually by the 3rd day they are fine. Mine usually don't swell too badly, but I literally JUST had them done a couple weeks ago and I got a little more then usual and for the 1st 24 hours I looked completely ridiculous and was PRETTY sore to the point where even saying certain words was a little painful! I never bruise but I know some people can...The ONLY negative side to Restylane is that it is thicker ( lumpier ) then Juvaderm so every so often I can feel a semi hard little lump in my lip..I have found that they dissolve naturally by themselves but u can break them up as well by rubbing ( pinching ) your lip between two fingers to help speed up the process...it is not noticable to anyone other then myself and it is only noticable becuz I can actually feel it with my tongue...One odd thing I personally experience is that when I first wake up in the morning my lips look HUGE and vary in fullness throughout the day and depending on how hydrated I am...don't know for sure if there is any real reason behind this or if it is just how my body reacts to it personally...They usually last me a solid 8-10 months before I feel like I absolutely need them done again! Overall I REALLY do love Restylane! Hope this helps!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:46 AM

BrazilianBoobs is on a distinguished road
I'm so keen to get this done but too scared i'll end up looking like Taylor Armstrong from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills