Go Back   Just Breast Implants Forum Other Plastic Surgery Procedures & Cosmetic Dentistry > Lip Augmentation

|
Forgot Username/Password?
Forum Home Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Lip Augmentation Discuss lip augmentation via fat transfer, implants, or injectable fillers here.

Like Tree16Likes

Getting Juvederm on the 22nd...

Reply Subscribe
Old 07-01-2014, 08:07 AM

baa721 is on a distinguished road
Getting Juvederm on the 22nd...

..and I'm nervous! I actually think I'm more nervous about this than I was about my BA. lol. Probably because I could easily hide my BA and with this it might be more noticable since it's right there on my face. I had a septo/rhinoplasty years ago though, and only one person has said it looks different. So maybe I'm just being paranoid. At least I'm on summer break (I'm a teacher), so I don't have to worry about going to work if I have a negative reaction. Hope I get the results I'm looking for so I can get married with EXTRA confidence in September!

Beachy Girl likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:09 AM

Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold Linaki is a splendid one to behold
I do Juvederm in my lips and love it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had it done the first time during my BA and from then in in the office. Expect it to look bad for at least the first few days.

Linaki's plastic surgeon is Paul Vitenas, Jr. , M.D
VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
The Following User Says Thank You to Linaki For This Useful Post:
Old 07-01-2014, 10:41 PM

BrownRang is on a distinguished road
Congrats! I'm curious, how did it look bad for the first few days? Swelling and bruising? What type and how much did you get? I'm very curious because I am going in in two days and I have to go to work that night! My work is chill though so it's not a big deal. But still curious!
Old 07-02-2014, 01:29 AM

4castles is on a distinguished road
i am going tomorrow for my appointment to get more. i had it done a little over 2 weeks ago and i am terrified of needles. she put some numbing stuff on my moth and face and let it sit for a while. after that i didn't feel more than the slightest pinch at first. towards the end i was feeling more but even then it wasn't bad at all.

i was able to go to work that afternoon and although swollen, its wasn't so bad that anyone noticed that i looked weird. i did get one dark bruise on my upper lip that took about a week to fade.

she also put atiny bit into the nasiolabial wrinkle things i had started and erased them completely. i am having more added to my lips tomorrow because i love the shape she gave me but want a little more "lusciousness" to them. anything i have left over i will ask her to put into the dents under my eyes. i am also planning on trying some laser around my eyes and some botox under my eyes on my upper cheeks

LouisVLover likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4castles For This Useful Post:
Old 07-02-2014, 03:44 AM
her name was Lola, she was a showgirl...

lolaaa is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by baa721 View Post
..and I'm nervous! I actually think I'm more nervous about this than I was about my BA. lol. Probably because I could easily hide my BA and with this it might be more noticable since it's right there on my face. I had a septo/rhinoplasty years ago though, and only one person has said it looks different. So maybe I'm just being paranoid. At least I'm on summer break (I'm a teacher), so I don't have to worry about going to work if I have a negative reaction. Hope I get the results I'm looking for so I can get married with EXTRA confidence in September!

I'm 6 days out from when I had mine done during my BA, and still have substantial brusing but my lips look great! I have an album. Everyone is different, I don't expect the next time I get it done to be this bruised
Old 07-09-2014, 11:12 AM

I just had my second round of Juvederm yesterday. here is a progressive pic from before, 3 weeks after and the day after my most recent one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
progress123.jpg (12.4 KB, 47 views)
Old 07-11-2014, 01:47 PM

That looks great!
The Following User Says Thank You to baa721 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 11:04 PM

LouisVLover is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by baa721 View Post
mine were swollen for about 2 days, then after the swelling went down i was sad..... wanted them big again lol
The Following User Says Thank You to LouisVLover For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by 4castles View Post
i am going tomorrow for my appointment to get more. i had it done a little over 2 weeks ago and i am terrified of needles. she put some numbing stuff on my moth and face and let it sit for a while. after that i didn't feel more than the slightest pinch at first. towards the end i was feeling more but even then it wasn't bad at all.

i was able to go to work that afternoon and although swollen, its wasn't so bad that anyone noticed that i looked weird. i did get one dark bruise on my upper lip that took about a week to fade.

she also put atiny bit into the nasiolabial wrinkle things i had started and erased them completely. i am having more added to my lips tomorrow because i love the shape she gave me but want a little more "lusciousness" to them. anything i have left over i will ask her to put into the dents under my eyes. i am also planning on trying some laser around my eyes and some botox under my eyes on my upper cheeks
let me know what u think of the filler under your eyes, I'm wanted to do this too to get rid of the hollowness.
Old 07-12-2014, 01:09 PM
Life is better with big boobs.

MiamiPineapple is on a distinguished road
I have had filler and now I have permalip implants. People that really know me well or who know about filler have asked me if I got my lips done. Some other people have just said I look great but it's like they can't really tell what is different. I think for the most part people will not notice.

Blondie37 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to MiamiPineapple For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 01:27 PM
BIG BOOBS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND

Blondie37 has a spectacular aura Blondie37 has a spectacular aura
Smile

Originally Posted by MiamiPineapple View Post
I have had filler and now I have permalip implants. People that really know me well or who know about filler have asked me if I got my lips done. Some other people have just said I look great but it's like they can't really tell what is different. I think for the most part people will not notice.
The permalip implants you have first off your lips look awesome did it hurt ?

