Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By OceanGlitter11
  • 1 Post By GlitterPrincez

Juvederm or Restylane?

Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 AM

BambiWambi is on a distinguished road
Wink Juvederm or Restylane?

Hey ladies, I'm having a hard time choosing between the 2. I've seen results from both that look awesome, but I'm SO confused as to which I should choose and how much I should have injected.

Can I get some input from the girls who've had either? and possibly the cost?

Thanks in advance!!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 PM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
Hey girl! I've had both and absolutely LOVE Juvederm! It feels softer and has lasted longer for me. With resty, I was more aware I had a filler in my lips and it didn't last near as long.

The price is a little more expensive for JUP though. I paid $550 for an .8cc syringe of Juve while the Restylane was only $500 for a 1cc syringe. HTH!
Old 06-07-2012, 09:39 AM
ThaLovelyMissJ

GlitterPrincez is on a distinguished road
Smile

I have been getting Restylane Injections in my lips for the past 7 years and I LOVE them!! Make sure u go a little bigger then u want if u go with Restylane though because Restylane is a Hylaronic Acid based gel and changes due to your hydration levels...When I first wake up in the morning they are huge and gorgeous and after about 2 hours they seem to shrink quite a bit..they are definately the biggest after I sleep - I'm actually adding more this month becuz 1 vial did look great but I want that "fullness" 24-7 and not just when I wake up. LOL Keep in mind though Restylane is harder ( firmer ) then Juvaderm so from time to time u can feel little hard bumps that u have to break up with your fingers ( pinching them to break them up ). This is not noticable to anyone other then yourself tho as u can only feel it and not actually see it...I just love Restylane becuz I have had such great results and it naturally absorbs into your body so it is 100% safe for evryone...It lasts a good solid 8 months for me personally before I have to get more added...I paid $400 for 1cc and u r able to get in in .5 cc as well based on how much u want to add... HTH

angelbreeze likes this.

Last edited by GlitterPrincez; 06-07-2012 at 09:41 AM. Reason: Add Pricing Info
Old 06-07-2012, 11:05 AM

VegasBabe is on a distinguished road
Smile

Juvederm without a doubt!! Years ago I started out with collagen and it went away so fast. Juvederm lasts me more than a year. I've had restylane before Juvederm was introduced. Not only does it last a really long time, but it makes your lips look so soft and perfect! It costs more but it lasts longer.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:09 AM

Booblik is on a distinguished road
I pay $350 a syringe for both juvi or resty. In my lips, nothing lasts past 2 months but in the tear trough, resty is a miracle! Took away the tired look a d going strong after 5 months

Booblik's plastic surgeon is Tom Pousti, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-18-2012, 08:32 PM

sassyj will become famous soon enough
I have juvederm in my tear troughs and my lips - 1 full syringe in lips was $525. I had it done six months ago and I'm not in need of more yet. Just had my tear troughs done a couple of weeks ago and love the results but it's more subtle of a change. I just look rested.

sassyj's plastic surgeon is Steven Vath, MD
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE