Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Lip Injections and Cold Sores

Old 02-08-2013, 06:49 PM

FinallyGonna is on a distinguished road
Lip Injections and Cold Sores

I'm having my BA on Thursday and I'm considering having my lip injected as well.
Someone told me that you can't do it if you are prone to cold sores (Herpes Type I). I occasionally have an outbreak, since I was a kid, but do not have an active sore and haven't for a year or so.
Can I still get the injection???
Old 02-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Come quickly & generously, Drop & Fluff fairy!!!

MauiBabe is on a distinguished road
I would like to know this as well!! I really want to plump these babies up a bit, but I am also cursed with these dang cold sores from time to time!
Old 05-06-2013, 06:59 PM

DisneyPrincess is on a distinguished road
I suffer from cold sores on my lips about 1-2 times per year. I take Valtrex. I am very pleased to say that I did NOT get any cold sores from the two times I had Juvederm injected into my lips!! My PS said as a precaution, I should take Valtrex immediately afterwards, but I didn't want to waste the prescription as they can be quite expensive.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM
Come quickly & generously, Drop & Fluff fairy!!!

MauiBabe is on a distinguished road
Yay! That is so great to hear! I really want to get it done, for just some subtle plumpness. If only I could get past the injection/pain part. It really freaks me out. I am okay with botox, but not anywhere near my lips (I also have anxiety at the dentist!)
Old 06-14-2013, 01:38 PM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
I premed with 500 Valtrex twice daily for two days prior and for a week after lip injections.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:10 PM

Pipelinekristen is an unknown quantity at this point
I just had my lips done yesterday and I swelled and bruised a lot. I am still too puffy yet to tell what it will look like. I have a low pain tolerance and it was okay. She put freezing on for twenty minutes and ice pack. I look pretty hillarious right now. If Ronald McDonald was around, he would fall in love with me. Lol
Old 09-10-2013, 10:19 AM

Cpoppins75 is on a distinguished road
I had my lips done today for the first time and my doc gave me Valtrex as a precaution. Two pills a day for three days.
My guy did a dental block for numbing. I cannot imagine how any one does it without!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:59 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Cpoppins75 View Post
I had my lips done today for the first time and my doc gave me Valtrex as a precaution. Two pills a day for three days.
My guy did a dental block for numbing. I cannot imagine how any one does it without!
I did it without- just numbing cream and it was fine. I'm a huge baby and thought it was going to be horrid and it was a breeze! I had it done the first time under anesthesia and was scared to death to do it the second time. They originally told me I'd have a dental block but when I got there and we talked about it I decided to give it a try without. I also take Valtrex as a precaution.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE