Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Teenage tatas
  • 1 Post By BrownRang
  • 1 Post By Belle_Bela
  • 1 Post By Teenage tatas
  • 1 Post By Jiggles meow
  • 1 Post By SecretlyMe
  • 1 Post By Teenage tatas

Had Restylane before-tried Juvederm today

Old 02-18-2014, 11:42 AM

Teenage tatas is on a distinguished road
Red face Had Restylane before-tried Juvederm today

So I had Restylane back in the fall for my lips. I did a half syringe at first, then went back and had another half injected about 2 weeks later. I LOVED the results. I don't think it lasted very long (like 3.5 months), but I've heard the more you get, the longer it lasts. However, they were still a little puffier than usual. My plan has always been to get a "half" syringe every 3-4 months to keep them "topped off" so I don't have to suffer with the duck lips. Now that I've grown used to my puffier lips, I feel like I can't be without it!
I tried a new injector this time (who I've been seeing for Botox, she is amazing). She prefers Juvederm-and as a bonus you get the Brilliant Distinction points. I bought a full syringe, and she will save what you don't use for 6 months. She used half today to "top me off". They look amazing already! I know the freak show swelling will start tonight. I will say that IMO Juvederm hurt WAY LESS than the Restylane with Lidocaine in it. It was nothing today. I am pumped because she did a little injection into my cupids bow to build it up a little which is cool. She seemed to be more "artistic" when she injected, and explained the different techniques and the different results you can get. Pics to follow. Fingers crossed this lasts a bit longer than Restylane! I love these puffy lips almost as much as boobs!

Belle_Bela and Blondie37 like this.
Old 02-18-2014, 12:02 PM

BrownRang is on a distinguished road
Good info. I'd like to start doing my lips oneday. This lady really sounds like she knows what she is doing. Would love to see pics

Teenage tatas likes this.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:03 PM

Belle_Bela is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Teenage tatas View Post
So I had Restylane back in the fall for my lips. I did a half syringe at first, then went back and had another half injected about 2 weeks later. I LOVED the results. I don't think it lasted very long (like 3.5 months), but I've heard the more you get, the longer it lasts. However, they were still a little puffier than usual. My plan has always been to get a "half" syringe every 3-4 months to keep them "topped off" so I don't have to suffer with the duck lips. Now that I've grown used to my puffier lips, I feel like I can't be without it!
I tried a new injector this time (who I've been seeing for Botox, she is amazing). She prefers Juvederm-and as a bonus you get the Brilliant Distinction points. I bought a full syringe, and she will save what you don't use for 6 months. She used half today to "top me off". They look amazing already! I know the freak show swelling will start tonight. I will say that IMO Juvederm hurt WAY LESS than the Restylane with Lidocaine in it. It was nothing today. I am pumped because she did a little injection into my cupids bow to build it up a little which is cool. She seemed to be more "artistic" when she injected, and explained the different techniques and the different results you can get. Pics to follow. Fingers crossed this lasts a bit longer than Restylane! I love these puffy lips almost as much as boobs!

It's so fun, isn't it? I am ready to go back for a 1/2 vial soon (it's been 3 weeks). I am a little afraid of losing perspective and going too big but we'll see how a little more looks.

I can't wait to see your pics!

Old 02-21-2014, 05:05 AM

A couple new pics up. So far I am LOVING the Juvederm. I prefer it over the Restylane. I feel like it's a little "firmer" feeling (yet still soft) inside my lips which I like. They are settling in nicely, I will likely go use my other half of syringe in a couple weeks. I would rather keep taking this approach-you can always add more. My goal will be to continue to get them "topped off" every 4 months with a half syringe so they just sort of stay where I want them. I think for me and my line of work it won't be so noticeable. I only swell for about 12 hours then they look normal.

Belle_Bela likes this.
Old 04-10-2014, 08:47 AM

Jiggles meow is on a distinguished road
I plan to start getting lips injected in June so maybe I will be a member by then and can see all your pics! Looking forward to seeing your progress. Google searches, I don't trust!

Old 07-15-2014, 04:44 PM

SecretlyMe is on a distinguished road
When you say Juvederm is firm... does that mean you can feel it? I suppose what I Really want to know, is will my boyfriend be able to feel it when we kiss?

Old 08-19-2014, 08:24 PM

Sorry so late with reply. It's not noticeable at all to my hubby when we kiss. I love juvederm!!

Linaki likes this.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:21 PM

baa721 is on a distinguished road
My fiance can't notice! It was slightly firm for the first few weeks, but now he comments on how full and nice they are.