Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree14Likes
  • 2 Post By Lene
  • 2 Post By Belle_Bela
  • 3 Post By Linaki
  • 1 Post By Yogalover
  • 1 Post By Lene
  • 1 Post By Linaki
  • 2 Post By Teenage tatas
  • 1 Post By Lene
  • 1 Post By Teenage tatas

Getting married, need pouty lips

Old 02-17-2014, 09:58 AM

Lene is on a distinguished road
Getting married, need pouty lips

Hi, i am getting married after the summer and really want those pouty lips. What would you use as a filler; am i gonna get the best result with Juvederm or Restylane, or should I opt for something more permanent?

I am getting married after the summer, so I would really appreciate if anybode knew how long the different types keep their fullness?

Thanks

Teenage tatas and Belle_Bela like this.
Old 02-17-2014, 04:10 PM

Belle_Bela is on a distinguished road
Juvederm and Restylane are both FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers and have similar staying power. Many doctors prefer to work with one over the other but the results are the same. Having someone with an artistic touch administering the injections is more important than choosing one product over the other so make sure you pick a doctor with skill and experience at this particular procedure.

When you first get one of these fillers you will probably have to get it redone at about 8 weeks but after your first few injections the product starts to build up somewhat so you only have to get it done 2-4 times a year, depending on how fast your body breaks it down

I've heard women say that they found one of these products lasted longer than the other but I've heard it said about both of them, so I think it's probably due to build up and chemistry with the product.

I personally wouldn't get a more permanent filler on my first time. This way you can add or subtract more as you discover how full you want them. If you didn't like them it would really suck to be stuck with them!

Also, make sure you get your last injection 1-2 weeks before your wedding so that and potential bruising has gone down! If you look at the pictures I posted (a couple threads below this) you will see what my lips looked like the first week and wow, I would not want to look at photos of that for the rest of my life! :-)

Good luck and congratulations!

Yogalover and Lene like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Belle_Bela For This Useful Post:
Old 02-17-2014, 07:28 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I use Juvederm Ultra. It lasts longer. I am getting it done for the second time next week. It's been almost a year since I last did it. I love it

Teenage tatas, Belle_Bela and Lene like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-18-2014, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I use Juvederm Ultra. It lasts longer. I am getting it done for the second time next week. It's been almost a year since I last did it. I love it
Did it cost more for the Ultra? I got Juvederm but I think it's just the regular kind :-)
Old 02-18-2014, 12:09 AM

Yogalover is on a distinguished road
Is it possible for you to try a round of something that will wear off my your wedding in case you want to make any adjustments before the big day?

Lene likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Belle_Bela View Post
Juvederm and Restylane are both FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers and have similar staying power. Many doctors prefer to work with one over the other but the results are the same. Having someone with an artistic touch administering the injections is more important than choosing one product over the other so make sure you pick a doctor with skill and experience at this particular procedure.

When you first get one of these fillers you will probably have to get it redone at about 8 weeks but after your first few injections the product starts to build up somewhat so you only have to get it done 2-4 times a year, depending on how fast your body breaks it down

I've heard women say that they found one of these products lasted longer than the other but I've heard it said about both of them, so I think it's probably due to build up and chemistry with the product.

I personally wouldn't get a more permanent filler on my first time. This way you can add or subtract more as you discover how full you want them. If you didn't like them it would really suck to be stuck with them!

Also, make sure you get your last injection 1-2 weeks before your wedding so that and potential bruising has gone down! If you look at the pictures I posted (a couple threads below this) you will see what my lips looked like the first week and wow, I would not want to look at photos of that for the rest of my life! :-)

Good luck and congratulations!
Thanks This was very usefull, then I wont stress about the type of filling, but only focus on finding the best Dr

I was also thinking about starting with the injections soon, so i can "adjust" them to the right size to the wedding, so i dont get Duck Lips before the wedding. Is it a good idea to go large the first time and then adjust, or is it better to start smal and work the volume up?

I know, and I wont start with permanent fillers, but I think it is so expensive to get the fillers several times each years, but I really see your point about the no going back.

Belle_Bela likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:54 AM

Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
Thanks Hmm a whole year since last time, how much of the additional volume was left after that time?
Old 02-18-2014, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Yogalover View Post
Is it possible for you to try a round of something that will wear off my your wedding in case you want to make any adjustments before the big day?
I think that is the best approach I want them to be full and pouty, but not over the top, so I hope they are able to to minor adjustments that not brings the full swelling
Old 02-18-2014, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Lene View Post
Thanks This was very usefull, then I wont stress about the type of filling, but only focus on finding the best Dr

I was also thinking about starting with the injections soon, so i can "adjust" them to the right size to the wedding, so i dont get Duck Lips before the wedding. Is it a good idea to go large the first time and then adjust, or is it better to start smal and work the volume up?

I know, and I wont start with permanent fillers, but I think it is so expensive to get the fillers several times each years, but I really see your point about the no going back.

I started with a half a vial; I think I could have gone with a full vial but they look so good at this size that more might be overkill. I look very natural right now, you would never guess they were injected but they are really luscious and full. I might try a little more next time and see how it looks but less might be more in this case; I really don't want to look "done".

I think it's easier to start with half a vial and add more later. They say the swelling is all healed within 2 weeks so you can always add more after that. I found that my bruising was gone within a week but the skin was still healing a teeny bit up to about 10 days. No pain, I could just feel that the skin was a little flakier than normal (no one else could tell but me).

Keep us posted with some pictures when you get them done!
Old 02-18-2014, 10:21 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Belle_Bela View Post
Did it cost more for the Ultra? I got Juvederm but I think it's just the regular kind :-)
My PS only uses Ultra so I have no idea. I can't imagine there would be a price difference.

Belle_Bela likes this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 02-18-2014, 10:57 AM

Teenage tatas is on a distinguished road
I had Restylane in the fall (2 different injections of a "half" syringe. I let them settle then went back for more after 2 weeks).
I just had mine touched up with a half syringe of Juvederm. I found a new injector and she is FANTASTIC. My first experience was fabulous too, but this girl came highly recommended and did a little work building my cupids bow up etc. I had them done just this morning. They are PUFFY like usual, but I am in LOVE with lip injections (if done right). I loved the restylane, so I am excited to see how I like the Juvederm.

Belle_Bela and Linaki like this.
Old 02-20-2014, 01:56 AM

Thanks ladies I will keep you posted

Teenage tatas likes this.
Old 02-21-2014, 05:08 AM

Teenage tatas is on a distinguished road
Make sure you keep us posted-and post pics! I just put a couple new pics up of my Juvederm lips.

Lene likes this.