Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By stangs4me
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Teenage tatas

Going for lip injections on Thursday-SO nervous!!

Old 10-30-2013, 06:10 AM

Teenage tatas is on a distinguished road
Smile Going for lip injections on Thursday-SO nervous!!

I have had botox between the brows for about 4 years now every 6 months with AMAZING results. I LOVE it. I had my crows feet done once, but noticed no difference really...last time my injector (a nurse at a PS office that a good friend of mine worked at) tried injecting just a tiny bit of botox above my upper lip for free as she had just returned from a workshop and wanted to "try" a technique to enhance the lips using botox. She just wanted before and after pics. Sure why not! It made NO difference, she and I were both bummed out. Anyway, my husband told me I should get a SMALL amount of "those lip injections" (ha) that women get. He said he hated the duck lips, but said a little extra oomph would look really nice on me. I was so suprised, and after thinking about it-why the hell not?! The boobs were his "idea" originally (he got me thinking about them) and I LOVE THEM. I scheduled with the PA at the surgeon's office who did my surgery. Going for a consult tomorrow, and if all goes well hope to come home with some sexy lips. I just want a small amount and have a work trip next weekend and really don't want it super noticable. I am really nervous! After researching I am leaning toward Juvederm...wish me luck ladies.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:23 AM

stangs4me is on a distinguished road
Good luck. Hoping you get the sexy lips you are looking for.

Teenage tatas likes this.
Old 10-30-2013, 06:32 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I do Juvederm ultra the longer acting version and love it! I was super nervous the first time but it was no where near as bad as I thought it was going to be.

Teenage tatas likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 11-01-2013, 05:49 AM

Ok so I did it! I went for the consult. The nurse suggested a "try me" with just a half syringe of Restylane. She uses both that and Juvederm, but since Juvederm doesn't come in a half syringe, she wanted the Restylane. She said a full syringe of Juvederm would be way too much (she felt like my lips were already pretty full...? I didn't but she's the expert). I happily agreed, this seemed like a good way to start. It was $275 for a half syringe, so I didn't think that was too bad. 4 pin pricks (numbing cream a Godsend, as it still hurt pretty bad even with that), but in about 15 min I was done. The initial results were PERFECT! Like very subtle, but more pout and fullness. I was thrilled. She warned me-the swelling would start, but to remember how they looked right then as that's what they would come back too. Well SWELL they did-they are HUGE! lol This morning I look like I got attacked by a hive of bees!!! It's fine though-I knew to expect that. They don't hurt, no brusing, just GIANT. I am hopeful they settle down in the next couple days, and I am back to normal with fab lips by next Friday when I have a work trip coming up again. I will post pics shortly! I think I"m hooked...my husband saw them before the swelling and LOVED them. We had a little alone time last night, and he was digging kissing them. He said he felt like he was in bed with Angeline Jolie. Oh boy...

newboobiegirl12 likes this.
Old 11-03-2013, 04:40 AM

I had my lips done on Thursday-they were 100% normal, just a little fuller by Saturday. I really only had swelling for 1 day. I am thrilled with my results. VERY subtle but fuller to me. They just feel like I used a really good and effective lip plumper. I am happy as I didn't want them too noticable. Was with my mother all day and she didn't notice. Caught her looking at my lips a few times but I know she wasn't sure what was different or she would have asked. I like the rsults (and the price) of the half syringe of Restalyne-but the proof will be in the pudding how long they actually last. I may go for more next time...we shall see. I wanted to ease into this as I really hate lips that have been overdone. I LOVE that there are so many options for us women, and we can all enjoy the looks we love-subtle or POW! I have public pics posted in an album in my profile.