Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree16Likes
  • 2 Post By Linaki
  • 2 Post By 4castles
  • 1 Post By cattrail
  • 1 Post By mbk11561
  • 3 Post By bewbfairy
  • 1 Post By bewbfairy
  • 2 Post By 4castles
  • 4 Post By 4castles

how much filler do you get? (pics again)

Old 06-07-2014, 09:07 PM

4castles is on a distinguished road
Question how much filler do you get? (pics again)

I have decided to get some sort of filler in my lips but now I need a little more advice from the veterans here. I am posting 2 pics of my lips to help. I want my lips to be a bit fuller and if possible to even out the top one, they are slightly shaped different. and then from the side, I want that little ridge that pokes lips kinda up and out on both top and bottom... any clue/advice how to get those kind of results without looking like a fish? I really want the "beestung" look
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Snapshot_20140607.JPG (9.8 KB, 67 views)
Snapshot_20140607_1.JPG (5.8 KB, 60 views)
Old 06-07-2014, 09:24 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I'm much older than you and one of the bad things about getting older is that you lose volume in your face/lips. I do fillers in my lips and cheeks. I do Juvederm Ultra twice a year. One time I do 1 syringe each in the top and bottom. The next time I do a touch up and do 1 syringe split between top and bottom. Some people only do it in their bottom lip, so that's something to think about too. I love it. The first couple of weeks when I do 2 I look rather scary and then it looks great and very natural looking. If you do it I would feel recommend taking arnica beforehand. Bruising is pretty common. I last had it done on a Friday and went back to work on Monday but I had to use concealer big time.

360mods and Sandpine like this.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-07-2014, 09:27 PM

i wish there were examples of pics like this is with half a syringe, this is a whole one, and this is two. so that i can at least see what will give me the results i want

Apple88 and Sandpine like this.
Old 06-08-2014, 05:06 AM
Mommy Made Over

Sandpine is on a distinguished road
If you find that info, share it with me! I am interested in Juvederm too
Old 06-11-2014, 10:00 PM

my appointment got moved up to this Monday. if all goes well and the consultation isn't too long, I will prob get my lips done that day.

I am bringing the chart at the end of this link with me to show what look I am going for and see how hard it will be to get that look.

I am going for the "angelic" look
Old 06-11-2014, 11:23 PM

cattrail will become famous soon enough
I started Juvaderm about 4 years ago, at first it didn't last long at all and I was going back in every 3-4 months but for the past 2 years I have only had to go once a year, I get a full syringe each time which is .8 cc which really isn't much but I find that is all I need.

LouisVLover likes this.
Old 06-12-2014, 02:29 PM

mbk11561 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by cattrail View Post
I started Juvaderm about 4 years ago, at first it didn't last long at all and I was going back in every 3-4 months but for the past 2 years I have only had to go once a year, I get a full syringe each time which is .8 cc which really isn't much but I find that is all I need.
I'm super interested, I have been getting mine AROUND the lips but not in. It actually makes my lips project more without filling the actual lips. Has anyone done this also?

BrownRang likes this.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:00 PM

so I just got hired for a new job and I start Monday afternoon, a few hours after I am supposed to do my injections. will I be ok you think for swelling? I only work for 6 hours that night and then a couple the next day, then off for a few.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:19 PM
BYOBF: BeYourOwnBoobFairy!

bewbfairy is on a distinguished road
First time a couple years ago, I got about 3/4 of one syringe between my top and bottom lip, then a touch-up with the rest a few months later. I told the Dr. to maintain the current proportions (top lips are generally supposed to be a little less full than bottom lips), and that I just wanted more 'oomph' to what I already had. For a more natural look (and to avoid the 'duck' look), ask your Dr. to avoid the edge/border of your lips and just fill the pink part.

Last time I had Juvederm, I had her use one full syringe between my top and bottom lips.

I have after images in my albums. Best of luck on Monday. Be prepared for a lot of swelling that same night, and/or the next day. Honestly, my advice would be to NOT schedule anything important for a couple days.

