Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Restylane and/or Juvederm Ladies!!!

Old 01-02-2008, 02:50 PM
Much to be Thankful for :)

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
Question Restylane and/or Juvederm Ladies!!!

Anyone here tried both and can compare for me? I've heard Juvederm feels more natural (softer), but Resty fills better. I've never had any type of injectables. I'm wanting to do the lines from my nose to my mouth corners and plump up my top lip.

This is something only a PS should do for you, yes? I know a lot of nurses do it, but I'm guessing only an MD should? My PS that did my boobs closed her practice to be a SAHM a few years back so I would have to start all over w/ the research a PS thing...sigh. Or should I be looking for a Dermatologist? Sooooo confused.

Also, any info on cost or how long the results lasted would be great too! Thanks
Old 01-02-2008, 09:02 PM
Rosemary

I have had Restylane done only. Very uncomfortable, but I can't compare it with anything else. I too live in Portland and My dermatologist Dr. Janet Roberts did mine, as well as my botoxs shots. I know that their are some new fillers out there that PS are trying that are more permanent , but more expensive.
Restylane will run you about 1,000 it depends on how many vials they use.
Hope this helps
Rosemary/ Roe

The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2008, 03:20 PM

Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all Dare is a name known to all
I was told that if it's done in the lips they should absolutely do a dental block first or it hurts like hell. I've talked to a woman that has tried both, and she highly recommended the juvederm over the restylane. Said it last longer and feels softer, so I guess I'll try that.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:27 PM

cantwait2bac is on a distinguished road
I've had both, juvaderm lasts much longer then rest. Same price too. BUT!! Make sure they use numbing cream where they inject. Lips hurt like crazy,(did that once) the line from my nose down was more tolerable.(done that many times) You'll be pleased!

Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to cantwait2bac For This Useful Post:
Old 01-04-2008, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by christyann View Post
yep, my mom just had her upper and still had the dental block--honestly, I think they did some thing wrong on hers, it kinds looks like collagen gone bad...

Eek! Well at least it's temporary! I've heard the resty is harder and can feel lumpy. I just want an eentsy bit in my upper lip...not looking for bigger, just to fill out the tiny lines from having been a smoker off and on for years. BAD Dare. I wouldn't even bother except I want my nasolabial folds done so thought WTH..do the lip too.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:01 PM

wynchester76 is on a distinguished road
u can feel the resty I just got it for my folds (I call them my parenthesis) but it looks great be prepared for bruising though! Mine cost me $960 for 2 ccs n was done by my ps
The Following User Says Thank You to wynchester76 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-07-2008, 07:17 PM

Eek! That's a load of dough! I guess I better start saving. I assume Juvederm and Restylane cost about the same..anyone know? Also, I don't want to do anything to my lips that DH will feel when he kisses me..that would be kind of a turn off. If I just have them put a tiny bit of the juvederm in the upper line to fill out the eentsy weentsy smoker's lines do you think he'd feel that?
Old 01-17-2008, 05:10 PM
Redbmw

redbmw is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Dare View Post
I was told that if it's done in the lips they should absolutely do a dental block first or it hurts like hell. I've talked to a woman that has tried both, and she highly recommended the juvederm over the restylane. Said it last longer and feels softer, so I guess I'll try that.
Hi Dare
I had my NL/F injected with a Fat Transfer my ps did this in combination with my Lipo he also injected the fat under my eyes in the Tear Trough, it has been nine months ago, The problem with that is your body will absorb some of the fat so they can't guarantee results, luckly for me over half of the fat transfer remains, i saw great results immeadily! and the results even improves as time progress, so i have never tried the juvederm nor restylane, i think it cost less than the fat transfer , But after i saw great results i still had that expression (smile line) but the filler worked, so to get rid of the line i Tried
Lancone High Resoulution with collagen the line is fading away great results in only Two weeks, Lancone is a very expensive Anti-Aging product but worth every cent, i do hope i was some help with my experience, also i can feel the fat where it was injected it's not lummpy, also my eyes look great before the surgery people would Say oh you look Tired'' since the surgery i have never heard that comment again
The Following User Says Thank You to redbmw For This Useful Post:
Old 01-18-2008, 02:18 PM

golden is on a distinguished road
Juvederm lasts longer. Restylane is a waste of money. I've had it several times and it is just so disappointing.
The Following User Says Thank You to golden For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2008, 08:23 AM

vickytaylor1976 is on a distinguished road
Haven't tried Juvederm. Had Restylane in the lips. Definetely get the dental block and you won't feel a thing. Have some instant ice packs to put on your lips on the drive home and for the rest of the day and you will really reduce bruising. The Restylane worked great in a naso fold I had between the eyes and seemed ok in the lips too but I thing I need more product in the the lips as it didn't make a difference anyone could notice.
I have thin lips so maybe I just needed more. It cost about $500 for both areas for me. I bought the larger syringe of it and a nurse did it in the PS office. Hope that helps!