Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Huge Lips

Old 10-24-2007, 05:53 PM

Claire61 is on a distinguished road
Huge Lips

I just had Restylane injections in my lips. I did both upper and lower. It has only been an hour so someone please tell me they go down some because they look so big. My PS said they would look better in the morning but if anyone is on this forum let me know your experience. Thanks.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:59 PM

veronika will become famous soon enough veronika will become famous soon enough
My friend had hers done and they were swollen at first and now they look good don't worry i'm sure its just swelling
The Following User Says Thank You to veronika For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2007, 07:29 AM

Claudiane is on a distinguished road
Hi Claire,

I have an appointment at the end of November to get injections in my lips and nasal folds. The dermatologist gave me two brochures: one for Restylane and the other for Radiesse. Can you tell me more about your experience with the Restylane? How do your lips look now? Was it painful (my dermatologist said that she numbs the area so there shouldn't be any pain during the procedure)? What about pain afterwards? Is it quite noticeable? Would coworkers notice? My appointment is Friday and my coworkers will be seeing me again the following Wednesday... Thanks for sharing your experience!
Old 10-25-2007, 06:09 PM

Hi Claudiane. I have also had Radiesse in my naso labial folds. I had it in May and it still looks pretty good. I was just at a seminar(open house) at my PS office last night and we had a rep from Radiesse there. The Radiesse will last 12 up to 18 months before you will need another dose. As you build collagen in response to the particles in the Radiesse you may need less and less each time you use it if you do it regularly. My PS sometimes adds a little Restylane on top of the Radiesse for more smoothing of those deep lines. Now I got the Restylane at the open house just last night. He needed a volunteer(and it was a freebie) so I offered. I have had 2 surgeries with him. A BA just 5 weeks ago and an eye lift last year so I felt pretty comfortable. I have to admit the way the lips looked right after injection was a little shocking. Very big and swollen and shiny because the lips are so full. I went to work this morning for a short day and I looked a bit better but I think I still have a lot of swelling. I think its a good idea to have it done and then lay low for a couple of days. I think once it calms down I will like it. The pain is not that bad. Just a little throbbing that a couple of Ibuprofen will cure. I also used ice. Good Luck!
The Following User Says Thank You to Claire61 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2007, 08:41 PM

Sassy Cat is on a distinguished road
Can the Radiesse be use for the wrinkles around the eyes? I don't have so much crows feet as the bags under my eyes have casued wrnikles and they continue to get deeper and deeper.
Old 10-26-2007, 02:42 PM

ROSY is on a distinguished road
Botox

Sassycat,
You can you use botox for the wrinkles arounds the eyes. It's also cheaper than restylane.

ROSY's plastic surgeon is Steven Teitelbaum, M.D.. F.A.C.S
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 10-28-2007, 08:33 PM

Yeah SassyCat Resylane is best for filling in the tear trough or any hollowness you have under the eye. I would like to try Botox on the lines between my brows but I am worried about the botox making my eye droop if I did the fine lines. I am looking into lasers for that problem.I just re-read your post SassyCat and I also had bags under my eyes. I eventually had the fat pads removed surgically. Best money (next to my BA) that I ever spent. It is more drastic than injections but it is a more permenant solution you might want to explore with your PS. I was tired of people always thinking I was tired when I felt great!