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Old 07-12-2014, 05:15 PM

breathwork will become famous soon enough breathwork will become famous soon enough
I've done Juvaderm and other fillers.

I took it slow, the slower you go the slower the changes. You can keep re-evaluating what you need as you go along.

Also the swelling and bruising will be minimized when you go slower - do a couple of syringes and then go back after a couple of weeks and do some more.

They say these fillers go away and dissolve eventually completly but I have not experienced this. I haven't done any in years now and everything is still the same and holding very nicely. I recently went back to ask what she thought - if she thought I could do any touch ups. No was the answer and honestly I do not want to look done and want to look real as I age.

Best of luck with yours. I am sure you will love the results, I am so happy I did this. The confidence it has given me on a daily basis is amazing.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breathwork For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by bettybb View Post
I've done Juvaderm and other fillers.

I took it slow, the slower you go the slower the changes. You can keep re-evaluating what you need as you go along.

Also the swelling and bruising will be minimized when you go slower - do a couple of syringes and then go back after a couple of weeks and do some more.

They say these fillers go away and dissolve eventually completly but I have not experienced this. I haven't done any in years now and everything is still the same and holding very nicely. I recently went back to ask what she thought - if she thought I could do any touch ups. No was the answer and honestly I do not want to look done and want to look real as I age.

Best of luck with yours. I am sure you will love the results, I am so happy I did this. The confidence it has given me on a daily basis is amazing.
what kind of filler did u get that has lasted that long? the longest mine has ever lasted is 6-9 months

Linaki likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to LouisVLover For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:10 PM

breathwork will become famous soon enough breathwork will become famous soon enough
I've used all different ones and just listened to what the doctor thought was best for each area. I am amazed too that it has lasted so long. The only thing I can credit it too is that I did keep building up the amount slowly through a series of syringes.

I've asked the doctor and been told no but talked with other girls at the clinic who also feel after doing the injections so many times we would if some amount of scar tissue builds and that is part of the reason it is staying for so long.

I went to ask about doing the filler under the eyes (I forget the name) and was told no by my doctor, she knows I want to age gracefully and just slow the process down.

I have recently just completed a series of the Venus Freeze treatments and have found that I loved them and can see a very nice difference in the amount of firmness in my face and possibly new build up of collagen.

All I can stress is that going slow is the best I have found because when you get the injection you swell and react at the sight of the injection. Give it a couple of weeks or so, see how it looks go back and do some more. You are not over filled but keep adding where it is needed.

LouisVLover and Blondie37 like this.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to breathwork For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 07:38 PM

Barbietatas is on a distinguished road
I had it last week and had terrible bruising but I could tell a difference. My sister could tell the difference but no one else. I think I could have had a bit more and been fine.
I may go back for the rest of the vile of it.
Old 07-12-2014, 11:51 PM

I LOVE my results. they came out perfect! I got botox, juvederm and beletero (sp?) under my eyes. they look wonderful, I got zero bruising or swelling. it only even hurt the first hour, and that was just a dull sting.

LouisVLover likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to 4castles For This Useful Post:
Old 07-13-2014, 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by Barbietatas View Post
I had it last week and had terrible bruising but I could tell a difference. My sister could tell the difference but no one else. I think I could have had a bit more and been fine.
I may go back for the rest of the vile of it.
That's kind of what I'm hoping for. I want to notice a difference, but I'm hoping it's mostly unnoticed by the rest of my friends/family. I have very thin lips to begin with though (esp. when I smile), so that's the only reason why I'm worried.
Old 07-13-2014, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by bettybb View Post
I've used all different ones and just listened to what the doctor thought was best for each area. I am amazed too that it has lasted so long. The only thing I can credit it too is that I did keep building up the amount slowly through a series of syringes.

I've asked the doctor and been told no but talked with other girls at the clinic who also feel after doing the injections so many times we would if some amount of scar tissue builds and that is part of the reason it is staying for so long.

I went to ask about doing the filler under the eyes (I forget the name) and was told no by my doctor, she knows I want to age gracefully and just slow the process down.

I have recently just completed a series of the Venus Freeze treatments and have found that I loved them and can see a very nice difference in the amount of firmness in my face and possibly new build up of collagen.

All I can stress is that going slow is the best I have found because when you get the injection you swell and react at the sight of the injection. Give it a couple of weeks or so, see how it looks go back and do some more. You are not over filled but keep adding where it is needed.
thats kinda what my injector said too. she said we needed to build a base... i has a friend who got fillers in her lips and she did a lot like 2 syringes but after a while she built up scar tissue and they were permanently big. i will go back to add more soon
Old 07-13-2014, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by 4castles View Post
I LOVE my results. they came out perfect! I got botox, juvederm and beletero (sp?) under my eyes. they look wonderful, I got zero bruising or swelling. it only even hurt the first hour, and that was just a dull sting.
thats good to hear, Ive heard boletero is good for under the eyes as other fillers can leave a blue tint under the eye. I'm such a baby when it comes to needles.... so it didn't hurt too bad?????
Old 07-13-2014, 12:50 PM

Beachy Girl is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by Linaki View Post
I do Juvederm in my lips and love it. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had it done the first time during my BA and from then in in the office. Expect it to look bad for at least the first few days.
I had Juvederm done 3 weeks ago but the bruising was so bad I could not find enough makeup to cover and my lips are still lumpy. With all that said my wrinkly upper lip is gone and I love it.

LouisVLover and Linaki like this.

VISIT WEBSITE
DOCTOR PROFILE
Reply Subscribe