Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Belle_Bela
  • 1 Post By Barbietatas
  • 1 Post By anna1954

Photo's of my Juvederm from today's treatment!

Old 01-29-2014, 07:58 PM

Belle_Bela is on a distinguished road
Photo's of my Juvederm from today's treatment!

Hey all,

I got my lips injected today and thought I'd share the details for those of you with questions.

I sat down and the doctor asked me what I wanted. I told her that since it was my first time I wanted to start small with a half vial. I also told her "NO DUCK LIPS!" a few times, and that I prefer to keep the bulk of the filling to the inside rather than the lip line to help avoid that stiff looking lip.

She sat me back on the bed with a pillow and a ball to squeeze and cleaned my lips with some type of astringent (alcohol?). She put numbing creme on and let it sit for a few minutes while she unwrapped the Juvederm packaging, which I was kind of glad to see since some part of me was scared that she was going to inject some off-brand thing and pretend it's Juvederm (I read too many horror stories on the internet!).

She did the injections and they hurt enough to make tears stream down my face but it was not unbearable at all, just sting-y. It was kind of odd to feel the product going into my lips but not bad. She lightly massaged the product into my lips, wiped me down with something antiseptic and then slathered something protective on my lips.

All told, it took about 3 mins for the injections and 10 mins for the entire experience. I paid (only $150 for a half-vial, which is awesome!) and went on my merry way!

I took a picture of my lips in the car 5 mins after it was done (it's the second one I attached) and you can see they are fuller but not too full.

I felt a lump in my left side and massaged it which I clearly shouldn't have done because now I have a giant bruise there and it's super swollen on upper and lower left side. Oh well, I am icing it now (I had to teach a fitness class right after so had to wait three hours to ice) and hope it will get better faster. My lips are now very swollen but my left side looks very different than my right due to the bruising and swelling on that side (see the 3rd picture).

She said all the swelling will be gone in 2 weeks and then I'll know how a 1/2 vial looks in my lips and can see if I want more, but I already have fairly full lips so I think this will be okay. She also said that the first time you get a filler it won't last as long because it builds up over time. She said the first year most people probably need it 4 times, after that maybe only twice a year but it totally depends on how your body breaks it down.

Things I will do differently next time:

-Start taking arnica a few days before
-Hold pressure on lips for 5 mins after injections
-Ice lips right before and right after for 10 mins
-Not massage on my own :-(
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Before.jpg (28.9 KB, 89 views)
5 mins later.jpg (58.9 KB, 85 views)
3 hours later.jpg (57.7 KB, 89 views)

Barbietatas likes this.
Old 01-31-2014, 04:06 PM

Day 2

Here is a picture of the day after.

My lips were super swollen for the first 24 hours as you can see. The bruising was crazy and I had to tell all my clients that I got kicked in the face when I was spotting someone in handstand (I teach yoga). I don't like having to lie but I looked like I had been punched in the face and I didn't people to think I got in a fist fight!

I iced my lips as often as I could to reduce swelling but am not allowed to take any anti-inflammatory's for the first 24 hours.
Attached Images
24 hours.jpg (20.3 KB, 62 views)
Old 01-31-2014, 04:10 PM

Day 3

I woke up this morning and my lips looked much better! As you can see, the swelling has gone down a lot, the bruising is still there but it's less obvious. You can see how the bruise is also above the lip, not just on it.

I'm still icing in the hope that it will help the bruising too.

I'm not sure how much different it will look after they have healed, I might consider another half a vial.
Attached Images
48 hours.jpg (16.1 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-31-2014, 04:11 PM

Barbietatas is on a distinguished road
Wow!
Thanks for posting this! I am thinking about getting this done and trying to find some time to recover before I go back to work.
I think your lips look great and not ducky at all!!!!
And amazing that is only half a vial.

Very cool!

Belle_Bela likes this.
Old 01-31-2014, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Barbietatas View Post
Wow!
Thanks for posting this! I am thinking about getting this done and trying to find some time to recover before I go back to work.
I think your lips look great and not ducky at all!!!!
And amazing that is only half a vial.

Very cool!
Thanks, I feel much better about them today. I would definitely recommend doing it on the weekend so you have a day or two where you can ice a lot and not have to be in public; that first 24 hours was not cool at all.

I don't think everyone experiences the heavy bruising I have, I really think it's because my doctor didn't apply pressure and ice after nor did she tell me to do so. I figured it out on my own (thanks to google), which is why I'm posting this so that other women have the info if they need it.

I like how they look but I might want them fuller next time :-)
Old 01-31-2014, 11:51 PM

anna1954 is on a distinguished road
thankyou

Thankyou so much for sharing I always wanted to do this but was sooooo worried re: huge puffy duck lips. Want it subtle. Now I see that it is possible, thankyou xxxx

Belle_Bela likes this.