LouisVLover, Apple88 and Linaki like this.

bewbfairy's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-12-2014, 06:18 PM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 4castles View Post
so I just got hired for a new job and I start Monday afternoon, a few hours after I am supposed to do my injections. will I be ok you think for swelling? I only work for 6 hours that night and then a couple the next day, then off for a few.
I would not plan on working the same day. I had a dental block and was numb until after midnight that night. I've done it with just numbing cream too and there is no way I could have gone to a job after that. Swelling and bruising can be significant. This is from someone who didn't need pain meds after BA. I took a week off from work when I did my first lip aug and BA together. I looked worse from the lips than the BA. This last time I did it in Feb I made plans for the night of my procedure and I had to cancel.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-12-2014, 07:33 PM

baa721 is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I would not plan on working the same day. I had a dental block and was numb until after midnight that night. I've done it with just numbing cream too and there is no way I could have gone to a job after that. Swelling and bruising can be significant. This is from someone who didn't need pain meds after BA. I took a week off from work when I did my first lip aug and BA together. I looked worse from the lips than the BA. This last time I did it in Feb I made plans for the night of my procedure and I had to cancel.
How long did it take before the bruising and swelling went away? I made an appt today for injections towards the end of July. The soonest they had available is 11 days before my bridal shower and I don't really want it to be obvious what I had done. Unfortunately I can't do it after the bridal shower because I'll be going back to work. I work in a school, so I can't really take time off right at the beginning of the school year..
Old 06-12-2014, 07:39 PM
BYOBF: BeYourOwnBoobFairy!

bewbfairy is on a distinguished road
You should be fine within a week.

Linaki likes this.

bewbfairy's plastic surgeon is David Kim, M.D.
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-12-2014, 07:49 PM

Agree you should be fine in a week. My last visit I had a syringe each top/bottom and 2 syringes of Juvederm Voluma on Friday and it I was able to use concealer on Monday and went to work without looking crazy. I recommend arnica/bromelian about a week before and week after. It's helped me tons with bruising and swelling.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 06-16-2014, 12:41 PM

i just got back from having the juvederm done and so far I am loving it. the derm that did it, she was wonderful. I ended up paying $500 and I got back in 2 weeks to see if there are any changes I want done or any more added. she is also going to give me some botox around my cheeks to help with the wrinkling I was unhappy with around my eyes then.

as far as the lips, I was fine. I did the numbing cream for 20 mins and didn't feel anything but a twinge when she started. by the end, i was feeling most of it and was still fine. I am thrilled with the results and cant wait to see how everything looks once the swelling is down a bit.

she did my upper lip around the edges and then the crease where my lips meet she filled in a tiny dent I was getting and she added a small amount to the dents I was just starting to get around the nasiolabial folds. I tried to add the pics of before and after side by side but it isn't working.

this is prob about 30 mins after the last stick.
Attached Images
afterjv1.jpg (9.5 KB, 59 views)
afterjv1profile.jpg (5.1 KB, 57 views)

LouisVLover and baa721 like this.
Old 06-23-2014, 01:20 PM

an update for those in the future and to help me keep track.

I am a week out and I am so glad that I am going back in a week or so to get more. I loved my results the entire time my lips were swollen, but as the swelling goes down, I am not as happy. my lips are still bigger and I like the shape but I want the plumpness I had with the swelling.
I go back on the 3rd of July for more, will update again then.
Old 09-02-2014, 05:08 AM

Millenium is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by 4castles View Post
an update for those in the future and to help me keep track.

I am a week out and I am so glad that I am going back in a week or so to get more. I loved my results the entire time my lips were swollen, but as the swelling goes down, I am not as happy. my lips are still bigger and I like the shape but I want the plumpness I had with the swelling.
I go back on the 3rd of July for more, will update again then.
Did you get more added? Im thinking of having my lips plumped next time i have my tear troughs filled.