Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Victorious*
  • 3 Post By Margot
  • 3 Post By Margot

He said NO

Old 04-26-2012, 05:53 AM
BGo
Soon to have juicy lips to match the juicy t*ts!

BGo is on a distinguished road
He said NO

I had my hopes so high yesterday. I had found a PS close to me that did juvaderm. I went to the appointment yesterday ready to get my lips done and he took one look at me and said no! He told me that I was too young and he liked my lips how they were. I'm 26, not 18 for goodness sake! I guess I'll just have to go to Miami again... I'm just so bummed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BGo's plastic surgeon is Jason Altman, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 AM

milla02 is on a distinguished road
Wow really? I can't believe he said "no". I mean, I can understand him sharing his professional opinion but ultimately it's what you want. Sorry hun... good luck finding a Miami PS and let us know how it goes.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:13 PM
My 32H boobs are beautifull! Recommend DR Hedden!

Dollie1989 is on a distinguished road
WOW that's ridiculous! Just because he likes your lips he can't say no! it's your choice!^^ agree with theh above poster! best of luck.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:18 PM

*Pink*Angel* is on a distinguished road
What??! I would have been in shock- how did you even respond to that? I'm sorry to hear, but you'll find another really great PS to take your business to.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Old 04-29-2012, 02:26 PM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
That's nuts! I can't believe an office that provides a service would turn someone down for no rhyme or reason... just b/c HE thought you didn't need it! I've never heard of that! In that case it's probably better that they didn't do it
Old 05-12-2012, 03:30 PM

Victorious* has a spectacular aura Victorious* has a spectacular aura
Originally Posted by BGo View Post
I had my hopes so high yesterday. I had found a PS close to me that did juvaderm. I went to the appointment yesterday ready to get my lips done and he took one look at me and said no! He told me that I was too young and he liked my lips how they were. I'm 26, not 18 for goodness sake! I guess I'll just have to go to Miami again... I'm just so bummed!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually like that he said no..Sometimes I see pictures of celebs and etc and wonder why their surgeons didnt just say no. If your dead set on getting them I am sure you can find another doctor willing to do it.

Ive also had a doctor tell me no too. I wanted a rhinoplasty, and he said he would not do it, He gave me names of 2 others who would but he said for my small issue I had with my nose, I may never be happy with the end result. Of course since then my bump is larger, so im hoping for a re-consult with him soon. but thats a whole other topic, anyways.....Goodluck finding your doctor!

JackieJoe, ongelleolvera and CMB82 like this.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:39 PM

Margot will become famous soon enough
I too and am in agreement that he said no. It is a reflection of his work and if he feels it will not look good it comes back to him. I wish more surgeons felt the same.
The Following User Says Thank You to Margot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-12-2012, 03:45 PM

motherof5 is on a distinguished road
I am rather surprised, but at the same I can understand your PS point of view. I' m sure he had his professional reasonings. I actually wanted a redo so bad after my BA...literally my PS said he would not consider doing it. He wanted me to wait a minimum of 4 to 6 months. I remember feeling upset at first. I think he thought I would realy like them in a few months time. In my opinion, if this is something that really does mean a lot to you, Iwould recommend you find someone else that would do it for you. Good luck =)
Old 05-12-2012, 06:41 PM
1000cc YAY! Thanks to all my JBI sisters for support!

Genie will become famous soon enough
Wow! He said no to Juvederm?! That's nuts to me. It doesn't matter what he "thinks"-it matters what look you want and what is safe for your body. Juvederm is NOT dangerous-it only lasts 1 year for goodness sakes- and it's none of his business how big you want your lips.
Old 05-12-2012, 11:14 PM

Margot will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Genie View Post
Wow! He said no to Juvederm?! That's nuts to me. It doesn't matter what he "thinks"-it matters what look you want and what is safe for your body. Juvederm is NOT dangerous-it only lasts 1 year for goodness sakes- and it's none of his business how big you want your lips.
I think it is his business for whatever reason he thought it was not needed maybe would not look good and it is his reputation on the line. What if someone was to ask who did the procedure and his name was brought up.

beckybee, JackieJoe and CMB82 like this.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:20 PM

HotMagenta will become famous soon enough HotMagenta will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by Margot View Post
I think it is his business for whatever reason he thought it was not needed maybe would not look good and it is his reputation on the line. What if someone was to ask who did the procedure and his name was brought up.
that's true but what one may consider "good" or attractive another may have an opinion that differs...
i don't know, i mean, would a hairdresser ever say "no, i'm colouring your hair blonde because it won't look good on you and i like your hair brown". you know what i mean? like you're going in there willing to pay money to achieve a look that you want, not a look that the hairdresser or in this case, plastic surgeon wants based on their aesthetic ideal. i do understand your point of view though, i do think that people often go in and request absolutely outrageous things often times but we're talking juvaderm here... hmm.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-29-2012, 04:17 AM

missmonaco is on a distinguished road
That is terrible. It's your body your life and a safe procedure...I am so sorry. I hope you find a more understanding PS soon so you can be yourself!