Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By GlitterPrincez
  • 1 Post By BambiWambi
  • 1 Post By bigrack
  • 1 Post By OceanGlitter11
  • 1 Post By DollieW

Trading in Restylane for Juvaderm

Old 08-16-2012, 10:27 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

GlitterPrincez is on a distinguished road
Trading in Restylane for Juvaderm

Sooo for the past 7 years I have been getting Restylane injections in my lips and I do love them BUT I am getting fed up with the inconsistency they bring. Becuz they are made up of a Hylaraunic Acid Base ( which your body naturally produces ) my lip size/fullness is constantly fluctuating throughout the day. It is driving me nuts!! I just had them done again in March and they looked great for the 1st week and since about the 6th day they started doing what they do best - changing in size throughout the day. I want to give Juvaderm a try becuz I have heard that is does not do this and is pretty consistent regardless of your hydration level. I am scheduled to go in on the 28th of this month at 2:30 p.m. I am SUPER excited and cannot wait to try it out. I have seen sooo many gorgeous results on here with the Juve and hope mine turn out better then with the Resty. Fingers crossed!! I will definately post some pics after I get them!!

#sunshine likes this.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:36 PM

BambiWambi is on a distinguished road
Yay! can't wait to see your results... I hate to say this and sound crazy but my lips sucked up the 2 syringes so I'm going back for more

The lady who did them is freaking astonished and said she's never seen anything like it, they look plump but still not large enough.

GlitterPrincez likes this.
Old 08-16-2012, 10:48 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

Oh dear God! I sure hope that's not the case for me considering 1 syringe is $500!! LOL That is why I have put off getting Juve - becuz of the price...I hope that 1 syringe does the trick!
Old 08-20-2012, 03:38 PM
Always be YOU-don't try to be me, story ends bad..

HottBlondie77 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by GlitterPrincez View Post
Oh dear God! I sure hope that's not the case for me considering 1 syringe is $500!! LOL That is why I have put off getting Juve - becuz of the price...I hope that 1 syringe does the trick!
I have gotten 2 of the Juv..so far. I have full lips but of course wanted more.
My lips dont fluctuate, but its the same product just a dif brand. They are 550$ here but I go for botox and stuff there so now I get a deal for 400$ a syringe.
I need another lol...
xo
Old 08-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Flawless go braless

bigrack has a spectacular aura bigrack has a spectacular aura bigrack has a spectacular aura
I think it is cheaper to have botox and lip injections here in Canada (a shocker since everything else is more). I had Juvaderm (I think only 1/2 syringe) and it was $125. I've done it twice (once a year) and just in my lower lip. I really like it, not to big and it seems to last forever!

Good luck!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to bigrack For This Useful Post:
Old 08-21-2012, 09:15 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Please let us know what your results are like and if you like it. Does the same amount of juvaderm make your lips bigger compared to the same amount of restylane? The lady who did mine said juvaderm would look softer on me and wouldn't give me the results I wanted. Can't wait to have more injected after the baby
Old 08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

OMG BigRack - that is insane! Considering I live i Wisconsin and not too far from the Canadian Border I might just have to make a trip up there next time! LOL

Cupcake - I will definately let u guys know what I think and will for sure post pics!! I go on Tuesday ( only a few more days!!! ). I honestly don't know a whole heck of a lot about Juve and this will be the 1st time I try it. I have been getting Restylane in my lips for the past 6-7 years so and I would have switched sooner but the price just always held me back. But shoot if it is only $125 in Canada I might be getting it done a couple times a year if I just fly up there! LOL
The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterPrincez For This Useful Post:
Old 08-26-2012, 03:15 PM

OceanGlitter11 will become famous soon enough
You're gonna looove Juve!!! I got resty for my first lip aug b/c it was cheaper and there was more in the syringe vs juve, but it only lasted a month or two. The last two times I've gotten it done I went with JUP and have been SO happy with my results, not to mention it's lasted so so much longer!

Good luck, you won't be disappointed!

The Following User Says Thank You to OceanGlitter11 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2012, 10:05 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

Tomorrow is the big day!! I am sooooooo excited!! My appointment is at 12 Noon and I am literally counting down the hours now!! I really hope they look amazing and I will definately post some pics once I get home!! Yay!!!

