Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By donatella

Juvaderm Ultra in lips - how long for swelling

Old 04-24-2013, 06:15 PM

donatella is on a distinguished road
Juvaderm Ultra in lips - how long for swelling

Hey helpful people

I had 1ml of Juvaderm Ultra in my lips yesterday afternoon (Wednesday). Most in my top lip as it was quite thin and some in my bottom lip. My top lip is looking lovely, swollen and duck like right now (which I am expecting). I just wonder how long this lasts?

I have to go back to work on Saturday and REALLY hoping its gone by then.

I am going to ice it on and off all day today. Thankfully I have no bruising.

Thank you
Old 04-24-2013, 06:19 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I was swollen for about 5 days. Get some arnica gel and eat some pineapple. It will reduce the swelling.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-24-2013, 06:26 PM

Oh sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet 5 days!! I hope not. I will get onto that asap, ta!
Old 04-26-2013, 07:39 PM

Okay well today is day 3 and i'm back to work this afternoon and going to try and smuggle them back in.

Wish me luck

Linaki likes this.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:45 PM

Dotdotdot123 is on a distinguished road
Omg I had mine done yesterday and I'm dying..I got 2 syringes this time which is more then I usually get, and I'm super swollen!! I've had Juve done 3 times now and nev experienced swelling like this..my hub actually asked me not to do it anymore bc I look so silly right now
Old 04-26-2013, 08:08 PM

Oh no! The swelling is awful isn't it! I have been housebound from society for 2 days but today back to work. If anyone notices I'm just going to make joke of it.

I have been liberally applying arnica cream the last few days to aid the swelling.

I'm sure you'll look amazing in a few days, men never understand these things
Old 04-26-2013, 09:03 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Dotdotdot123 View Post
Omg I had mine done yesterday and I'm dying..I got 2 syringes this time which is more then I usually get, and I'm super swollen!! I've had Juve done 3 times now and nev experienced swelling like this..my hub actually asked me not to do it anymore bc I look so silly right now
Did you do one each in the top and bottom? That's what I did and I definitely had some swelling. How painful do you think it is? I did the 1st time under anesthesia.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-26-2013, 09:04 PM

Originally Posted by donatella View Post
Oh no! The swelling is awful isn't it! I have been housebound from society for 2 days but today back to work. If anyone notices I'm just going to make joke of it.

I have been liberally applying arnica cream the last few days to aid the swelling.

I'm sure you'll look amazing in a few days, men never understand these things
Yep I did that too!!

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 04-27-2013, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
Did you do one each in the top and bottom? That's what I did and I definitely had some swelling. How painful do you think it is? I did the 1st time under anesthesia.
I had 1ml for both lips but most in my top lip as it was thin and eneven. I could definitely get more in my bottom lip but I'll see how this settles finally.

The pain is bearable. With the use of numbing cream first and then lidocaine in the product I would do it all again tomorrow. It's all over quick, I'm just glad I don't have bruises to go with my swelling I just want the top lip to stop sticking out so much. I'm sure that will happen within a week
Old 04-27-2013, 08:57 AM

Dotdotdot123 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
Yup! One in each...the pain isn't bad at all IMO..my PS puts strong numbing cream on and I wait for like 20 minutes for it to really numb me up before he starts. He even suggested a dental block, but I don't feel the need for it. My swelling went down a little, hoping to get it down some more by tmrw bc I have a jack n Jill baby shower to attend w all my hubbies co workers!
Old 04-27-2013, 06:11 PM

Okay guys, day 4 today and I'm still feeling very duck bill like on my upper lip (where I go most of the product).

It's definitely more prominent to my lower lip. Please tell me this is still swelling and that it does settle back in?
Old 04-27-2013, 08:07 PM

Okay i've put public pics up from immediately post injection to today, day 4. You can see from the side they stick out like a duck! Please tell me this gets better and is normal!
Old 06-06-2013, 02:57 AM
Always be YOU-don't try to be me, story ends bad..

HottBlondie77 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by donatella View Post
Okay i've put public pics up from immediately post injection to today, day 4. You can see from the side they stick out like a duck! Please tell me this gets better and is normal!
Im late to this thread. BUT-the injector can do things to make it less duck like. I like big lips. My injector said alot of times its not injected deep enough into the meat of your lips and causes a weird look. I look insane for like 2 days. Then BAM just full and nice. Also it needs to mbe massges into lips to get rid of the lumps. I have NEVER had a bad one.
xo
S