Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Star07

Juvederm

Old 05-08-2012, 10:28 PM

Star07 is on a distinguished road
Juvederm

So today I had Juvederm injected in my lips one syringe. This is my 2nd time getting this done but the first time my PS did it while I was under for my BA so of course there was no pain involved. I was nervous all day anticipating the pain. From research I have done it seems a lot of people complained of it being so painful. I requested a dental nerve block but my PS' assistant promised me with the numbing cream alone there would be minimal pain. Well once it was all said and done I was embarrassed that I acted like such a baby I had no pain at all. The only down side is that I have a big bruise on my upper lip and I am extremely swollen. I am taking Arnica for the swelling and bruising. I have to go to work tomorrow and hate to have to explain why I look like I got punched in the mouth. The only good thing is that I anticipated this happening so I made sure to tell my co-workers that I had a dentist appointment after work. I know I will love my results and would def do it again!

Cupcake85 and MonRobot like this.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:41 AM

MonRobot is on a distinguished road
I'm not telling my husband I'm having it done. Lol. I like the dentist appt idea.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:13 PM

Pinkfriday is on a distinguished road
I scheduled an appointment to get juvederm but I chickened out because I was so afraid of the pain I want to get it so bad but I just keep thinking about how sensitive lips are! Did the bruising and swelling get better the day after?
Old 05-10-2012, 08:57 PM

Star07 is on a distinguished road
I was soooo nervous about it being painful. I was anxious all day smh. A co-worker of mine said that it was extremely painful which is what really had me nervous. I was so shocked that there was no pain at all. I am sure it was a combination of my PS' skill and the numbing cream plus the Juvederm has lidicaine mixed in the syringe. I am extremely bruised it is awful. There is no way for me to cover it up. It is so noticeable. I was swollen the next day but when I woke up today the swelling was down. I am going to take a pic and post it tomorrow and u can check it out. But it is worth it and I am loving the results so far and will def do it again. If u do decide to go through with it do your research about what foods and medicines u should avoid at least a week b4. Supposedly it will prevent less bruising.

Originally Posted by Pinkfriday View Post
I scheduled an appointment to get juvederm but I chickened out because I was so afraid of the pain I want to get it so bad but I just keep thinking about how sensitive lips are! Did the bruising and swelling get better the day after?
Old 05-15-2012, 08:13 AM

Kiwi77 will become famous soon enough
I want to do this too! How much does it cost? Id have to hide from the husband too? I need some good lip swelling excuses.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:28 AM

Texasheartspink is on a distinguished road
I have gotten Juvaderm and Restylane a total of about 4 times and I like both. I have even had them done with no numbing and wow that hurt but as long as they numb it you will be fine. It's going to sting a little when stuff goes in but it's totally worth it. The more you get it done it starts building the shape in your lips so the first time might not stay as full as you want it but keeping it up will help. Juvaderm is normally about 500 a syringe but I know some places that have deals a couple times a year and have gotten it for 300 so I just wait. Restylane is a little cheaper because Juvaderm is supposed to last longer but it's different with everyone. Hope this helps ladies!