DollieW likes this.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:26 PM
Dreams do come true!

DollieW is on a distinguished road
You will love it!! I did mine a few days ago for the first time and just 1 syringe of juvederm for my top lip made such a difference! I also have pics up. Can't wait to see yours!

Old 08-28-2012, 12:21 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

Talking

I got them Ladies!!!!!! It didn't hurt ANYWHERE near as bad as the Resty did and they already ( despite being CRAZY swollen ) look absolutely AMAZING!! I am sooo happy I switched to Juvi and will post some pics on here later today!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Lara Croft

MadisonM will become famous soon enough
Congrats! Can't wait to see your pics!! I love Juvaderm! My PS up here I go to does a dental block so I'm numb when he does it, otherwise, I don't think I could deal with it, regardless of the fact it has the numbing stuff in it!!!!

I am due for some more.. I had mine last done in mid Dec last year.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 08-28-2012, 02:33 PM

laineycakes has a spectacular aura laineycakes has a spectacular aura
Love to see pics. How bad is the swelling and I'd go with the numbing.

Thinking about having an injectable done before our week trip to NY in October.

How long does it stay swollen? Last?
Old 08-28-2012, 03:36 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

Originally Posted by MadisonM View Post
Congrats! Can't wait to see your pics!! I love Juvaderm! My PS up here I go to does a dental block so I'm numb when he does it, otherwise, I don't think I could deal with it, regardless of the fact it has the numbing stuff in it!!!!

I am due for some more.. I had mine last done in mid Dec last year.
I used to always get the dental block but the past 2 times I decided to not get it and honestly in March when I got Resty injections it was BRUTAL but this time with the Juvi it wasn't bad at all surprisingly! They put a topical numbing cream on it and it was a piece of cake!
Old 08-28-2012, 03:39 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

Originally Posted by laineycakes View Post
Love to see pics. How bad is the swelling and I'd go with the numbing.

Thinking about having an injectable done before our week trip to NY in October.

How long does it stay swollen? Last?
The swelling is pretty bad for about 48 hours but mine doesn't start getting real bad until after about 8-10 hours - then it sets in and I look completely ridiculous for the next day...My injections usually last for a good solid 8 months and usually still have some product left in them for up to 10 months. I used to only go once a year but I really have been wanting to try the Juvy and my Husband said I could becuz my 30th BDay is in exactly 1 month and I'm having a really hard time turning 30 for some reason, so he's being even nicer then he already is...So far I am liking the Juvy WAYYYY MORE then the Restylane!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:15 PM
I <3 boobs

Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough Cupcake85 is a jewel in the rough
Good to hear you're happy. I'm going to try Juvaderm too after the baby. I found places that were cheaper on the Restylane but one of them is having a special on Juvaderm where one syringe is only $480 and I'll be getting 2. I can't wait
Old 08-28-2012, 05:46 PM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
I thought juvaderm was also a HA ( hyualronic acid) I used to get perlane a while back because it's gives a fuller look because the gel is thicker than rest. Or juvaderm. I haven't gotten mine done in 2 years and I really want to!!!!!!
Old 08-28-2012, 07:21 PM
ThaLovelyMissJ

Louis - yes Juvaderm is also a Hylaraunic Acid based filler. The molecule that makes up Juvaderm is larger then that of Restylane ( meaning if u were to look at the two under a microscope - Juvaderm would have a larger molecule ) therefore giving more volumn to the area it is filling.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:52 AM
ThaLovelyMissJ

Sooooo I have now had my Juvi for 1 full week and now that the bruising finally went down - I can honestly say I ABSOLUTELY LOVE JUVADERM!! My lips look AMAZING!! I did post a few pics but I am telling u - they look sooo much bigger and fuller in person! Pictures do NOT do them justice. I HIGHLY recommend Juvaderm as a lip plumper/filler. It wasn't as painful as the Restylane while getting the injections and I barely had any swelling or tenderness BUT I did have a crazy insane amount of bruising. I had bruises on both the inside and outside of both lips, under my bottom lip and also under my nose! They were dark too - customers at my work were staring at me all types of crazy for a few days! LOL I am soooo pleased and happy with my results and will definately stay with Juvi for a long time!! It was definately worth the bruising and the extra $100!

Cupcake85 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to GlitterPrincez For This Useful Post: