Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

lip procedures

Old 11-18-2006, 04:02 AM

leigh is on a distinguished road
lip procedures

Hi Everyone,

I have an appointment with my dermatologist next Friday, and had planned on getting Botox (I've had this done many times, and always happy with the result), but I would love to get my upper lip plumped up a bit, so I was wondering if anyone has had restylane done?

I've heard that it is quite painful, even though they do numb the area first. I have the appointment at lunchtime, and am wondering if I should be ok to go back to work in the afternoon? How long should it be swollen for?

If anyone can tell me about their experiences, I would be very appreciative,

Thanks,
Leigh
Old 11-18-2006, 10:18 AM

dcmartinx2 is on a distinguished road
I went in for my 3 mos botox and left with restylane on my lips about one month ago (only 1 vial - upper and lower). I, like you, only wanted a bit of plump - subtle. Yes, it was painful, although he numbed it prior, one the injections were complete, no pain whatsoever. Looked like I had kinda been stung by a bee on my upper lip for about 2 days. By days 5-7, it had settled good wish i had had more injected. I did it on a Thursday pm, and went back to work. Wish I'd had taken off, had to make up some silly excuse as to why my lips were swolen. was fine on Monday.

Hope this helps!
Old 11-19-2006, 01:45 AM

leigh is on a distinguished road
Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply! I'm not that worried about going back to work with swollen lips, as my boss and I are friends, so she knows what I'm having done.... it's more of a case of whether it's going to be that uncomfortable that I have trouble talking or something. In terms of it being painful, how bad was it?? I can handle botox without any problems, is it a lot worse than having that done?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:33 PM

jodyt will become famous soon enough jodyt will become famous soon enough
i had it on my lunch hour as well i went to work ok but did take an ice pack with me