Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Linaki

Lip Injections Tomorrow, no pre care instructions !

Old 10-24-2013, 10:34 AM
Bloom where you are planted !

redrose1 is on a distinguished road
Lip Injections Tomorrow, no pre care instructions !

I spoke to the women at my PS office about doing my lip injections at the consult so I would not need to make two trips. I told her i ould take Valtrex as a precaution, and arnica pellets.. After I got off phone I realized I did not ask about pre instructions. I know from other procedures not to have Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Flax Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other fatty acids 1 week before and after treatment.

Online I read a long list of other things which seem a little crazy to me. So for girls who had it done, how important is it to follow these to the T ...I had caffine already today, and usually have a glass of wine at dinner ( date nite tonight ) .

this was the long list from a website.....

AVOID:Garlic, Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment
Old 10-24-2013, 10:50 AM

madem_jenn will become famous soon enough madem_jenn will become famous soon enough
I have done it twice and never needed any pre-instructions. I bruise easily and had not problem with lip aug. Now the belotero I got under my eyes...that was another story...lol
The Following User Says Thank You to madem_jenn For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 11:00 AM

2005wrangler is on a distinguished road
I never got any instructions prior to mine, it was spur of the moment~ I was getting my smile lines done. There was a little bruising, and by the end of the night, my lips were sooo swollen. I found that taking Benadryl helps reduce the swelling (anti~histamine reduces swelling, which is a histamine effect), I wish I knew that prior, but I figured it out 2 days later when nothing would help the swelling. Good luck, I hope it all goes well for you!
The Following User Says Thank You to 2005wrangler For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2013, 11:09 AM
Bloom where you are planted !

redrose1 is on a distinguished road
glad to know...so I should be ok with the instructions I already knew....so e offices my be over cautious....I am glad I read about Arnica before...and I always have Benedryl handy !
I have to see a client for lunch Sat and I do not want to look freaky !
Old 10-24-2013, 11:38 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Ive also had it twice and no pre procedure instructions. I did arnica pellets and that was it. Didn't even do valtrex and no problems whatsoever. I love love love lip injections!! For us ladies over 50 the lips are one of the first things to go LOL! I look normal again!

Again likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2013, 07:32 AM

Kiwi77 will become famous soon enough
Originally Posted by redrose1 View Post
I spoke to the women at my PS office about doing my lip injections at the consult so I would not need to make two trips. I told her i ould take Valtrex as a precaution, and arnica pellets.. After I got off phone I realized I did not ask about pre instructions. I know from other procedures not to have Aspirin, Motrin, Gingko Biloba, Flax Oil, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, or any other fatty acids 1 week before and after treatment.

Online I read a long list of other things which seem a little crazy to me. So for girls who had it done, how important is it to follow these to the T ...I had caffine already today, and usually have a glass of wine at dinner ( date nite tonight ) .

this was the long list from a website.....

AVOID:Garlic, Alcohol, caffeine, Niacin supplement, high-sodium foods, high sugar foods, refined carbohydrates (you may eat fruit), spicy foods, and cigarettes 24-48 hours before and after your treatment
How did it go? Anxious to hear